Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Elwayfan Quick Denver Mock Draft
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Elwayfan Quick Denver Mock Draft Reply with quote

I'm not going to lie, I really have no clue how Elway will attack this draft. I do think he values pass rushers so I expect it to be addressed. After that its anyone's guess

Round 1- Jonathan Banks CB Mississippi- I think if Werner is available, he is the pick. However, I feel he will be gone. Denver is looking for size at the corner spot and Banks has it. He will be a great pick
Round 2- Corey Lemonier DE Auburn- Elway grabs another pass rusher here. Lemonier can rush the passer and will be a great fit
Round 3- Devon Taylor DE South Carolina- I know back to back DEís seems a bit much. However, Taylorís upside is too great. Fox has made a career getting the most out of defensive lineman. I think they take a risk on his upside here.
Round 4- Zac Stacy RB Vanderbilt- This is a good spot for platoon RB.
Round 5- Bruce Taylor LB Virginia Tech- Solid all-around player, Core special teams
Round 7- Oday Aboushi OT Virginia- Aboushi has had an awful draft season. This may cause his stock to plummet. However, he can play all positions to an extent and could be a valuable utility lineman.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. What about Tank Carradine? My cousin was telling me he could be a great asset to the team.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lemonier will go in the 1st round or top of the 2nd. No way does he last to late 2nd. Too much talent in the pass rush to pass that many teams.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Lemonier will go in the 1st round or top of the 2nd. No way does he last to late 2nd. Too much talent in the pass rush to pass that many teams.

I'm saying early/mid second. Not sure he sneaks into the first, but this is a weird draft.

Thanks, Tzimisce
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

I'm saying early/mid second. Not sure he sneaks into the first, but this is a weird draft.

Sure is.

I think hes apart of that group, that Ive talked about for months, of the 20-30 players that can go late-1st or mid-2nd. Im getting ready to post my big board in a couple days. You'll see what Im talking about then.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I seriously doubt this. I think he will be available late 2nd to mid third. He is still seen as a tweener IMO. I think we could trade up into the early-mid 3rd and he would still be available.
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:

I seriously doubt this. I think he will be available late 2nd to mid third. He is still seen as a tweener IMO. I think we could trade up into the early-mid 3rd and he would still be available.

Not a chance, IMO. He might be a tweener, but he's gonna go in the second round at the latest. If he lasts till the third round, he probably got caught with a few pounds of sticky or something.

Thanks, Tzimisce
kansas bob

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it but not sure if they will all be there when we draft.
Great job
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
thebestever6

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the pick of Banks in the first round unless Rhodes falls I wouldn't take a corner in round one maybe trufant. Banks had a slow forty time. Am I the only one that would rather get a safety early over a corner? Denver has found hidden gems in Harris and Carter maybe they can find one in round 3. I'd rather draft a guy like Cyprien or Elam who are thumpers. I think our secondary needs a little bit of tenacity these guys would do that. If a guy like Richardson falls from Missouri a quality DT who can rush the passer. Does anyone think we pick him to help replace dooms sack production? He has a relentless motor and I would love to see him Wolfe and Von on 3rd down.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:

Not a chance, IMO. He might be a tweener, but he's gonna go in the second round at the latest. If he lasts till the third round, he probably got caught with a few pounds of sticky or something.

Yeah theres absolutely ZERO chance of him getting past 50 picks. No way is he not a top-50 player in the draft, especially given how pass-happy the NFL is.

I have him as the 3rd best 3-4 OLB and the 7th best 4-3 DE. Given this, I dont see a reason he cant play on this team. This defense is in sub-packages more than its base. Having him as the 3rd pass rusher in the "NASCAR" package would be awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:
I hate the pick of Banks in the first round unless Rhodes falls I wouldn't take a corner in round one maybe trufant. Banks had a slow forty time. Am I the only one that would rather get a safety early over a corner? Denver has found hidden gems in Harris and Carter maybe they can find one in round 3. I'd rather draft a guy like Cyprien or Elam who are thumpers. I think our secondary needs a little bit of tenacity these guys would do that. If a guy like Richardson falls from Missouri a quality DT who can rush the passer. Does anyone think we pick him to help replace dooms sack production? He has a relentless motor and I would love to see him Wolfe and Von on 3rd down.

I dont see the need for a safety. The safeties played well. Once again, I don't care about a 40 time. Banks was lockdown on the best athletes in the country playing in the SEC. I have no doubt he can hang with receivers in the NFL.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I dont see the need for a safety. The safeties played well.

Its more so that we dont have a second Safety of the future. IMO we cant count on Quinton Carter due to his injury and possible felony conviction. Moore is going to be a starter for a long time. Mike Adams is 32 and while his play was far better last season than most let on, he will decline soon. I dont think any of our PS Safeties are talented enough to be future starters. David Bruton is just puke worhy when he plays S. Jim Leonard isnt resigned.

IMO it would be best if we took a CB/S tweener. Someone like Amerson, Cummings, Gratz, etc.
thebestever6

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elwayfan07 wrote:
thebestever6 wrote:

I dont see the need for a safety. The safeties played well. Once again, I don't care about a 40 time. Banks was lock
down on the best athletes in the country playing in the SEC. I have no doubt he can hang with receivers in the NFL.

Adams did play well last year but at any point he can drop off and you don't want your secondary getting weak when that happens. I guess in your scenario if banks does work out at corner we could more champ to safety if Adams dropped off.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
elliot878

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Sure is.

I think hes apart of that group, that Ive talked about for months, of the 20-30 players that can go late-1st or mid-2nd. Im getting ready to post my big board in a couple days. You'll see what Im talking about then.

Agreed. Sounds like 20 thru 55-60 are a wash this year. By this I mean 50 on one teams board could be 22 on another teams board. There are going to be some EPIC freak outs on draft day screaming "reach" or "we got a top 25 player in the middle of the 2nd." Going to be fun to see what end the Broncos will be on.

But when it comes to the first pick, just remember, Fox almost never missed in Carolina. Elway hasn't missed in two tries here.

As for the draft I like doubling up on ends.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:
thebestever6 wrote:

I dont see the need for a safety. The safeties played well. Once again, I don't care about a 40 time. Banks was lock
down on the best athletes in the country playing in the SEC. I have no doubt he can hang with receivers in the NFL.

Adams did play well last year but at any point he can drop off and you don't want your secondary getting weak when that happens. I guess in your scenario if banks does work out at corner we could more champ to safety if Adams dropped off.

Adams played better than most, including myself, have given him credit for, but he's still a player than can be upgraded.

Thanks, Tzimisce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: