Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colt McCoy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saintsfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Colt McCoy Reply with quote

So the Browns are looking to trade McCoy after signing Jason Campbell to compete with Weeden. I would love to pick him up at the right cost. We still need a back up QB, and Colt is more than capable. On top of that, he is similar to Brees size-wise, and could learn a lot from him. He is only 26 which is also a positive. Thoughts?

Adopt-A-Saint 2013
Keenan Lewis 41 tackles 10 PD 3 INT 1 FF
Pierre Thomas 136 car 521 yds 71 rec 503 yds 4 TDS
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So the Browns are looking to trade McCoy after signing Jason Campbell to compete with Weeden. I would love to pick him up at the right cost.
So would I. I was big on him coming out.

Quote:
We still need a back up QB, and Colt is more than capable.
I don't know that he's more than capable. I think capable of a backup role is exactly how I'd describe him.

Quote:
On top of that, he is similar to Brees size-wise, and could learn a lot from him.
There's more to it than height. Brees has large hands for his height, it allows him to pump fake harder and hold onto the ball when he's getting sacked or under pressure. Colt has child-sized hands. Brees stand tall in the pocket and throws like a big man, Colt McCoy doesn't because of his height. Drew Brees has elite accuracy and touch down the field. Colt McCoy can't throw the ball down field with the wind at his back. Brees steps up into the pocket to beat pressure, McCoy uses his legs more often. I guess Brees could teach him how to get the most out of his small stature, but there's a lot more that Brees won't be able to help him with. I like McCoy and think he'd be a fine backup here, but it has more to do with his age and the situation he'd be walking in to than his size.

Quote:
He is only 26 which is also a positive. Thoughts?
Agreed. Let's bring him in.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade Harper for McCoy and I'm happy! Laughing
Injured Reserve: WR Joe Morgan
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter22 wrote:

That's the first thing that crossed my mind, TBH. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granted Brees has ridiculous sized hands 10 1/4 or something like that, but McCoy's 9 3/8 isn't that bad in comparison to most QBs. Now it does keep him from pump faking etc as well, which larger hands let you keep better control of, but I think McCoy for a cheap price would be fine. Trading Harper for him would be ideal, especially if we can trade back with another team come draft time for more picks to address the open safety position, unless we put IAQ there which I wouldn't mind either, and that would possibly save us money. Not sure how much money would be considered dead cap this year if we trade him compared to cutting him, due to guaranteed money rather than signing bonus money etc.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
Porter22 wrote:

Trade Harper for McCoy and draft Eric Reid!

I know, I know... a lot of people on here aren't sold on Reid as a top prospect but I am. I feel he can become a great SS in Ryan's scheme. Like a way more physically gifted and athletic Barry Church.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Raves

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Porter22 wrote:

I know, I know... a lot of people on here aren't sold on Reid as a top prospect but I am. I feel he can become a great SS in Ryan's scheme. Like a way more physically gifted and athletic Barry Church.

I'm not sold on Reid at #15, but say #25 if Star falls and Minnesota wants trade up for him, I could see being better value.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
Harper41

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Porter22 wrote:

I'm not sold on Reid at #15, but say #25 if Star falls and Minnesota wants trade up for him, I could see being better value.

If Star falls and we don't select him I'd throw a brick through my TV

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
SWATcha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd bring him in. I wouldn't give up anything for him though (draft pick wise). I believe the Browns will end up releasing him outright. I like your guys Harper for McCoy scenario though.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Raves wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Porter22 wrote:

If Star falls and we don't select him I'd throw a brick through my TV

I can understand how it wouldn't make sense, but this is a very deep draft for 3-4 defensive lineman, both DE and NT, they might not be as refined as Star, but they di have similar upsides. Such as the guy from Missouri Southern or whatever it is. Able to play NT and let Hicks play DE, or even Jon Hankins who might've taken a hit due to a poor combine and a lackluster statistically second half of the season due to being double and triple teamed constantly, he still would be a huge piece freeing up Jordan and Hicks on the outside and might be available after a trade back then trade back up into the late 1st early 2nd. #15 for #25 and #52, then #52 and 4th, and Chris Ivory to say Denver for their 1st.
#25-Eric Reid, S LSU
#30?-Jon Hankins, NT/DE Ohio State

It could work pretty well for us. Hankins might not be a great pass rusher but he definitely opens up other lineman and is very good at closing holes and clogging the running lanes. I've seen several comparisons of Hankins to Shaun Rogers. A lot of the negativity about how he looked soft is simply teams finally seeing Hankins up close for the first time. If he looks soft still after how much he's dropped and changed from before getting into college, just think how much more he can change in the NFL strength and conditioning program.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would mind him being our new Chase Daniel.

Robust Perry wrote:
They were the dirtiest organization in football

In reference to the Saints.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Porter22 wrote:

That's how I feel... Sorry, guess I shoud have been more specific. I want Reid but not at 15. I really want the Saints to trade down and get an additional pick (hopefully a 2nd) and Reid would be my target in the latter part of round 1.

Harper41

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but Reid was beaten like a red headed step child this year, not trying to call anyone out but did any of you guys actually watch LSU games this year? He was awful. When he wasn't surrounded by NFL caliber players in the secondary, he was exposed; to put it lightly.

I wouldn't touch him until the end of the 2nd at the very least. The guy is a bum in coverage, do we really want a POOR mans Roman Harper? No thank you.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
I'm sorry but Reid was beaten like a red headed step child this year, not trying to call anyone out but did any of you guys actually watch LSU games this year? He was awful. When he wasn't surrounded by NFL caliber players in the secondary, he was exposed; to put it lightly.

I wouldn't touch him until the end of the 2nd at the very least. The guy is a bum in coverage, do we really want a POOR mans Roman Harper? No thank you.

I disagree...

I think you refuse to realize how Reid was utilized this past season and what was asked of him. In no way do I see Reid as a FS which is what he was forced to play at LSU. Losing Mathieu was the least of his concerns this past season, with all the talk of LSU's dominate D-Line, they were a disappointment in pass rushing and Reid was continually left on an Island which was not playing to his strong suits.

In no way even compare Harper to Reid! Harper could only dream of having Reid's physical ability, size and coverage skills. I think you read to much into a player season by season and need to look more into why that players production droped of exceled in a short period of time.

Harper41

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

I disagree...

I think you refuse to realize how Reid was utilized this past season and what was asked of him. In no way do I see Reid as a FS which is what he was forced to play at LSU. Losing Mathieu was the least of his concerns this past season, with all the talk of LSU's dominate D-Line, they were a disappointment in pass rushing and Reid was continually left on an Island which was not playing to his strong suits.

In no way even compare Harper to Reid! Harper could only dream of having Reid's physical ability, size and coverage skills. I think you read to much into a player season by season and need to look more into why that players production droped of exceled in a short period of time.

What!? No. Reid looked lost in coverage this year, he was absolutely dreadful. It's no coincidence that he loses two star CBs next to him and all of a sudden he can't cover my grandma. He's not even close to a first round talent right now. You tell me I look too much into how they played but you want to completely ignore it, he freaking sucked this year. Elite prospects don't rely on other players and once LSU didn't have NFL talent surrounding him, he sucked. Simple as that. Matt Elam, among others, are much better prospects.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: