Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Return of Rex Grossman
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will be our backup?
Rex Grossman
56%
 56%  [ 14 ]
Are You Out of Your Mind?
36%
 36%  [ 9 ]
Anybody but Rex
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 25

ak06max

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Selkiesxx wrote:
Someone just suggested Adrian McPherson. The same guy who got run over by the Saints medical cart. Yeah... while we're at it lets give Omar Jacobs, Andre Woodson or Rohan Davey a call, too.

I wonder if Chris Redman would still like to play.

We're all of those guys developmental projects of Marc Trstman?

Oh I hope not!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
SLCF04"]
Hey lets give Todd Collins a call as well... There is know way any of the old retired QB are better then Rex.

Bring back REX! And hope he just has to look sexy on the side lines and never see the field for more than 1 or 2 starts. But hopfully Cutler can stay healthy so it does not matter who is #2

By that logic we should be pursuing Brady Quinn. A pretty boy who no one wants in, but girls can stare at him on the sideline. lol

Rex's best season he had 7 games of over 100 QBR, but was so terrible he ended with a 73.9. He is literally a less productive passer than Vince Young.

I'm all for Jay staying healthy and never seeing the #2 outside of garbage duty though.

tribar wrote:
Sure! Why don't we call up Hanie while we are at it Laughing. And a QB as old as Batch isn't a good backup behind that Oline

Fine, then Grossman would be an even worse option, as he averaged being healthy for 6 games per year in his six seasons in Chicago.

Here is his career in Chicago
03- Could not compete with Kordell Stewert and Chris Chandler, and ended on IR with a broken finger when he became starter after we were out of playoff contention.
04- He tore his knee up running (untouched)
05- Missed games with a broken ankle the next season
06- Survived a terribly sporadic full season
07- Lost his spot to Griese and only regained it due to an injury (which he again was injured)
08- Filled in for Orton when he went down.

I don't understand where the faith in him comes from. He is a nice guy from everything I have heard and he was unfairly treated to a degree, but being a nice guy doesn't win games or make you a productive player. The guy has more turnovers than TDs, and in his best season has a lower completion percentage than in Cutler's worst year's.

I feel like this is the equivalent of the Arizona Cardinals board talking about bringing back Matt Leinart. lol

Its like no one will be happy if they don't get a pro bowl player at every position or back up position. Who is out there that is light years ahead of Rex. And yes the old guy dont count cues they dont bring as much to to table as Rex.

Quinn?.....Naaa

Clemons?..... Naaa

Who is out there?

I'm not looking for a Pro Bowl player, I'm looking for someone:
1) Isn't terrible
2) Isn't fragile
3) Doesn't help the other team score as much as he does his own.

Rex doesn't bring anything positive to the table for us.... but anyway:

Kevin Kolb is a better QB, though he will warrant a bigger deal than Grossman most likely, so unlikely he would be signed here.

Vince Young IS a better QB than Grossman.

Seneca Wallace could come in and play the game manager role and at least not be counterproductive like Grossman would in half his snaps.

Troy Smith is much more durable, and his mobility could help with Trestman's installation of read-options and evading pressure.

There are 3 options that are younger than Rex and one the same age, since you want youth. All are better overall QBs than Rex, turn the ball over less, and are FAR more durable than the Glass Cannon we know as Rex.

Seriously, other than a poorly placed bit of sentiment, there is no reason to want to bring in Rex. People point at a handful of good games, and ignore the majority of his other games which are destructive to his own team. He is Brett Favre without durability or productivity.

This^^^^^^

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
SLCF04"]
Hey lets give Todd Collins a call as well... There is know way any of the old retired QB are better then Rex.

Bring back REX! And hope he just has to look sexy on the side lines and never see the field for more than 1 or 2 starts. But hopfully Cutler can stay healthy so it does not matter who is #2

By that logic we should be pursuing Brady Quinn. A pretty boy who no one wants in, but girls can stare at him on the sideline. lol

Rex's best season he had 7 games of over 100 QBR, but was so terrible he ended with a 73.9. He is literally a less productive passer than Vince Young.

I'm all for Jay staying healthy and never seeing the #2 outside of garbage duty though.

tribar wrote:
Sure! Why don't we call up Hanie while we are at it Laughing. And a QB as old as Batch isn't a good backup behind that Oline

Fine, then Grossman would be an even worse option, as he averaged being healthy for 6 games per year in his six seasons in Chicago.

Here is his career in Chicago
03- Could not compete with Kordell Stewert and Chris Chandler, and ended on IR with a broken finger when he became starter after we were out of playoff contention.
04- He tore his knee up running (untouched)
05- Missed games with a broken ankle the next season
06- Survived a terribly sporadic full season
07- Lost his spot to Griese and only regained it due to an injury (which he again was injured)
08- Filled in for Orton when he went down.

I don't understand where the faith in him comes from. He is a nice guy from everything I have heard and he was unfairly treated to a degree, but being a nice guy doesn't win games or make you a productive player. The guy has more turnovers than TDs, and in his best season has a lower completion percentage than in Cutler's worst year's.

I feel like this is the equivalent of the Arizona Cardinals board talking about bringing back Matt Leinart. lol

Its like no one will be happy if they don't get a pro bowl player at every position or back up position. Who is out there that is light years ahead of Rex. And yes the old guy dont count cues they dont bring as much to to table as Rex.

Quinn?.....Naaa

Clemons?..... Naaa

Who is out there?

I'm not looking for a Pro Bowl player, I'm looking for someone:
1) Isn't terrible
2) Isn't fragile
3) Doesn't help the other team score as much as he does his own.

Rex doesn't bring anything positive to the table for us.... but anyway:

Kevin Kolb is a better QB, though he will warrant a bigger deal than Grossman most likely, so unlikely he would be signed here.

Vince Young IS a better QB than Grossman.

Seneca Wallace could come in and play the game manager role and at least not be counterproductive like Grossman would in half his snaps.

Troy Smith is much more durable, and his mobility could help with Trestman's installation of read-options and evading pressure.

There are 3 options that are younger than Rex and one the same age, since you want youth. All are better overall QBs than Rex, turn the ball over less, and are FAR more durable than the Glass Cannon we know as Rex.

Seriously, other than a poorly placed bit of sentiment, there is no reason to want to bring in Rex. People point at a handful of good games, and ignore the majority of his other games which are destructive to his own team. He is Brett Favre without durability or productivity.

This^^^^^^
Well, Rex is beating "are you out of your mind" almost two to one. I'm just saying...
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt Rex would want to come back here. We'd here the 'Good Rex Bad Rex' stuff all over again. I will say that part of his failure here was JA not drafting him O-linemen or many weapons.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowler1215 wrote:
I doubt Rex would want to come back here. We'd here the 'Good Rex Bad Rex' stuff all over again. I will say that part of his failure here was JA not drafting him O-linemen or many weapons.
Rex got to play w/a top 5 OL in 2005 & 2006. He had lost his job all on his own merit by the time the line fell apart in 2008.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: