Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins sign former Bears OG Lance Louis to 1-year deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
This is a loss but could point to Kromer deciding to break as many ties as possible on the Oline and start again...which wouldn't be a bad thing...

I think our 1st round pick is going to be a playmaker at either WR, LB or CB and our pick at #50 is going to be an Olinemen.

Lance Louis even said he needed a fresh start in the Sun Times article. We didnt offer as much as the Fins either.
http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2013/03/lance_louis_i_needed_a_fresh_s.html

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
This is a loss but could point to Kromer deciding to break as many ties as possible on the Oline and start again...which wouldn't be a bad thing...

I think our 1st round pick is going to be a playmaker at either WR, LB or CB and our pick at #50 is going to be an Olinemen.

Lance Louis even said he needed a fresh start in the Sun Times article. We didnt offer as much as the Fins either.
http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2013/03/lance_louis_i_needed_a_fresh_s.html

For me that is the feeling with the entire Oline...we let it decay to such a level where we just need to start again...Bushrod comes in to play the most important role on the line...now we need at least one other highly talented Olinemen this year most likely at OG...then I think next year we are still looking for at the very least a centre and more than likely another OT or OG.
wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The past several days I started feeling that Louis wasn't coming back. With all the signings and systematic way Emery has been going about his business I figured that a deal would have been done if they really wanted him back.

I think most people around here have been pretty optimistic that Louis had really taken a step or five forward and he was turning into a solid guard. That very well be the case but he is also coming off a significant knee injury and nobody knows exactly how he responds. Heck it was probably 6 weeks ago or so when Windy made a comment about the possibility of moving Louis to LG to take pressure off the bad knee.

I still see Emery going after a guard in FA as well as looking for one early in the draft but perhaps they feel really good about Carimi and/or Brown. I am not going to worry about it too much though because if there is one thing we know about Emery it's that he has a plan and will execute it.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh.

Louis was an average young player brought in under a GM who didn't care about investing in the offensive line, at all. The Bears have paid so little attention to the line for such a long time that I think some of you guys are overestimating this loss.

Lance Louis will not be a difficult player to replace.
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Meh.

Louis was an average young player brought in under a GM who didn't care about investing in the offensive line, at all. The Bears have paid so little attention to the line for such a long time that I think some of you guys are overestimating this loss.

Lance Louis will not be a difficult player to replace.

I agree. This is like the prettiest girl in >>>Insert State Full of Uglies Here<<< .

I would prefer one of the younger FA's unless Moore would come here for cheaper than one of them. As long as we have someone serviceable and address the need somewhere in the draft, I am cool with that.
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I brought this up in the James Brown thread but I will ask again...

Why were you guys excited that we got a steal in undrafted FA, but then when it looks like we actually might use James Brown, you guys are all "we cant let an undrafted guy start"???

Just really curious, I didnt even know about James Brown and you guys sold me on him, now it seems like everybody is against him actually playing....I dont get it

(If you dont get it Im saying James Brown plays Louis' spot)

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
G08

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:

My sentiments exactly.

I'm thinking it will be Arthur Brown / Barrett Jones.

Would you want to see a trade down?
ak06max

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:

Or Louis may just have been the best on a horrid line. Which is the smartest kid in a special class

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

My sentiments exactly.

I’m starting to waver in my want to trade down…I think as much as this is a deep class there are some quality players that would really help us ad instant starters…I’m still not sold on DJ Williams being our starting MLB…I think he would be a quality SLB but I really want a young playmaker at that spot who can become a leader for our D which is going to undergo a transformation over the next few years with Peppers, Briggs & Tillman all coming to the twilight of their careers…for me if Arthur Brown is there at #20 I take him and build around a new MLB for the next 10 years…Brown along with Melton, Wootton, McClellin, Conte & Wright gives us a really good starting point to keep our D strong for years to come when the vets move on…then I think at #50 we have to grab an Olinemen who can come in and start from day one…for me the perfect guy would be Larry Warford…he brings a physical element to our interior line that has been lacking…I think if we grab those two guys we have add two quality starters to our team…then we can add further depth and role players in the latter half of the draft…for me a very successful draft would be…

1…LB Arthur Brown…Kansas State
2…OG…Larry Warford…Kentucky
4…WR…Kenny Stills…Oklahoma
5…DT…Josh Boyd…Mississippi State
6…CB…Terry Hawthorne…Illinois

I would like to add a CB higher in the draft but I think with Hayden & Bowman back and the Bears being high on Frey we can wait it out another year to get younger at that spot.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
G08 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

My sentiments exactly.

I’m starting to waver in my want to trade down…I think as much as this is a deep class there are some quality players that would really help us ad instant starters…I’m still not sold on DJ Williams being our starting MLB…I think he would be a quality SLB but I really want a young playmaker at that spot who can become a leader for our D which is going to undergo a transformation over the next few years with Peppers, Briggs & Tillman all coming to the twilight of their careers…for me if Arthur Brown is there at #20 I take him and build around a new MLB for the next 10 years…Brown along with Melton, Wootton, McClellin, Conte & Wright gives us a really good starting point to keep our D strong for years to come when the vets move on…then I think at #50 we have to grab an Olinemen who can come in and start from day one…for me the perfect guy would be Larry Warford…he brings a physical element to our interior line that has been lacking…I think if we grab those two guys we have add two quality starters to our team…then we can add further depth and role players in the latter half of the draft…for me a very successful draft would be…

1…LB Arthur Brown…Kansas State I'm lukewarm but warming to Brown here. As long as it isn't Trevon, I can accept it.
2…OG…Larry Warford…Kentucky I am not on board here with this pick.
4…WR…Kenny Stills…Oklahoma This would be a great pick should he be there.
5…DT…Josh Boyd…Mississippi State
6…CB…Terry Hawthorne…Illinois

I would like to add a CB higher in the draft but I think with Hayden & Bowman back and the Bears being high on Frey we can wait it out another year to get younger at that spot.
I like 5 and 6 too.

Apparently Emery/Trestman do not share the enthusiasm demonstrated around here for LL. This is a bit of a surprise since I thought his arrow was moving up but we do need someone ready to go from the beginning and LL may not be ready that soon.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I forgot to share this with you guys. Asked about Brandon Moore earlier today.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 2h
@ImDaBaron very quiet. Think he could be a post draft signing
https://twitter.com/BrianCoz

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:
I brought this up in the James Brown thread but I will ask again...

Why were you guys excited that we got a steal in undrafted FA, but then when it looks like we actually might use James Brown, you guys are all "we cant let an undrafted guy start"???

Just really curious, I didnt even know about James Brown and you guys sold me on him, now it seems like everybody is against him actually playing....I dont get it

(If you dont get it Im saying James Brown plays Louis' spot)

I think its a natural tendency for fans to get excited about the potential that late round picks and UFA's could bring. Everybody wants their team to find the next Tom Brady diamond in the rough. However this has been and always will be a "what have you done lately" type of league. In both cases we are dealing with the same type of developmental prospect only in the case of Louis he was finally blossoming. At the same time it's easy for people to forget about why they were so excited about somebody to begin with when he hasn't done anything yet (Brown).

One thing I will say though is that if Emery heads into the draft w/o signing another guard that would tell me that they already feel really good about Brown and Carimi.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sucks about Louis is that we put in the development time with him and lived through the growing pains.

However as Mike said earlier I think this is a systematic rebuild of the OL.

And average pieces are not worth keeping as we make our moves. Louis despite being the Bears best OLMen last season was very average and while we do not see the solution right now I think he is aiming for someone better than Louis.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys think Jonathan Scott could be in the mix for a starting position as an OG? I know he was meant to be a swing tackle but if we have to put our best 5 forward, he might be in that group as of right now.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
Do you guys think Jonathan Scott could be in the mix for a starting position as an OG? I know he was meant to be a swing tackle but if we have to put our best 5 forward, he might be in that group as of right now.

No. He will play the same role as last season with hopefully even less playing time. I said this earlier, Emery did not put ANY emphasis on signing Louis which says something to me... I think there confident in Carimi at Guard, I bet we see him the starter at RG with a rookie at LG.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: