Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Start of Free Agency 2.0
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Start of Free Agency 2.0 Reply with quote

Since the other thread will be locked....

I agree w/ trading a low round pick for Flynn if we were to think about that. I'll take my chances w/ Flynn over anything we have right now if Palmer is released. Kolb also.

PM sig requests.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather just sign Kolb to compete with Pryor. I highly doubt he would lose but if he does, he doesn't deserve to start. And that way we wouldn't inherit yet another bad contract and wouldn't have to give up any assets in a trade.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
I would rather just sign Kolb to compete with Pryor. I highly doubt he would lose but if he does, he doesn't deserve to start. And that way we wouldn't inherit yet another bad contract and wouldn't have to give up any assets in a trade.

Ya if we released Palmer sure I would give a guy a chance that doesn't have a bloated contract and that we don't have to give up a pick for. But neither Kolb nor Flynn inspire confidence.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:

Yeah, Flynn would be a last resort guy. I honestly do feel that Kolb is watching us and just waiting for Palmer to be released. I would be if I were him.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Ya would not like the Flynn trade at all. Give up a pick and pay Flynn 7.25million dollars. Release Palmer and save about 6mill on the cap. It would cost us more money to do this for a QB who isn't as good. Make's no sense. If it is for cap reasons we would be spending more for a downgrade.

Flynn is 27. Nobody really knows what he would be as a full time starter. Hard to say if he's as good as a 33 year old Palmer.

I'd be fine with a trade. 4th - 5th round pick is rumored to be the price. For a starting QB who may have some potential. Good value.

Ehh. This sounds like the Josh McCown trade all over again, just without Mike Williams. Career backup we trade for with a mid round pick who will start here and get nothing accomplished.

Flynn is literally riding off of one start in his life.

Ummmmm isn't that exactly what is going on here w/ Pryor?? Except Flynn came in during a meaningless game and absolutely tore it up. Pryor couldn't complete 50% of his passes and struggled big time but yet people want to keep him and suggest he's worth a shot?

LOL, no.

PM sig requests.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:

Ummmmm isn't that exactly what is going on here w/ Pryor?? Except Flynn came in during a meaningless game and absolutely tore it up. Pryor couldn't complete 50% of his passes and struggled big time but yet people want to keep him and suggest he's worth a shot?

LOL, no.

Hardly the same situation. Flynn's been riding the pine for years and was familiar with the system. Pryor is much younger and had to learn a new system last year. And not only that, but he's already on the roster.

I don't think much of Pryor, but come on man. The situations aren't comparable at all. You even said Flynn isn't riding off one start.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:

LOL, no.

Hardly the same situation. Flynn's been riding the pine for years and was familiar with the system. Pryor is much younger and had to learn a new system last year. And not only that, but he's already on the roster.

I don't think much of Pryor, but come on man. The situations aren't comparable at all. You even said Flynn isn't riding off one start.

Since you put it that way, you have a point. Pryor also sat for an entire year before this season so it's not like he was in college or not on the team.

PM sig requests.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:

LOL, no.

Since you put it that way, you have a point. Pryor also sat for an entire year before this season so it's not like he was in college or not on the team.

Yeah but Knapp came in and changed the offense he was in anyway. Flynn's starts in GB and Pryor's 1 start are so different. Say whatever else you want to but saying they are the same is just asinine, bro.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:

LOL, no.

Yeah but Knapp came in and changed the offense he was in anyway. Flynn's starts in GB and Pryor's 1 start are so different. Say whatever else you want to but saying they are the same is just asinine, bro.
He cant help the over the top hatred, he's been consumed by the darkside of the force.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
He cant help the over the top hatred, he's been consumed by the darkside of the force.

I've noticed the extremes of both sides do it. Usually end up in saying things that aren't true. Which is why I blew up on nodisrespect yesterday when he said Pryor is better than Palmer right now. And why I disagreed with Jtagg right here.

I might disagree with some opinions, but as long as they follow logic then I don't have a problem with them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

I've noticed the extremes of both sides do it. Usually end up in saying things that aren't true. Which is why I blew up on nodisrespect yesterday when he said Pryor is better than Palmer right now. And why I disagreed with Jtagg right here.

I might disagree with some opinions, but as long as they follow logic then I don't have a problem with them.

I agree.

I also have no problem if someone agrees with everything I say. Laughing
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:

It's not like he was capable of grasping the entire offense anyway so isn't it a moot point? I agree they're different and acknowledged your correcting of my error but I don't think they're as different as you're making them out to be.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:

"Hatred" or "Desire for a quality football player"? Sorry dude, I hold no bias. I gave the Steelers props today. I can guarantee you I hate them as a team more than anything in sports so you can get over the whole "bias" argument.

PM sig requests.
Chali21

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

I agree.

I also have no problem if someone agrees with everything I say. Laughing

I completely agree.

And really this whole trade is kind of dumb. Seattle has said they aren't trading him and Oakland won't trade for him if they still have Palmer. Plus this doesn't help out our cap situation at all either.

On the Raider's Staff
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Its like they're too incompetent to know they're incompetent.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

It's not like he was capable of grasping the entire offense anyway so isn't it a moot point? I agree they're different and acknowledged your correcting of my error but I don't think they're as different as you're making them out to be.

Is Matt Flynn a young, raw QB? No. He's a veteran who has been in the league for a while and has a few starts under his belt.

In what ways are they similar? That they haven't started that much? I guess you could say Dennis Dixon and Ryan Mallet aren't that different then.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 1 of 100

Jump to: