Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vince Young?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Louis Delmas26

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Vince Young? Reply with quote

Vince Young was reportedly very impressive in Texas's pro day today. He appeared to be in the best shape of his entire career.

http://nesn.com/2013/03/reports-vince-young-was-impressive-in-texas-pro-day-passing-display/

I would love to add Vince Young as a #2/3 QB and let him beat out Kellen Moore and if he outperforms Shaun Hill then cut Hill and keep the salary cap to sign another player. I have always been a fan of Young, and he seemed to struggle when his head was somewhere else, but I believe that he is healed and would be a good #2 in the league.

Would you guys take a chance on Vince Young?
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. He's not that good and talks too much.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
Maverick12

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Shaun Hill is 10 times better than Young, and Moore is still developing.

Sig credit: Smack

Team Stylish
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather have Shaun Hill. If Stafford goes down I trust Hill to do a decent fill in job. If Stafford goes down and Vince Young comes in I expect a complete disaster.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather have a baked potato. Vince Young is done.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not even the slightest bit interested.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Vince Young? Reply with quote

Louis Delmas26 wrote:
Vince Young was reportedly very impressive in Texas's pro day today. He appeared to be in the best shape of his entire career.

http://nesn.com/2013/03/reports-vince-young-was-impressive-in-texas-pro-day-passing-display/

I would love to add Vince Young as a #2/3 QB and let him beat out Kellen Moore and if he outperforms Shaun Hill then cut Hill and keep the salary cap to sign another player. I have always been a fan of Young, and he seemed to struggle when his head was somewhere else, but I believe that he is healed and would be a good #2 in the league.

Would you guys take a chance on Vince Young?

If the Lions were satisfied he had his issues dealt with I wouldn't have a problem with him at all.

The Lions have the variety of weapons which I believe would allow Young to be successful.

I have nothing against Hill except the size of his contract. I had hoped the Lions would bring in a different, cheaper backup and trade Hill for a pick and additional cap room.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
detroitroar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outperform Shaun Hill? Impossible.

Honestly not sure he could even beat out Moore, all things considered.

I loved Young coming out and that NC game against USC is to this day maybe the best game in any sport Ive ever seen.

Bottom line is that there is just something extremely lacking in terms of his professionalism.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
Karnage_84

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:
Outperform Shaun Hill? Impossible.

Honestly not sure he could even beat out Moore, all things considered.

I loved Young coming out and that NC game against USC is to this day maybe the best game in any sport Ive ever seen.

Bottom line is that there is just something extremely lacking in terms of his professionalism.

I can't agree anymore with most of this.

I really am not a Kellen Moore fan but not looking to shed a guy just for the sake of it either. Love Hill but the salary is a bit heavy.
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karnage_84 wrote:
Love Hill but the salary is a bit heavy.

I think he's a legitimate cut candidate. He's got a $350K roster bonus this year and they can save that plus his $2.4 million salary by cutting him. I like having him as a backup, but Stafford's started 32 straight games now. He's gotten knicked up a couple of times and Hill has had to come in, but I don't know how much like I paying a player $2.5 million to sit on the bench when we could be putting that money into someone like Brandon Moore or DHB who can actually help us in a non-contingency sense. But Vince Young is just not the answer, and Kellen Moore isn't ready to be a primary backup by any stretch. They'll probably keep Hill simply because he's a proven backup and our offensive line is scary at the moment given we're going to have three new starters.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

detfan782004

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hill salary is high but easily take him over Vince

His pro day doesn't impress me really

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Whiffleballtony

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to Lions to trade Hill for cap relief until I saw what backups were getting in free agency...makes Hill seem like a steal.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whiffleballtony wrote:
I wanted to Lions to trade Hill for cap relief until I saw what backups were getting in free agency...makes Hill seem like a steal.

Yeah . . . we're pretty much down to Brady Quinn and Rex Grossman as the top backups available. If they cut Hill, they better either be happy with Moore as the primary backup, or be prepared to draft one in the 4th or 5th round.

MrDrew wrote:

LionsGM

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really find the emphasis on "great backup Quarterbacks" quite baffling. Aside from a leadership/mentor standpoint, back-up quarterbacks that have no potential to turn into anything other than a back-up are pretty much a waste of cap when they're making what Shaun Hill makes.

I like Shaun Hill, I think he's an average QB and keeps us competitive, but he doesn't win us any games. He's not going to take the Lions to playoffs, and he's not going to make a miraculous play to change the course of a game, ever. Why waste $3m+ on a back-up that doesn't provide anything besides be nuetral. At least when you draft a QB in the mid rounds, you can groom him to become something and there's sort of an aura of "untapped potential" and if he produces in limited playing time, you can trade him or equal or more value.

If we truly do draft BPA, I don't see any reason why Kirk Cousins wasn't our selection in the 3rd round last year. He had a 2nd round grade from me and lasted way too long, and he'll soon be traded for at least a 2nd round pick or better.

Draft a Quarterback, OR sign a free agent for the league minimum. Use that $3m you saved on an OT or CB. Oh, just as long as he's not Vince Young.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No... just... no.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: