Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions S Spievey arrested
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
LionsGM wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
detroitroar wrote:
We sure know how to pick 'em...

I wasn't excited they brought him back
Cut him

Addition by subtraction

A little quick to pull the trigger there, eh?

I'd cut him regardless. He's blah

He's cheap, knows the defense, good back up, and one of our better special teams players.
DaMike

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you guys would have a thread sticky-ed about player arrests by now.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:

I'd assumed you'd be banned for trolling by now but you're still here.

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
1King

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:

You know what they say about assuming............

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:

No but I hear that we have one in the works for crap posts.

Feel free to fill it up!
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
detfan782004

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is what it is guys. People have short term memory. Everyone has issues. GB has had fair share if arrests. Bears had a couple. Vikings may be cleanest group in north in that regard. Det/GB clearly lead the way over past couple decades

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:

We did but rumour has it a Chicago Bears fan stole it.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People, please ignore the trolls. Replying is what they want.

And DaMike, Please refrain from trolling posts, but feel free to add something constructive if you choose.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Jrugges

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
It is what it is guys. People have short term memory. Everyone has issues. GB has had fair share if arrests. Bears had a couple. Vikings may be cleanest group in north in that regard. Det/GB clearly lead the way over past couple decades

Except they had the whole protitutes on the boat thing?
detfan782004

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

I said cleanest nobody is innocent even though some seem to think so

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Jrugges wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

I said cleanest nobody is innocent even though some seem to think so

hahahha touche'.

Anyways, I wouldn't of brought him back personally but this prolly shouldn't warrent him getting cut. If he proves to be the one at fault well idk, writting is one the wall with him then imo with all his off field issues, image, concussions, and on field play put him as a high liability at that point. We'll see how this continues but he is cheap and signed, but isn't unreplaceable and infact might be a move where it's additon by subtraction*(New guy they bring in is better than Amari).
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

I'm pretty sure there's no one left on the team who was involved in that.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
Laimbrane

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always fascinated when fans (and every team has them) feel the need to come in and make other teams' fans feel bad about things. It's a pathological defense of a team that is arbitrarily assigned by the whims of destiny, a defense of a team that doesn't know about that fan's existence nor care about them as an individual in the least. If you ever need to wonder why terrorists are willing to blow themselves up to hurt "the bad guys" or what would drive fanatical Germans to get behind Hitler, let this be an exhibit of smaller examples of that behavior. What they're actually saying is "deep down I'm miserable but it makes me feel better to feel like I'm part of a group - the correct group - and to consider people not in my group as less than me and then go and exert whatever power I know/feel I have over them."

The only way to truly defend against it is to realize that a) the Lions are not "your" team any more than any other team is "their" team and that it's really sad for a person to think of him or herself as part of it, b) enjoying other peoples' unhappiness is a sign of a deeper, more lonely unhappiness, and c) ignore it, knowing that not getting bent out of shape over these actions makes you a better person than the tragic individual that thinks that their chosen affiliation to an American Professional Football team somehow makes them superior in some way to other people. It's hard at first, but you get the hang of it, and when the trolls come, you just shrug and feel bad for them.

I've also found that it's much easier to enjoy watching any sport when you stop thinking of that enjoyment as a defensible part of your identity.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not the Lions and I don't feel bad that their players got arrested. It shouldn't make me feel mad/bad because I have no say and am not affiliated with them.

They have tried to avoid legal issues as of late. They even skipped Jenkins who I heard we really liked because of his issues.

This is a nonstory personally. It's a story if he gets cut.

Sig bet
Laimbrane

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
I'm not the Lions and I don't feel bad that their players got arrested. It shouldn't make me feel mad/bad because I have no say and am not affiliated with them.

They have tried to avoid legal issues as of late. They even skipped Jenkins who I heard we really liked because of his issues.

This is a nonstory personally. It's a story if he gets cut.

The only real problem is when the story becomes a distraction. It shouldn't be a story because it's just gossip and sports is supposed to help us avoid all that crap. Arrests are a story, though, because we all know the other players are going to be asked about it and they're going to get annoyed with the questions; anything that takes the emotional focus away from football is a problem.

That being said, I don't blame the players for that distraction so much as the media. Even if Spievey did do something wrong, it was likely a heated decision in an arena of his life that had nothing to do with football, and that (to me) makes it a non-football issue (unless he has to serve jail time and miss games or something like that). The reporters that spout off on these types of things, though, are making calculated business decisions that are football related and are detrimental to the team within the pro football arena. Those are the ones that I blame for making it into an issue (past the first day, when internet fans like myself hear about it and feel the need to voice their brief opinion).

IMHO, a story like this should have the shelf life of a day, at most. Hopefully, that's the case. We'll see.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: