Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears screwed up on Ogunleye/Booker trade
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thats Gross Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Bears screwed up on Ogunleye/Booker trade Reply with quote

The Dolphins got a pretty solid reciever in Booker. The Bears got a good pass rusher in Ogunleye. If the trade would have been staight up then it would have been a fine trade but they gave up a third round pick which they won't have for this draft. They did this trade with the Dolphins wanting A-Train in a package deal with Booker but the Bears decided to trade the 3rd round pick instead even after having signed Thomas Jones and knowing he fit their system better. Now, A-Train is a goner because he wasn't effectively used last season and they won't get anything in return for him because he is a free agent. Just a little something to think about as the draft nears us.
DABEARS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the third is more because booker is much older than ugun and they wouldnt give up a train just in case jones got hurt - which he did - so it wasnt a bad move - its only a third rounder - could be a lot worse
beardown5883

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would give up booker and a 3rd for 'wale in a second, even after his injury plagued season. Ogunleye is the perfect fit to Lovie's system and Booker was nothing more than a possession reciever who would have done little for us last season considering our qb/offensive problems. We may have given up a 3rd rounder that we would like to have now, but this draft is not very talented in any position compared to years prior. At most we lose out on a backup running back which is what we would have lost in A-train. To me it seems like a very good trade, one that i will be very happy about come next season when we have 'wale at full strength and he and that whole D are able to terrorize people like the monsters that they are
purdueman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Last years Dolphins trade Reply with quote

[quote="beardown5883"]i would give up booker and a 3rd for 'wale in a second, even after his injury plagued season. Ogunleye is the perfect fit to Lovie's system and Booker was nothing more than a possession reciever who would have done little for us last season considering our qb/offensive problems. We may have given up a 3rd rounder that we would like to have now, but this draft is not very talented in any position compared to years prior. At most we lose out on a backup running back which is what we would have lost in A-train. To me it seems like a very good trade, one that i will be very happy about come next season when we have 'wale at full strength and he and that whole D are able to terrorize people like the monsters that they are[/quote]
I agree with you! We've replaced Booker with a better receiver in Mohammad without having to give up a draft choice, so basically we got Oguneleye for a 3rd round pick in what's said to be the weakest overall draft in over a decade. That's a FINE trade! Wink

Remember that Oguneleye played hurt on a bad ankle over half the season last year and several times had two rookie DT's playing next to him. Our d-line is like a fine bottle of wine now... barring injuries, it will only get better with age!
USNinc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if the trade was real good for the Dolphins because they're talking about Booker being let go.
How true it is I don't know.

O-Gun did good but not great.

The 3rd rounder doesn't hurt as much if you trade down a pick up a bit.

Train helped the Bears out last year but if the Dolphins were wanting Booker/Train for Gun then they would have needed to throw in a pick. I doubt they wanted to because of the high cap and lack of picks they already had.
Bernie Mac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Trade Reply with quote

I thought that the Ogunleye trade was good. Remember that he was hurt most of last season. I bet he has a monster year next year and picks up around 10 sacks. Call me crazy but we will just wait and see.
SlidellSaint

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears won that trade. Have you heard anything about Booker in Miami?!?!?!?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Lets_Play_2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade worked out by far the best for the Bears. Just look at the upcomming DL rotation:

DE: Brown, O-Gun, & Haynes.
DT: Harris, Scott, & Tank.

That's a really sweet rotation on the DLine.

No slam on Book, just that we really needed a talent like O-Gun.
Dolphins9954

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will see if he can get 10+ sacks without JT on the other side now wont we
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and JT went from 13 sacks down to 9.5 so what's your point?? Alex Brown will be a force this year and I see him getting 8-10 sacks, and O-gun getting about 12-15.
The Revolution

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlidellSaint wrote:
The Bears won that trade. Have you heard anything about Booker in Miami?!?!?!?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yeah booker didnt do anything, good call
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dolphins9954

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean he went from 13 to 9.5..i think he got more than 10 this year durrr
GRRLacher

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duurrrr... he got 9.5 - check for yourself:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/4370
DABEARS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he was also injured the whole year and didnt tell anybody until after the season - 9.5 with a bumbed ankle is not bad.
GRRLacher

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong - I think Taylor is a very good DE... I'm just saying that he got those big numbers with help from O-gun... and vice versa. I think that Alex Brown turned a corner last year and I see him and O-gun putting up some good numbers this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: