Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Start of Free Agency 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dante9876

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im with big p. We cut those 8 guys and pick up who exactly. Some guys that fans see on other ps squads cause they saw two of their college games and they flash. Now nix and criner are the next two to go. But oline isnt close to healthy so nix is ok right now. There is nobody we have to have right now to cut criner.
Dessie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
Players that can be cut this year still:

Kaelin Burnett - Bone head plays are something that still needs to go
Juron Criner - Has no reason to be kept on the roster
Lamar Mady - Needs to be cut for good
Daniel Muir - Just signed but soon as the Dline gets healthy he'll be let go
Lucas Nix - Needs to be cut for good
Ryan Robinson - Hasn't done anything yet
Brian Sanford - Hasn't done anything yet
Jeremy Stewart - Doesn't provide much up side

Raiders need to use this bye week to get rid of crap players or players that have no purpose and add depth value.

And do what? Who are replacing them w/ that upgrades the roster?

Some of these guys are developmental players. Give them a minute to grow.

Exactly. You don't give up on projects that easily. Stewart has been good on special teams.
#clueless
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
ch8878 wrote:

Raiders need to use this bye week to get rid of crap players or players that have no purpose and add depth value.

Exactly. You don't give up on projects that easily. Stewart has been good on special teams.

Stewart is one of the few guys on that list I would not consider a project. He is what he is. Heck we had our top two RB get hurt and they still didnt let him in the game. But I agree on projects though. If there was someone better out there then sure take them. But dont see many guys out there right now.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Dessie wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
ch8878 wrote:

Stewart is one of the few guys on that list I would not consider a project. He is what he is. Heck we had our top two RB get hurt and they still didnt let him in the game. But I agree on projects though. If there was someone better out there then sure take them. But dont see many guys out there right now.

Agreed. Stew is what he is. We know what we'll get from him if we call his number. At least he's alright on ST. Sanford and Robinson are worth keeping around with our poor depth at their positions at least for this year. Same goes for Mady and Nix (Mad). Hell Mady isn't even supposed to be playing, he's just in due to injury. What's the problem with Muir?

I can understand the Criner and Burnett gripes. Burnett should have a ticket out of here as soon as his brother is no longer around. Guy is a penalty machine on freaking ST for crying out loud. Criner is never active and has gotten passed up by Butler and now Holmes who function the same as he does in our offense. I'm cool with keeping him for depth this year though.

Even if we dumped these guys, we'd be replacing them with much of the same. Not like there are difference makers growing on trees out there.

Professor Oak wrote:
Don't listen to the naysayers, S&B88.

SoS is in fact French. I've frenched his toast a couple of times. I think I would know.
ch8878

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Off that list I would keep Robinson and Sanford. Sanford actually has put some good games together for us. He isnt really a pass rusher so that is why you have not noticed him. As for Robinson there is upside there especially as he gets bigger. In the little time he did play he didnt look out of place.

Two of these guys though will be leaving soon. My guess is Mady and Muir. Burris should be back soon and Veldheer not long after. Wouldnt miss the other guys on that list though. I have a feeling they keep Criner though at least until next season.

big_palooka wrote:

Daniel Muir is 30 and more then likely was signed just to have depth while the other DT's get healthy.

Brian Sanford is going to be 27 I think and doesn't provide the much needed pass rush.

Juron Criner has vanished of the map.

Jeremy Stewart has been OK when called on, but has no real burst and doesn't really juke anyone out of there shoes.

Lucas Nix has just been awful surely someone on the unemployment line has to be better then him.

Lamar Mady is very young 22 I think so he can get better just have seen zero evidence he will though.

Kaelin Burnett is 24, so maybe some of his bonehead flag plays can be cleaned up, but he seems like a hothead.

Ryan Robinson he is also 22 I would like to see him to get more reps he looked good in preseason, but he must be doing something wrong otherwise why hasn't he got more reps?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Off that list I would keep Robinson and Sanford. Sanford actually has put some good games together for us. He isnt really a pass rusher so that is why you have not noticed him. As for Robinson there is upside there especially as he gets bigger. In the little time he did play he didnt look out of place.

Two of these guys though will be leaving soon. My guess is Mady and Muir. Burris should be back soon and Veldheer not long after. Wouldnt miss the other guys on that list though. I have a feeling they keep Criner though at least until next season.

big_palooka wrote:

Daniel Muir is 30 and more then likely was signed just to have depth while the other DT's get healthy.

Brian Sanford is going to be 27 I think and doesn't provide the much needed pass rush.

Jeremy Stewart has been OK when called on, but has no real burst and doesn't really juke anyone out of there shoes.

Lucas Nix has just been awful surely someone on the unemployment line has to be better then him.

Lamar Mady is very young 22 I think so he can get better just have seen zero evidence he will though.

Kaelin Burnett is 24, so maybe some of his bonehead flag plays can be cleaned up, but he seems like a hothead.

Ryan Robinson he is also 22 I would like to see him to get more reps he looked good in preseason, but he must be doing something wrong otherwise why hasn't he got more reps?

That was not the question I asked. I asked replace them w/ who? Who is out there right now you can add to the roster that offers an upgrade over these players? Mind you who were w/ the team through the offseason to understand the nuances of what is going on w/ their position.

To pull one name off your list. Ryan Robinson. An URFA who flashed in preseason who is a reserve. 'He must be doing something wrong' is your misguided argument? How about he's the backup to the best defensive player Lamar Houston who isn't coming off the field on passing downs. Did that cross your mind. Or the fact that the defense doesn't NEED him to play because he's a raw rookie. It's stuff like that that irks me. It's like you don't even think. He's a young player developing and you want to move on after 6 games for what? Add someone you think did something in college who is on another teams practice squad?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldnt mind getting Chris Harper on our PS. They seemed to like him at Senior Bowl.
raiders707

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope we can get a good run blocking OG some one like Bruce Campbell measurable's i can dream right haha.

OL DE FS RB LB CB our needs if 2 maybe 3 starters can be signed i much would rather have a play making DE,CB would be nice.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forget where we were talking about guys that left this past year.

Shaugnessey actually has been playing better than his numbers suggest in backup type role. Even before last night when he notched a sack and FF against SEA. Had a big game early on against STL as well. While he wouldnt be a world beater he would still be challenging Hunter for starting spot unlike our current backups. But we have some younger guys to develop and essentially replaced Shaugnessey with Hunter.

Bryant has been a beast obviously over in CLE.

Mitchell has actually done really well so not sure how some people said he hasnt made an impact. He has like 3 INT's just in the last two games to go along with his sack. He has been making other stops as well.

Wheeler really busted once he got paid. Maybe scheme or coaching but that surprised me.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Shaugnessey actually has been playing better than his numbers suggest in backup type role. Even before last night when he notched a sack and FF against SEA. Had a big game early on against STL as well. While he wouldnt be a world beater he would still be challenging Hunter for starting spot unlike our current backups. But we have some younger guys to develop and essentially replaced Shaugnessey with Hunter.

Hunter has done a lot better than I expected as a pass rusher. He's mainly a run defender but he's gotten pressure on the QB. Shaughnessy was overrated in his time here. He doesn't have a consistent motor and its why he'll succeed as a rotational end in AZ.

TiberiusRising wrote:

The one guy I was sad to see let go. You'd think he'd have a lil more loyalty given the Raiders signed him as a UDFA, but its a business. He's kind of cooled off since those first 3 weeks.

TiberiusRising wrote:
Mitchell has actually done really well so not sure how some people said he hasnt made an impact. He has like 3 INT's just in the last two games to go along with his sack. He has been making other stops as well.

Stats only say so much. Also see who threw those picks. Palmer (2) and Cassel. Panthers DLine is probably the best in the league.

TiberiusRising wrote:
Wheeler really busted once he got paid. Maybe scheme or coaching but that surprised me.

I see him fall on his face trying to make a tackle more than anybody. Wasn't good in coverage like advertised. We essentially traded him for Burnett and its been a steal.

You forgot about Matt Giordano. Pick 6 and a FF. Laughing

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Hunter has done a lot better than I expected as a pass rusher. He's mainly a run defender but he's gotten pressure on the QB. Shaughnessy was overrated in his time here. He doesn't have a consistent motor and its why he'll succeed as a rotational end in AZ.

TiberiusRising wrote:

The one guy I was sad to see let go. You'd think he'd have a lil more loyalty given the Raiders signed him as a UDFA, but its a business. He's kind of cooled off since those first 3 weeks.

TiberiusRising wrote:

Stats only say so much. Also see who threw those picks. Palmer (2) and Cassel. Panthers DLine is probably the best in the league.

TiberiusRising wrote:

I see him fall on his face trying to make a tackle more than anybody. Wasn't good in coverage like advertised. We essentially traded him for Burnett and its been a steal.

You forgot about Matt Giordano. Pick 6 and a FF. Laughing

I am not going only by stats however they illustrate what I actually saw in the games. Mitchell has been doing really well in his starting role and McDermott has been singing his praises. Shagnessey as well I thought did well even before last nights game because I actually watched him play.
holyghost

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the more possibility we see a compensatory pick or two for these guys. None of them would have necessarily won us any more games.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
All the more possibility we see a compensatory pick or two for these guys. None of them would have necessarily won us any more games.

Maybe if Gio got his one pick 6 for the year it would have helped us win 1. But now we're playing Ozzie's Comp Pick game it seems haha.

Professor Oak wrote:
Don't listen to the naysayers, S&B88.

SoS is in fact French. I've frenched his toast a couple of times. I think I would know.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
I forget where we were talking about guys that left this past year.

Great post!

Actually I think the culture of the organization was an issue. All these probably assumed they would be overcompensated for being loyal Raiders in the Al Davis mold. All the new guys came in as a bargain and the unit is playing well.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
ch8878

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

big_palooka wrote:

That was not the question I asked. I asked replace them w/ who? Who is out there right now you can add to the roster that offers an upgrade over these players? Mind you who were w/ the team through the offseason to understand the nuances of what is going on w/ their position.

To pull one name off your list. Ryan Robinson. An URFA who flashed in preseason who is a reserve. 'He must be doing something wrong' is your misguided argument? How about he's the backup to the best defensive player Lamar Houston who isn't coming off the field on passing downs. Did that cross your mind. Or the fact that the defense doesn't NEED him to play because he's a raw rookie. It's stuff like that that irks me. It's like you don't even think. He's a young player developing and you want to move on after 6 games for what? Add someone you think did something in college who is on another teams practice squad?

Apparently there is no good free agents other wise they would be replaced, but I don't see these guys making the team next season unless they catch fire to end the year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 68 of 100

Jump to: