Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

*** 2013 NFL Mock Draft - 1 Round - Updated 3/27***
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeGarrettsBlunt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: *** 2013 NFL Mock Draft - 1 Round - Updated 3/27*** Reply with quote

Round 1:

1. Kansas City Chiefs - Dion Jordan, DE/OLB

I got tired of mocking Joeckel to the Chiefs so to change it up a bit, they take Dion Jordan. I know they have Hali and Houston but if they think Jordan is the BPA they should take him.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars - Geno Smith, QB

The Jaguars are apparently in love with Geno Smith so he could be picked here. The new regime owes nothing to Gabbert.

3. Oakland Raiders - Matt Barkley, QB

I wouldn't be surprised if the Raiders decide to move on from Palmer. I know Raiders fans will hate this pick but I think its possible. The Raiders tend to be unpredictable.

4. Philadelphia Eagles - Luke Joeckel, OT

The Eagles may be looking for o-line help. If Joeckel is available he should be considered.

5. Detroit Lions - Eric Fisher, OT

Fisher is possibly the BPA besides Floyd, but they can't take another DT and Fisher fills a huge need as well.

6. Cleveland Browns - Dee Milliner, CB

The Browns may be looking for a starting CB to play opposite of Joe Haden in this draft. If they can get Milliner they would be set at their 2 starting CBs for a while.

7. Arizona Cardinals - Lane Johnson, OT

I think this is a tough spot for the Cardinals. There's no one really that makes a ton of sense. Offensive tackle needs to be upgraded so Johnson may be considered.

8. Buffalo Bills - EJ Manuel, QB

I know Bills fans don't like this pick but I think its possible. If two or more QBs are gone by the time they pick I think they take a QB with their pick. If Manuel is their guy why not take him now? He probably won't be there when they pick again and with the new rookie wage scale they aren't giving up the farm for him. If Ryan Tannehill and Christian Ponder can go in the first round why can't Manuel?

9. New York Jets - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR

I'm not sure how Jets fans will feel about this pick but the Jets need WR help and they like flash. Patterson as the #1 WR with Holmes, Hill and Kerley to finish out the corps would be an improvement over last year's situation.

10. Tennessee Titans - Sharrif Floyd, DT

The Titans may be looking for a defensive tackle. If Floyd and/or Star is on the board they may take one of them. Floyd could go a lot higher than this but if the Raiders pass on him there aren't many other teams that need a DT in the top 10.

11. San Diego Chargers - Star Lotulelei, NT/DT/DE

The Chargers could look for D-line help. Star is also one of the BPA so this wouldn't be a bad pick.

12. Miami Dolphins - Xavier Rhodes, CB

The Dolphins may be looking for cornerback help and if Rhodes is available I think they will take him.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Ezekiel Ansah, DE

The Bucs need pass rushing help. They should consider a pass rusher with this pick if they can't get Milliner or Rhodes.

14. Carolina Panthers - Kenny Vaccaro, S

If this is the board presented to the Panthers I wouldn't be surprised if Vaccaro is the pick. He may be one of the BPA at one of their biggest needs.

15. New Orleans Saints - Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB

The Saints could look for defensive help in the draft. If they are going to switch to a 3/4 they will need personnel to make that switch. They could look to take a rush linebacker in this draft. Hometown boy Mingo would be instant fan favorite.

16. St. Louis Rams - Tavon Austin, WR

After losing Amendola, the Rams left themselves really thin at WR. They took Brian Quick last year but he hasn't done anything. They could look for another WR in this draft. With two first round picks it could be in the first round. They have also said they will focus on getting Bradford some weapons this offseason/draft. This is the first new weapon for him.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jarvis Jones, DE/OLB

The Steelers will most likely be looking for a pass rusher in this draft. Jones could go a lot higher than this so this pick is good value. Teams like the Steelers that pick up falling prospects always enjoy the successes of these players later.

18. Dallas Cowboys - Chance Warmack, OG

The Cowboys need interior offensive line help. If Warmack or Cooper is available they should consider taking them.

19. New York Giants - Bjoern Werner, DE

The Giants may look to take a pass rusher in the draft. It could be in the first round if someone like Werner were to fall to them.

20. Chicago Bears - Jonathan Cooper, OG

The Bears get more offensive line help. If Warmack or Cooper falls to them they will be ecstatic.

21. Cincinnati Bengals - Keenan Allen, WR

The Bengals have three picks in the first two rounds and not many needs so they can afford to take a luxury pick like Allen. Pairing Allen with Green would create a nice WR duo.

22. St. Louis Rams (From Washington) - DJ Fluker, OL

The Rams need o-line help. Fisher doesn't like taking o-lineman early but he may have to if he wants to protect Bradford. Fluker can play RT if Saffold isn't back or guard if he is.

23. Minnesota Vikings - Sheldon Richardson, DT

One of the Vikings biggest needs is defensive tackle. Richardson is also one of the BPA.

24. Indianapolis Colts - Desmond Trufant, CB

The Colts need cornerback help so they may look at Trufant with this pick if he's available.

25. Minnesota Vikings (From Seattle) - Arthur Brown, LB

Another of Minny's big needs is linebacker.

26. Green Bay Packers - Matt Elam, S

The Packers may look for safety help in this draft. It may in the first round with Elam if he's on the board.

27. Houston Texans - Tyler Eifert, TE

The Texans could take a surprise pick like Eifert here. Owen Daniels has been only decent at best and since they like using multiple TE's the pick makes sense. They don't have a lot of other needs and Eifert is one of the BPA.

28. Denver Broncos - Jonathan Cyprien, S

The Broncos need secondary help. They could be looking for a safety and a cornerback in this draft.

29. New England Patriots - Robert Woods, WR

The Patriots like taking players that were once projected higher and have fallen. For that reason they may consider Woods if he's available. They need more WR help and should stop neglecting it in the draft.

30. Atlanta Falcons - Damontre Moore, DE

The Falcons could be looking for defensive line help. Possibly in the form of a DE or a DT or both.

31. San Francisco 49ers - Zach Ertz, TE

The 49ers have a lot of picks so they can address a lot of spots and/or take some luxury picks. They may also be looking for a TE2 in this draft and Harbaugh's familiarity with Ertz may put him on their radar.

32. Baltimore Ravens - Kevin Minter, LB

The Ravens get their replacement for Ray Lewis.

2014 NFL Mock Draft - Updated 12/30
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cards would take Warmack, Jones, or Mingo there

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sheldon richardson is only 1 of 3 DTs i'd be cool with in the first round for the vikings. good draft.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooper Applause
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid, just stupid. Barkley is a horrible fit into what we're trying to do on offense. And that's not even getting into value.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
The Gnat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very solid overall for the Vikings, two smart picks with Richardson being a good value.

Nobody

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decent pick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont hate the Bengals pick

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it.

Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon: Thomas DeCoud

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Jones in Pittsburgh

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
chris00cm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prefer Jonathan Cyprien over D.J. Fluker for the Rams personally.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Landru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: *** 2013 NFL Mock Draft - 1 Round - Updated 3/27*** Reply with quote

LeGarrettsBlunt wrote:

20. Chicago Bears - Jonathan Cooper, OG

The Bears get more offensive line help. If Warmack or Cooper falls to them they will be ecstatic.

Yes please. That would be the best case scenario.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
Love it.

That makes 2 of us as Jessie Williams would be acceptable as well.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bengals have quite a few needs, but a legit #2 WR is one of those, so solid pick.

#2 WR, 3 down coverage linebacker, a starting S to pair with Reggie Nelson, a home run threat at RB (can be feature or complementary)

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: