Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Start of Free Agency 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreadymatt wrote:
gone very quiet on free agency, are we still in the market for any players, or is our cap space over

Nothing will happen until after the draft. The FO will completely devote all of it's attention and resources to the draft.
Rolni

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Dreadymatt wrote:
gone very quiet on free agency, are we still in the market for any players, or is our cap space over

Nothing will happen until after the draft. The FO will completely devote all of it's attention and resources to the draft.

Agreed. They got who they wanted(and could) get before the draft and the rest will depend on how the draft goes IMO.
sundancejoe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Boo_This_Man wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Kevin Burnett played at Tennessee member of Omega Phi Psi. Reggie McKenzie played at Tennessee member of Omega Phi Psi. The Raiders probably have more Q-dogs, volunteers & former Packers than most teams. McKenzie LOVES affiliations. Care to revisit his interest in Bray? Better hold your breath until he's off the board.

I read somewhere that the Ravens team last year had 6 Q's plus Ozzie. Not really surprised being that its one of the most popular if not the most popular African-American fraternity.

Only among non-minorities as Omegas have honorary members. IIrc, Tomlin, Caldwell, Asmougha, Kirk Morrison, Brandon Marshall & Colin Keapernick (among many others) are all Kappa Alpha Psi. Braylon Edwards, Joey Porter, Jerry Rice & Emmitt Smith are Phi Beta Sigma. Upshaw, Art Shell & Donald Driver are Alpha Phi Alpha.

Keep being an awesome poster Baggabonez! Interesting angle that most would never think about.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sundancejoe wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Boo_This_Man wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Kevin Burnett played at Tennessee member of Omega Phi Psi. Reggie McKenzie played at Tennessee member of Omega Phi Psi. The Raiders probably have more Q-dogs, volunteers & former Packers than most teams. McKenzie LOVES affiliations. Care to revisit his interest in Bray? Better hold your breath until he's off the board.

I read somewhere that the Ravens team last year had 6 Q's plus Ozzie. Not really surprised being that its one of the most popular if not the most popular African-American fraternity.

Only among non-minorities as Omegas have honorary members. IIrc, Tomlin, Caldwell, Asmougha, Kirk Morrison, Brandon Marshall & Colin Keapernick (among many others) are all Kappa Alpha Psi. Braylon Edwards, Joey Porter, Jerry Rice & Emmitt Smith are Phi Beta Sigma. Upshaw, Art Shell & Donald Driver are Alpha Phi Alpha.

Keep being an awesome poster Baggabonez! Interesting angle that most would never think about.

That's probably because its pretty irrelevant, I bet. Wink

Laughing
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but there are some very good players still available...ok most of them have issues of sorts, but i'm guessing those still available can be had for Vet minimum, no?
Chali21

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking maybe Freeny to a one year deal. I'm sure I'm gonna get shot down for saying that but maybe we kick the tires on him or Abrahams.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
I was thinking maybe Freeny to a one year deal. I'm sure I'm gonna get shot down for saying that but maybe we kick the tires on him or Abrahams.

Neither will sign here. They want to play for a winner and a chance at a Superbowl.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those that wanted Larry Grant in free agency...

Quote:
49ers free agent LB Larry Grant has been suspended for the first four games if the 2013 season for violating the league's PED policy...

http://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/325352761401159682

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Darrelle Revis received a 6-yr deal from the Bucs that makes him highest paid DB in NFL history but includes NO guaranteed money. None.

If only he had Carson Palmer's agent.
macklemore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
For those that wanted Larry Grant in free agency...

Quote:
49ers free agent LB Larry Grant has been suspended for the first four games if the 2013 season for violating the league's PED policy...

http://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/325352761401159682

I'd still sign him, he was a beast in 2011 when he stepped in for Willis.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha.... McClain arrested again:

http://whnt.com/2013/04/21/rolando-mcclain-arrested-again-in-decatur/

Quote:
Eyewitnesses at the scene told WHNT News 19 that police officers had ordered McClain and several other people to leave the park after a large crowd had gathered there. McClain allegedly refused to do so, and began cursing at the officers. Authorities said McClain was eventually handcuffed and taken to the city jail before bonding out a short time later.

So glad this moron is not on the team anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Quote:
Eyewitnesses at the scene told WHNT News 19 that police officers had ordered McClain and several other people to leave the park after a large crowd had gathered there. McClain allegedly refused to do so, and began cursing at the officers. Authorities said McClain was eventually handcuffed and taken to the city jail before bonding out a short time later.

Wow! what a joke doesn't even take his 2nd chance seriously.
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing What an idiot
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Quote:

I laughed entirely too hard at this.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Baggabonez you win. I spent the weekend watching games from Richardson. He's every bit the player Floyd is and possibly better.

As a penetrating DT, it's no contest. He's a havoc creator in the backfield.

Starting to cool on Floyd the more games I'm watching. I'm seeing how his short arm effect his game. He gets stuck on blockers at times and is washed out.

This DT class is so deep, I would go best pass rusher available in round 1 and take DT late. Williams, Spence, Logan are all good looking prospects.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 29 of 100

Jump to: