Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams4Life 7 Round Mock.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rams4Life523

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Rams4Life 7 Round Mock. Reply with quote

This mock I didn't put all the guys I really want like Patterson/Ogletree/Warmack, but this will do. This is the second mock I've ever done here so some feedback would be much appreciated.

Round 1 Pick #16: Tavon Austin WR

Explanation: The safe pick IMO, even though i like Patterson more, I believe Austin is more refined than Patterson as far as route-running is concerned. We get our replacement for Amendola and would finally have that dynamic WR we've been yearning for.

Round 1 Pick #22: Matt Elam SS

Explanation: I would take Patterson with this pick, but I highly doubt he will make it this far. Bring in this nasty, hard-hitting safety and we will have filled one of two voids at safety. Some people believe that he can't cover very well, but I've seen him hold his own in that department many times. He is a great blitzer, my only problem is that he does the shoulder tackling thing more often than I would like, and he can be a bit too aggressive leaving lanes open. All of those things can be fixed with solid coaching though.

[b]Round 2 Pick #16: Kyle Long OT

Explanation: Would love to have another Long on the team. His lack of experience and stability at a single position on the line concerns me a bit, but with our coaches I think he would find a home at RT when Saffold's contract runs out.

Round 3 Pick #16: Bacarri Rambo FS

Explanation: This would mean that the greatest Ram ever Craig Dahl would be shown the door. From what little film I saw on this kid, he is another hard hitting safety who would fit into the gritty style of defense we like to play. With him and Elam back in the secondary, offenses would be petrified to throw anywhere near them. But like Elam, I've seen him lead with his shoulder to tackle instead of wrapping guys up. That can be drilled out of him by our coaching.

Round 4 Pick #16: Le'Veon Bell RB

Explanation: The big running back to compliment the faster RBs in Pead/Richardson. We get a good player at bargain.

Round 5 Pick #16: Chris Harper WR

Explanation: Though not the most explosive guy I've ever seen, he has reliable hands and good focus. He can make catches away from his body and his route running skills are good and blocking isn't too shabby either.

Round 6 Pick #16: Kwame Geathers DT

Explanation: Geathers was a good rotational DT at Georgia, and I think he would do just as well for us in the pros. He's big and strong, and surprisingly quick off of the snap.

Round 7 Pick #16: Blaize Foltz OG

Explanation: This guy is straight up nasty in the interior. If Harvey Dahl gets hurt again or is released from the team, this guy can probably take his place.
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen one, seen em all. Nice mock.
ramsfan12345

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it. We need to sign a veteran linebacker if the draft happens like that though
Jonezy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorites

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Ignore27Me

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like this mock. Good job.
Rams4Life523

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. I would have added an OLB in the 6th, but I know Fisher likes to rotate guys on the defensive line. I am working on another mock which will have some different guys in there. I will post that a little closer to draft day.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign me up!

Like the Elam love!

St.Louis Rams D-Coordinator FFMD
kmklink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'LL TAKE IT!! Any draft with guy's named Blaize and Rambo has to be kick @$$.........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: