Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins sign former Bears OG Lance Louis to 1-year deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
Well with this move Im confident the pk @ #12 will be an Olinemen.
And again Id be OK if we packaged up D Bess & a 2nd rnd pk to move up & grab a LT.
But Cooper would be a nice consolation prize.

sug

I dont get this Cooper love in this form when Chance is the best OG
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
SUG wrote:
And again Id be OK if we packaged up D Bess & a 2nd rnd pk to move up & grab a LT.

sug

Because no one thinks Warmack will be available @ 12

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
SUG wrote:

sug

I don't like Warmack or Cooper in the top 20 picks minimum. They just don't seem to be special enough to me to warrant the high selection compared to some other guys that will be there in the 2nd and 3rd round. DeCastro from last year has been the only guard to ever impress me enough to call him a top 10 pick and he wasn't even selected till the 20's. In the end, a guard is a guard, no matter how good they are they just don't warrant a high selection. I have a feeling we are aiming for Lane Johnson.
Daryl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are both elite guards the difference is Cooper is a much better scheme fit. UNC uses the exact same blocking scheme that we now use. During the Carolina pro day Coach Turner (our OL coach) ran all the position drills for the Olinemen. For those that are wondering what the buzz is about Cooper find some film on NFL.com or youtube and watch the guy play he moves effortlessly and is strong as an ox. He fell on rep short of being the strongest OL at the combine which means nothing but you see it in his play. Some of the "experts" have compared him to Steve Hutchinson who was an absolute stud for years. Whats there not to like about adding a guy like that n plugging him in next to Pouncey??? I for one am rooting for Tavon but I wouldn't be upset with cooper at 12.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryl wrote:
They are both elite guards the difference is Cooper is a much better scheme fit. UNC uses the exact same blocking scheme that we now use. During the Carolina pro day Coach Turner (our OL coach) ran all the position drills for the Olinemen. For those that are wondering what the buzz is about Cooper find some film on NFL.com or youtube and watch the guy play he moves effortlessly and is strong as an ox. He fell on rep short of being the strongest OL at the combine which means nothing but you see it in his play. Some of the "experts" have compared him to Steve Hutchinson who was an absolute stud for years. Whats there not to like about adding a guy like that n plugging him in next to Pouncey??? I for one am rooting for Tavon but I wouldn't be upset with cooper at 12.
Applause it's not clear Warmack is the better prospect scouts are split on it. Me personally I favor Cooper by a tad.
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
SUG wrote:

sug

Oh I think Chance will be available...I'll go as far to say that Cooper comes off the board first. Warmack is a straight power player, he moves better than Incognito, but they have a similar style. Warmack does not block well in space and does not stay engaged at the 2nd level. He WILL get great movement on the line and he will double to a scraping linebacker, but ask him to pull up in the hole and seal the outside linebacker and he'll belly bump him but not stay engaged.

Cooper is soooooo smooth, but at the same time he still gets great movement off the line. Cooper does everything Warmack does but his athleticism and ability to move in space makes him more valuable than Warmack, regardless of the scheme. Probably the ONLY places Warmack is more valuable than Cooper is the Jets and where ever Tony Sparano is coaching.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention cooper has versatility he can slide to center and hold it down.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxnFNnW0IoM[/img]

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-bears-huddle/2013/03/tale-of-the-tape-chance-warmack-vs-jonathan-cooper/

On pass protection
Quote:
Cooper: Of the two, Cooper is the better pass protector. He is able to easily mirror DTs with technique and quickness. Against bull rushers, hes able to sink his hips and anchor. Cooper is flawless and has the ability to be one of the best pass-blocking guards in the league in his first year.

On Blocking in space
Quote:
Cooper: In space is where Cooper excels best in the running blocking department, as he can use his quickness and speed to get to the second level and seal off LBs. Cooper might not be the road-grading type, but he can effectively drive defenders back using technique instead of power.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooper was built for this scheme. Warmack was not. Warmack is very good but he is no Cooper.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this signing mean the Dolphins will wait on G in the draft?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
SUG wrote:

sug

Howdy ova, as I said before, Womack is a badass I just don't see nearly the athleticism in him that I see in Cooper.
If were back in the days of Sporano, Long & Ricky Williams I would agree with you but thats no longer the case.
I firmly believe Womack is just slightly more athletic version of Incognito.
We can do better.

sug
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
I been thinking the same thing if they view Louis as starter and I assume they do then more then likely they would take a G in mid rounds to groom for 2014 when Richie 5 mil a year contract is up. I am just guessing but idk
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
I been thinking the same thing if they view Louis as starter and I assume they do then more then likely they would take a G in mid rounds to groom for 2014 when Richie 5 mil a year contract is up. I am just guessing but idk

Since the signing I've kinda crossed off the idea of Cooper at 12....I really like the kid and feel like he would be a exceptional asset, but Richie, Cooper, Lewis and Jerry makes for a crowded position.

-or-

They sign Lewis, Draft Cooper and let Richie walk which would save the team about 4 million this year.....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:

Since the signing I've kinda crossed off the idea of Cooper at 12....I really like the kid and feel like he would be a exceptional asset, but Richie, Cooper, Lewis and Jerry makes for a crowded position.

-or-

They sign Lewis, Draft Cooper and let Richie walk which would save the team about 4 million this year.....

Don't forget Samuda ... the coaching staff has been talking positive about him. But then again the line coach said that Jerry had potential to be an all pro guard on Hard Knocks.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:

-or-

Don't forget Samuda ... the coaching staff has been talking positive about him. But then again the line coach said that Jerry had potential to be an all pro guard on Hard Knocks.
True lol.... Samuda can really move, It wouldn't surprise me at all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: