Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Another Weapon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
G08 wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
G08 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3_e3epg9iaM#!

I wanted us to pick Barden up (late) when he came out, but Jerry was looking for another guy that could jump out of a pool. Razz
I would like Barden.

We need legitimate speed, not another big possession WR.

The two are not mutually exclusive. As was said earlier in the thread, IMO we need TWO Wr's. including a speed guy.

Never said they were, and I strongly disagree that we need "TWO Wr's".

Marshall
Jeffery
Bennett
(speed guy)
Joe Anderson (I like this kid)

Then you still have E. Rod, Martellus Bennett, and Matt Forte. Not enough balls to go around and I don't want to waste a roster spot with a Ramses Barden (no ST value, IMO).
I meant to say we needed to draft two WRs. I am a pessimist so if we find one that sticks of the two that would be what I hoped for. Although it is possible that we could find two better than Weems.

Right now our roster has:
1) Weems
2) Terrence Tolliver
3) Dale Moss
4) Marshall
5) Jeffery
6) Hester
7) Brittain Golden
Cool Earl Bennett
9) Joe Anderson

Only two of those are locks and two probables.

I see three for sures on that list. Marshall/Jefferey/Bennett
I am (as of not) assuming Hester won't play WR.
Weems is no more valuable than Anderson/Golden/Moss in my mind. Moss is a bit of a hybrid guy in the vein of Marshall. He is big, huge radius and runs 4.4(ish). I am not comparing him to Marshall in any way other than the speed and size elements. I'd love him to develop into something, but see these three as longshots to become regular contributors.

Tolliver, I am going to look up. I honestly don't know much of anything about him.

Weems...he is just there. I would be ok with cutting him for any of these guys or another as long as they could enhance our ST play. I will look at his stats to see if they coincide with my remembrance of his receiver play last season.
You can rest assured these coaches will only keep those who can help us and if one of these unknowns can he will stay. I liked Anderson's play in the pre-season so I have hope for him (as always with pre-season heroes).

He added a lot on ST in his brief stint at the end of last year too.

3 years for $4.2 Million is a bit much for someone who was quite literally non-existent other than on special teams. Given the bargains that are out there at this point in time I would think he would be easily replaced with someone who could contribute a bit more on offense and not lose much, if anything, on special teams. Maybe they hold out hope they can do something with him on offense, but history shows he doesn't produce there.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
G08 wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
G08 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:

I wanted us to pick Barden up (late) when he came out, but Jerry was looking for another guy that could jump out of a pool. Razz
I would like Barden.

The two are not mutually exclusive. As was said earlier in the thread, IMO we need TWO Wr's. including a speed guy.

Marshall
Jeffery
Bennett
(speed guy)

Then you still have E. Rod, Martellus Bennett, and Matt Forte. Not enough balls to go around and I don't want to waste a roster spot with a Ramses Barden (no ST value, IMO).
I meant to say we needed to draft two WRs. I am a pessimist so if we find one that sticks of the two that would be what I hoped for. Although it is possible that we could find two better than Weems.

1) Weems
2) Terrence Tolliver
3) Dale Moss
4) Marshall
5) Jeffery
6) Hester
7) Brittain Golden
Cool Earl Bennett
9) Joe Anderson

Weems is no more valuable than Anderson/Golden/Moss in my mind. Moss is a bit of a hybrid guy in the vein of Marshall. He is big, huge radius and runs 4.4(ish). I am not comparing him to Marshall in any way other than the speed and size elements. I'd love him to develop into something, but see these three as longshots to become regular contributors.

Tolliver, I am going to look up. I honestly don't know much of anything about him.

Weems...he is just there. I would be ok with cutting him for any of these guys or another as long as they could enhance our ST play. I will look at his stats to see if they coincide with my remembrance of his receiver play last season.
You can rest assured these coaches will only keep those who can help us and if one of these unknowns can he will stay. I liked Anderson's play in the pre-season so I have hope for him (as always with pre-season heroes).

3 years for $4.2 Million is a bit much for someone who was quite literally non-existent other than on special teams. Given the bargains that are out there at this point in time I would think he would be easily replaced with someone who could contribute a bit more on offense and not lose much, if anything, on special teams. Maybe they hold out hope they can do something with him on offense, but history shows he doesn't produce there.
Joe Anderson signed for 2 years at min salary, what are you talking about dude?

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
G08 wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
G08 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:

I would like Barden.

Marshall
Jeffery
Bennett
(speed guy)

1) Weems
2) Terrence Tolliver
3) Dale Moss
4) Marshall
5) Jeffery
6) Hester
7) Brittain Golden
Cool Earl Bennett
9) Joe Anderson

Have another cup of coffee. I am talking about Weems. Laughing
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
G08 wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
G08 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:

I would like Barden.

Marshall
Jeffery
Bennett
(speed guy)

1) Weems
2) Terrence Tolliver
3) Dale Moss
4) Marshall
5) Jeffery
6) Hester
7) Brittain Golden
Cool Earl Bennett
9) Joe Anderson

Well the rest of us were talking about Joe Anderson, so I think you need that cup more than I do Wink

Roadrunner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
G08 wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
G08 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:

I would like Barden.

Marshall
Jeffery
Bennett
(speed guy)

1) Weems
2) Terrence Tolliver
3) Dale Moss
4) Marshall
5) Jeffery
6) Hester
7) Brittain Golden
Cool Earl Bennett
9) Joe Anderson

Well the rest of us were talking about Joe Anderson, so I think you need that cup more than I do Wink

Well, my last comment was about Weems and I was following up on that. Don't blame my coffee if you cannot keep up with me. Wink
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
G08 wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
G08 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:

I would like Barden.

Marshall
Jeffery
Bennett
(speed guy)

1) Weems
2) Terrence Tolliver
3) Dale Moss
4) Marshall
5) Jeffery
6) Hester
7) Brittain Golden
Cool Earl Bennett
9) Joe Anderson

Well, my last comment was about Weems and I was following up on that. Don't blame my coffee if you cannot keep up with me. Wink
You quoted AZ who quoted Al both were talking about Anderson, your last comment in the tree was spraying to all fields when it came to the WRs.

Roadrunner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
G08 wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
G08 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:

I would like Barden.

Marshall
Jeffery
Bennett
(speed guy)

1) Weems
2) Terrence Tolliver
3) Dale Moss
4) Marshall
5) Jeffery
6) Hester
7) Brittain Golden
Cool Earl Bennett
9) Joe Anderson

You quoted AZ who quoted Al both were talking about Anderson, your last comment in the tree was spraying to all fields when it came to the WRs.

I guess next time I will quote myself so that you do not think I am under the impression we signed a guy off the practice squad for $1.33 Million per year. Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: