Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 2014 free agents, where do we spend all this money???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tamby

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jared Allen
Frankie2Gunz

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamby wrote:
Jared Allen

Ummmm no. That is a total AL Davis signing. 31 years old, better years are behind him and he will want a ton of money. By the time this teams contends he will be 34ish. Terrible move to spend a ton of money on FA's like this guy.

Props to Silver&Black88 for the pimpin sig
raiderfan19

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resign our own first! Houston, JV, McFadden and either Moore ir Ford. Then I'd throw the farm at Nicks and take Macclin as the fall back option. I could see Reggie dishing out 1 big deal for a young promising player but that's it. These guys like Ireland in Miami and Lombardi in Cleveland might be kickin themselves in the butt in 2 years!

S\O Palooka on the sig
Tamby

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankie2Gunz wrote:
Tamby wrote:
Jared Allen

Ummmm no. That is a total AL Davis signing. 31 years old, better years are behind him and he will want a ton of money. By the time this teams contends he will be 34ish. Terrible move to spend a ton of money on FA's like this guy.

In the last 6 years he hasn't missed a game or had less than 11 sacks per season. He's a productive player that can be a stopgap for us on the defensive line while we groom someone else. He's from California and McKenzie will know more about him from their days in the NFC North. Nobody is going to give him a long term deal so I would be okay with paying up in the short term. We have to spend our money somewhere and I'd rather not try and outbid other teams for the top young star free agents. Give him a 3 year deal with most of the money upfront so we don't kill our cap long term. We have to spend our money regardless.
Bone_Collector

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamby wrote:
Frankie2Gunz wrote:
Tamby wrote:
Jared Allen

In the last 6 years he hasn't missed a game or had less than 11 sacks per season. He's a productive player that can be a stopgap for us on the defensive line while we groom someone else. He's from California and McKenzie will know more about him from their days in the NFC North. Nobody is going to give him a long term deal so I would be okay with paying up in the short term. We have to spend our money somewhere and I'd rather not try and outbid other teams for the top young star free agents. Give him a 3 year deal with most of the money upfront so we don't kill our cap long term. We have to spend our money regardless.

FWIW, I remember something about how Jared Allen hates the Raiders. I could be wrong though.

Anyways, Frankie2gunz is totally right. He's only going to go downhill from here. It would not be smart investment IMO. He'll get more than 3 years.

Props to cdUbs14 for the sig!

On the Panthers signing Roman Harper:
Harper41 wrote:
I feel like I just walked in on my brother and my wife.

Laughing
NickButera

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Reggie spends big on a free agent, which I don't think is unreasonable, it would make more sense that he would be a younger FA. Someone coming off his rookie deal or close after it.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Frankie2Gunz

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamby wrote:
Frankie2Gunz wrote:
Tamby wrote:
Jared Allen

Rather than spending 12 million per season on Allen I would rather spend that money on multiple younger players such as Alex Mack C, Jon Asamoah G, Geno Atkins DT. I bet we could land 2 if not all 3 for around 12 million per season. How much better would our team be with those 3 players who are all young and still in the prime of their careers as opposed to spending 12 million on 1 player whose better years are behind him? Granted most of those players I mentioned will be resigned with their current teams but you get the picture. Most likely Allen stays in Min. anyways...

Props to Silver&Black88 for the pimpin sig
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankie2Gunz wrote:
Tamby wrote:
Frankie2Gunz wrote:
Tamby wrote:
Jared Allen

Rather than spending 12 million per season on Allen I would rather spend that money on multiple younger players such as Alex Mack C, Jon Asamoah G, Geno Atkins DT. I bet we could land 2 if not all 3 for around 12 million per season. How much better would our team be with those 3 players who are all young and still in the prime of their careers as opposed to spending 12 million on 1 player whose better years are behind him? Granted most of those players I mentioned will be resigned with their current teams but you get the picture. Most likely Allen stays in Min. anyways...

IMO none of those guys make it to FA. Especially Atkins.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
Frankie2Gunz wrote:
Tamby wrote:
Frankie2Gunz wrote:
Tamby wrote:
Jared Allen

IMO none of those guys make it to FA. Especially Atkins.

Yeah, Atkins is a TERROR. No way you let the best DT in his prime leave Cincinnati.

btw, was Atkins in the same draft class as Gerald McCoy, Suh, & Lamarr Houston?

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Ro4DPoY

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian Robison's been in the league like 6 years, had 8 sacks in each of the last two seasons, he'd be worth a look IMO. There's also Brian Orakpo and Anthony Spencer. Orakpo's coming back from an injury and Anthony Spencer had a pretty good season last year.

I don't really know who i'd go with on offense, I'm not a good judge of OL and as far as WR's and RB's are concerned the only ones i'd look into are Anquan Boldin, Mario Manningham and Hakeem Nicks for WR's and there's Lagarroute Blount or however you spell his name and M.J. Drew for RB's. The best QB I saw as far as FA's was Cutler, which isn't saying much.

All these players are listed as FA's after this season on KFFL if anyone's wondering.

Been wanting to do this for a while now. Let's see what happens.

Last edited by Ro4DPoY on Mon May 27, 2013 7:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ro4DPoY

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying any of the players in the above post or this one would be available I'm just saying if they were that they'd be people i'd personally be glad to obtain as long as their level of play remains the same.

I forgot to look into DB's so I thought i'd post that list as well.

There's Aqib Talib, Charles Tillman, Rodgers-Cromartie and Corey Webster. I'd personally go for Tillman and Webster, had like 10 total INT's last season between the two. Gotta generate turnovers to win games.

We definitely gotta lock up players like Veldheer and Houston, We have about 10 players we need to lock up for the long haul, but if there was one player not many might agree with i'd appreciate seeing C. Woodson sign a 2-3 year contract that can be voided whenever he was ready to retire. I just don't want to see him doing what players like Randy Moss and Terrell Owens are doing.

Been wanting to do this for a while now. Let's see what happens.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really high on any of the scheduled NFL FAs in 2014. Hopefully the Raiders will use their money wisely on re-uping their own FAs and then acquiring salary cap casualties. As an example OT Jason Peters could be jettisoned for Lane Johnson in 2014 if he has a down season. Veterans are having a hard time getting paid in FA under the latest CBA. Once Peters clears waivers he would be a worthy gamble at RT. While Incognito clearly isn't the cleanest prospect he would be a serious upgrade for the Raiders who are struggling all along the OL. I didn't add Incognito as a 2014 FA as I believe he will eventually be cut this season. If the Raiders sign Incognito to an extension they could reduce his base salary to a more salary cap palatable amount.

I can envision: Veldheer - Incognito - Wiz - Watson - Peters

In short, use the cap space to acquire salary cap casualties (no bidding wars or recruiting) and attempt to get them to extend or let them walk and get the compensation pick.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
ryanTHEtrojan

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think are realistic contracts that DMC, JV and Houston (considering that these are probably our best soon-to-be FA players) are going to get?
raiderfan19

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryanTHEtrojan wrote:
What do you guys think are realistic contracts that DMC, JV and Houston (considering that these are probably our best soon-to-be FA players) are going to get?

Usually other players deals are Starting points for newer contracts.
DMC for instance may target a Shady McCoy type deal (6 year 45 million) wouldnt give him that though as he can't stay healthy and commuting that long and amount of money wouldn't be smart.
JV could think Jermon Bushrod numbers (5 year 35 million) I'd give him that in a heartbeat. Maybe even think longer on that deal. As of now JV is our building block offensively.
Houston may look to break the bank ala Kam Wimbley (5 year 35 million) even this past offseason Cliff Avril took 7 million annually in a 2 year deal. Houston as a base end is really good but the guys mentioned are high level pass rushers. A Houston deal might start at about 5 million annually.
And of course all deals range in guaranteed money, roster, workout bonuses and incentives.

S\O Palooka on the sig
ch8878

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't all the Free agents just the better ones.

UPDATED LIST:

QB
Jay Cutler
Josh Freeman

RB
Maurice Jones-Drew
Darren McFadden
Marcel Reece
Ben Tate

WR
Eric Decker
Kenny Britt
James Jones
Hakeem Nicks
Andrew Hawkins
Devin Hester
Jacoby Jones
Santana Moss
Emmanuel Sanders

TE
Jimmy Graham
Brandon Pettigrew
Scott Chandler
Dennis Pitta
Ed Dickson
Dustin Keller
Greg Olsen

T
Jared Veldheer
Eugene Monroe
Michael Oher

G
Richie Incognito
Jon Asamoah

DE
Greg Hardy
Michael Johnson
Michael Bennett
Jared Allen
Brian Robison
Antonio D. Smith
Justin Tuck

DT
Geno Atkins
Henry Melton
Kevin Williams
Jason Hatcher
Arthur Jones
Ryan Pickett
Paul Soliai
Anthony Spencer
Randy Starks

LB
Brian Orakpo
Sean Lee
Brian Cushing
Brandon Spikes
Lance Briggs
Donald Butler
Akeem Jordan
Calvin Pace
Jordan Senn
Jonathan Vilma

CB
Sam Shields
Brandon Browner
Charles Tillman
Zackary Bowman
Tony Carter
Marquice Cole
Tim Jennings
Marcus Sherels

S
Jairus Byrd
T.J. Ward
Chris Clemons
Donte Whitner
Stevie Brown

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: