Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Michael Huff agrees to deal with Ravens 3 yrs/$6m
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the sense that we'll take a safety in the draft if someone drops and there's good value, but that we might also be comfortable simply starting Christian Thompson. Crazier things have happened, and crazier things have worked out for us.

Last edited by BaltimoreTerp on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
mddeckie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sign brandon lloyd for a 1 yr deal so what he can do
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anubiz wrote:
I know this is such a simplistic way to put it but depending on who they draft to play next to Huff they can also employ for of a Left-Safety/Right-Safety designation to where both safeties fully employ responsibilities of both the traditional FS/SS molds, but they are disguised depending on the coverage we are playing and the defensive formation we are in.

Yeah that's a possibility too if they get a guy that can do both. Personally that's what I would prefer because versatility like that is invaluable in my opinion but it's hard to say what the defense is going to looks like next season.
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 years, 6 million? Oh my goodness. Ozzie does it again.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mddeckie wrote:

No. Just no. Brandon Lloyd is a headcase. For all his talent he's got twice as much 'showboat and drama queen' antics. The Ravens don't want any part of that.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great signing. And yes, suddenly the sky is looking quite clear and blue, rather than falling.

So now the Ravens have their starting Free Safety for 2013, which means they can draft a guy who either starts ahead of Ihedigbo, or sits and learns for a year.

I'd rather they went and got a guy who can play both roles. Someone like Elam or Cyprien, because I like both Safetys to be capable of roaming and making plays in the passing game. That was where Pollard was limited.

3 years for $6million cannot be ignored either. Great piece of business by Ozzie.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
mddeckie wrote:

No. Just no. Brandon Lloyd is a headcase. For all his talent he's got twice as much 'showboat and drama queen' antics. The Ravens don't want any part of that.

I don't want any part of Lloyd as a player either. I've never really been a big fan of his. He just seems like he flashes some big plays every now and then but is mediocre at best for the rest of the time.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we're done with FA. We've got McClain, McClellan, Bynes, and Ayanbadejo all under contract at ILB and probably want to add one through the draft. I don't see any wide receivers out there that really look all that enticing and it's not really worth it to stick Flacco with another 1-year-rental type WR in the Housh/Evans mold when it would be more beneficial and cost-effective to get younger at WR through the draft or at worst, with our current crop, and give Flacco a passing game that he can think long-term about building chemistry with. It doesn't seem like there's much of a market for McKinnie so if he's willing to take close to the veteran's minimum to come back, I could see that as a possibility. But other than that, with 12 picks to work with, I think Ozzie's ready to start focusing on the draft to fill out the rest of the roster.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I think we're done with FA. We've got McClain, McClellan, Bynes, and Ayanbadejo all under contract at ILB and probably want to add one through the draft. I don't see any wide receivers out there that really look all that enticing and it's not really worth it to stick Flacco with another 1-year-rental type WR in the Housh/Evans mold when it would be more beneficial and cost-effective to get younger at WR through the draft or at worst, with our current crop, and give Flacco a passing game that he can think long-term about building chemistry with. It doesn't seem like there's much of a market for McKinnie so if he's willing to take close to the veteran's minimum to come back, I could see that as a possibility. But other than that, with 12 picks to work with, I think Ozzie's ready to start focusing on the draft to fill out the rest of the roster.

I think we still have our targets. Dansby, primarily. But we hold the leverage and won't be afraid to move on if their demands aren't slanted in our favor.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:

Yep. And I think with the more glaring holes plugged, he'll truly be able to go BPA in the draft. If we come out with a hole still at WR because noone was the best pick when any of our 12 picks came around, then Ozzie can go out and get a guy cut after the draft if need be. I don't think we have any spots that we NEED to get someone (other than LT maybe, but I think McKinnie comes back personally).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Ravens are going to spend any more money in free agency I would want it to be on a LT. I don't think there's anybody that good left at the position in free agency but I'm not a fan of any of the LT prospects that should be available when they're picking. But like I've said before I wouldn't be surprised to see them move Oher back to LT and start Reid at RT either. Especially if they can't get a quality LT in the draft or free agency.
rayvens4sb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
If the Ravens are going to spend any more money in free agency I would want it to be on a LT. I don't think there's anybody that good left at the position in free agency but I'm not a fan of any of the LT prospects that should be available when they're picking. But like I've said before I wouldn't be surprised to see them move Oher back to LT and start Reid at RT either. Especially if they can't get a quality LT in the draft or free agency.

Don't shoot me...but Gaither?
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rayvens4sb wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

Even if he was still a good player that could stay healthy I think that bridge was burned long ago.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rayvens4sb wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

Only if he comes in on a vet min deal with incentives being the driving force.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant believe the value we've gotten out of this. Right now heres my next question. lets fast forward to next year. Compensation picks.
weve lost Reed, Kruger, Ellerbe, Cary Williams if we say we dont sign another free agent what comp picks are we likely to recieve??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: