Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nassib at 8-

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Conquest8089


Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Posts: 2688
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Nassib at 8- Reply with quote

Doug Marrone worked with Mike McCarthy & credits him with his Coaching development. McCarthy is a protege of Paul Hackett, as he got his start at Pittsburgh when Paul was the HC. Previous to working in New Orleans w/ Sean Payton (Man Blocking), Doug Marrone worked under Paul Hackett with the Jets.

The offensive system is a nuanced version of the WCO. Blocking scheme wise, McCarthy utilizes Inside Zone. After taking over in GB, he implemented this new system. Previously Mike Sherman & Mike Holmgren utilized man blocking principles. I think the blocking scheme will be fit to the personnel.

Overall, the offense will be built on a strong play action game off whats expect to remain a dynamic rushing attack. Marrone will move the pocket, utilize K-Gun & eventually ask the new QB to become an adept progression reader. For years, the Packers have looked to take advantage of mismatches. McCarthy finds weak elements of a Defense & attacks them throughout a 60 minute game. His goal is to force Defenses to adapt & then adjust his approach. This keeps Defenses guessing.

McCarthy's scheme was potent for many years, but the OL has been a major liability. Schematically, theres a major disagreement between GM Ted Thompson & Mike on blocking scheme. Previous to McCarthy's arrival, Thompson utilized man blocking. The inside-zone has simply failed. The Pat Morris hiring leads me to believe zone could be in the future. Ran that system for 4 years in Minnesota. But overall, Morris is a veteran OL Coach that will adapt to the parts.

One think you'll hear Marrone continually reference is terminology. He places huge emphasis in a QBs ability to understand & communicate effectively within the system. Referenced Ike Hilliard's experience in Jon Gruden's offense specifically. Marrone wants all the guys to be on the same page w/ communication. And he wants that to happen quickly. THat's why Geno Smith whose operated in an Air Raid Offense is simply not the answer. The logical choices are Mike Glennon, Matt Barkley & Ryan Nassib.

The issue with Glennon is while he operates in a WCO the terminology is different than the Gruden scheme. His OC was Dana Bibble, who was hired by Ray Rhodes in Philadelphia after Gruden's departure or Oakland.

After one year under Ray Rhodes, Bible was replaced by Bill Musgrave calling plays downy he stretch of the 1998 season. Rhodes made the switch prior to the conclusion of the season. Worth noting Sean Payton was the QBs Coach in Philadelphia the same year. What happened was Bible simply lacked the ability to communicate within the framework of the Gruden system. For this reason & despite my love for Glennon's arm talent, I do not see him as fitting Marrone's vision.

Matt Barkley is a potential candidate. Kiffin was fired in Oakland because he attempted to implement a WCO whereas Al Davis wanted to return to the Air Coryell vertical stretch. Kiffen refused to oblige Al & was fired. Kiffin's WCO. His system utilizes talented complementary pieces with play-action, moves the pocket & employs communication similar to Marrone's. The issue is with the player, who lacks the arm strength & will end up in a Dome environment.

Nassib is the guy & is currently working with Paul Hackett at Syracuse in prepping for his Pro Career. You select him in Round 1, not willing to let another team land him. To make sure this works, Nathaniel relinquishes his QB Coach title & Paul Hackett is brought onto the staff. You want to ensure a smooth transition & that requires Nassib being completely fluent in the nuances of the scheme. Just to ensure the progression, you bring alone his Translator Paul Hackett.
_________________
I'm The guy who got shunned on FFs for arguing J.J. Watt should be selected 1st Overall in the 2011 Draft. I also thought Gabe Carimi would be a Perennial Pro Bowler. Live & Learn
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Thelonebillsfan


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 11074
Location: In the ether
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then we draft Justin Pugh in the 2nd, Shamarko Thomas in the 3rd, Alec Lemon in the 4th, and change the teams name to the Buffalo orange.
_________________
Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BillsGuy82


Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 9403
Location: Niagara Falls
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure we don't take Nassib at 8. He didn't grade out as a 1st round prospect and combine didn't improve his stock.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
cdavls17


Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 3247
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give you credit for your argument but Nassib will not be the pick at 8. Just because Nassib was under marrone and hacketts program at Syracuse doesnt mean that they bring him in to the nfl. It just means the bills have the best view of him. They only reason people keep insisting the bills land him is because of that but marrone wasnt able to bring in top talent qbs so who is to say that they want to go with Nassib?
_________________


Thanks Max
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trentwannabe


Joined: 28 Dec 2007
Posts: 3813
Location: Igloo, Canada
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Patrick Moran ‏@PatrickMoranBSD 5h
After speaking to a team source, I'm confident the Bills would take Matt Barkley with the 8th overall draft pick. I believe he's their guy.


for what its worth.
_________________


I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TommyC376


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 10266
Location: Capital Wasteland
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres my take on the "Marrone would take Nassib, because he was his QB in college" ...

Sitting at #8 Marrone can go in several directions including QB, at the very worst there will be one QB selected before Buffalo picks (IMO Geno Smith to Arizona) so that leaves the rest of the crop. With that said, why would Marrone go with a bottle of Kessler's Whiskey (Nassib) when he can have some Jack Daniel's (Barkley) ...



I need a drink.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BillsGuy82


Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 9403
Location: Niagara Falls
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Heres my take on the "Marrone would take Nassib, because he was his QB in college" ...

Sitting at #8 Marrone can go in several directions including QB, at the very worst there will be one QB selected before Buffalo picks (IMO Geno Smith to Arizona) so that leaves the rest of the crop. With that said, why would Marrone go with a bottle of Kessler's Whiskey (Nassib) when he can have some Jack Daniel's (Barkley) ...



I need a drink.


I'd love if the Cards took Barkley leaving Geno for us Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Conquest8089


Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Posts: 2688
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless Geno is ready to sit for 2 years to learn the system, I don't think Marrone would take him. No ability on the chalkboard. Understands nothing about a WCO.
_________________
I'm The guy who got shunned on FFs for arguing J.J. Watt should be selected 1st Overall in the 2011 Draft. I also thought Gabe Carimi would be a Perennial Pro Bowler. Live & Learn
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
BigBillsFan13


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 16385
Location: So Cal
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Heres my take on the "Marrone would take Nassib, because he was his QB in college" ...

Sitting at #8 Marrone can go in several directions including QB, at the very worst there will be one QB selected before Buffalo picks (IMO Geno Smith to Arizona) so that leaves the rest of the crop. With that said, why would Marrone go with a bottle of Kessler's Whiskey (Nassib) when he can have some Jack Daniel's (Barkley) ...



I need a drink.

I would have gone with Canadian Club (Nassib) and The Glenlivet 25 yr (Barkley), but cheers none the less!!
_________________
-Hope- wrote:
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
bucsfan333 wrote:
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TommyC376


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 10266
Location: Capital Wasteland
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Heres my take on the "Marrone would take Nassib, because he was his QB in college" ...

Sitting at #8 Marrone can go in several directions including QB, at the very worst there will be one QB selected before Buffalo picks (IMO Geno Smith to Arizona) so that leaves the rest of the crop. With that said, why would Marrone go with a bottle of Kessler's Whiskey (Nassib) when he can have some Jack Daniel's (Barkley) ...



I need a drink.

I would have gone with Canadian Club (Nassib) and The Glenlivet 25 yr (Barkley), but cheers none the less!!
I came up with that comparison when I was hammered at my best friends stag party lol
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BigBillsFan13


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 16385
Location: So Cal
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Heres my take on the "Marrone would take Nassib, because he was his QB in college" ...

Sitting at #8 Marrone can go in several directions including QB, at the very worst there will be one QB selected before Buffalo picks (IMO Geno Smith to Arizona) so that leaves the rest of the crop. With that said, why would Marrone go with a bottle of Kessler's Whiskey (Nassib) when he can have some Jack Daniel's (Barkley) ...



I need a drink.

I would have gone with Canadian Club (Nassib) and The Glenlivet 25 yr (Barkley), but cheers none the less!!
I came up with that comparison when I was hammered at my best friends stag party lol

So, does that mean you're still hammered at said stag party? I surely hope so!

Also, in that case I agree 100% with the choice of whiskey in your comparison...
_________________
-Hope- wrote:
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
bucsfan333 wrote:
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trentwannabe


Joined: 28 Dec 2007
Posts: 3813
Location: Igloo, Canada
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
Unless Geno is ready to sit for 2 years to learn the system, I don't think Marrone would take him. No ability on the chalkboard. Understands nothing about a WCO.


Rolling Eyes First off, I think the bolded is completely false.

And how is it you think you can make a definite statement like that. (italic)
_________________


I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
joeyL.


Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Posts: 942
Location: Morgantown, WV
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Conquest8089 wrote:
Unless Geno is ready to sit for 2 years to learn the system, I don't think Marrone would take him. No ability on the chalkboard. Understands nothing about a WCO.


Rolling Eyes First off, I think the bolded is completely false.

And how is it you think you can make a definite statement like that. (italic)



Sorry to but in, but that statement is completely false. He is extremely x-o intelligent.
_________________

^^^packerbacker87, mad props yo.
"
This is America, the land of individualism, civil
disobedience and footballs that dont roll like the rest of the world wants them to"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group