Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Any excuse why the Falcons dont make a Super Bowl this year
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Swift924


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 885
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Any excuse why the Falcons dont make a Super Bowl this year Reply with quote

Ryan entering his 6th season and in prime

Falcons tasted playoff success last season

Tony G is back one more season

Falcons upgraded running back .

Osi is set to sign with Falcons to take for cut of Abe


Is there any excuse why this team shouldnt be in Super Bowl next season with a full draft picks and revamped running game. Nolan to help mold some of his players and choose some in draft?

Outside Ryan injury there should be no excuse why this team doesnt make it to Super Bowl unless they are just not good enough
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShockdAtFalcons


Joined: 15 Dec 2008
Posts: 890
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please explain the point of this thread
_________________
formerly MadAtFalcons

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BeeperKing


Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 3977
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Any excuse why the Falcons dont make a Super Bowl this Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
Ryan entering his 6th season and in prime

Falcons tasted playoff success last season

Tony G is back one more season

Falcons upgraded running back .

Osi is set to sign with Falcons to take for cut of Abe


Is there any excuse why this team shouldnt be in Super Bowl next season with a full draft picks and revamped running game. Nolan to help mold some of his players and choose some in draft?

Outside Ryan injury there should be no excuse why this team doesnt make it to Super Bowl unless they are just not good enough


This is about the most blatant trolling I've ever seen. I love this team, and would love to see them in the Super Bowl, but stuff happens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShockdAtFalcons


Joined: 15 Dec 2008
Posts: 890
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do realize Seattle, San Fran, Denver, or any number of other teams could make the same case.

Just because we have a great team on paper (minus Question at C/RG and DE/NT and CB) doesn't mean we have no excuse not to win it all. The dream team in philly completely collapsed when they were supposed to be guaranteed a trip to the big game.

I dont know why I'm even responding to this, your logic is so narrow minded and only meant to instigate people it really doesnt merit a response. Congrats though, youve managed to provoke one from me
_________________
formerly MadAtFalcons

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Swift924


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 885
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
please explain the point of this thread


That this is the year to make this run and no excuse should be tolerated before the window is closed. This should be our year barring injury. Unless we are not good enough team and then some major retooling needs to be done and then you have to question would it be smart to pay Ryan 20 million
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Swift924


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 885
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Any excuse why the Falcons dont make a Super Bowl this Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
Ryan entering his 6th season and in prime

Falcons tasted playoff success last season

Tony G is back one more season

Falcons upgraded running back .

Osi is set to sign with Falcons to take for cut of Abe


Is there any excuse why this team shouldnt be in Super Bowl next season with a full draft picks and revamped running game. Nolan to help mold some of his players and choose some in draft?

Outside Ryan injury there should be no excuse why this team doesnt make it to Super Bowl unless they are just not good enough




This is about the most blatant trolling I've ever seen. I love this team, and would love to see them in the Super Bowl, but stuff happens.



I think this is some of the loser mentality out base is stuck with. Settling for regular season success or " 10 yards away" As fan we should demand better .
There shouldn't be excuse why Falcons don't make a Super Bowl this season barring a major injury to Ryan or Roddy/ Julio


This team needs to step up and prove it's worth . Prove they can be a team that holds a Lombardi and stops making excuses or reasons why .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hotlanta12


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 5175
Location: Right behind you.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree this should be our year. But stuff does happen. I don understand why some of the other posters are attacking the op right off the bat but I agree there shouldn't be any excuses this year. We have the personnel in place
_________________

Clowney, Mack, Robinson, Matthews, or Barr to Atlanta in 2014!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Swift924


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 885
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotlanta12 wrote:
I agree this should be our year. But stuff does happen. I don understand why some of the other posters are attacking the op right off the bat but I agree there shouldn't be any excuses this year. We have the personnel in place


Thank you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 5792
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotlanta12 wrote:
I agree this should be our year. But stuff does happen. I don understand why some of the other posters are attacking the op right off the bat but I agree there shouldn't be any excuses this year. We have the personnel in place


Really we dont, our defense isnt that good. As long as Ryan is around and still relatively young, we'll contend but this isnt "the year". Not even close.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Swift924


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 885
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Hotlanta12 wrote:
I agree this should be our year. But stuff does happen. I don understand why some of the other posters are attacking the op right off the bat but I agree there shouldn't be any excuses this year. We have the personnel in place


Really we dont, our defense isnt that good. As long as Ryan is around and still relatively young, we'll contend but this isnt "the year". Not even close.


why isn't our defense not good ? We finished top 5 in points allowed We're about to sign Osi and Nolan and TD got a full draft. You don't have confidence in them?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 5792
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Hotlanta12 wrote:
I agree this should be our year. But stuff does happen. I don understand why some of the other posters are attacking the op right off the bat but I agree there shouldn't be any excuses this year. We have the personnel in place


Really we dont, our defense isnt that good. As long as Ryan is around and still relatively young, we'll contend but this isnt "the year". Not even close.


why isn't our defense not good ? We finished top 5 in points allowed We're about to sign Osi and Nolan and TD got a full draft. You don't have confidence in them?


No I dont. We ranked almost dead last in run d, ypg and 3rd down defense. Our offense made teams one dimensional more often than not and we thrived on getting turnovers. Its not a recipe for long term success. We have a few good starters on d and a bunch of others guys who are just good enough to start. If we draft right, our team will be much scarier in 2-3 years than it is now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Swift924


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 885
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Hotlanta12 wrote:
I agree this should be our year. But stuff does happen. I don understand why some of the other posters are attacking the op right off the bat but I agree there shouldn't be any excuses this year. We have the personnel in place


Really we dont, our defense isnt that good. As long as Ryan is around and still relatively young, we'll contend but this isnt "the year". Not even close.


why isn't our defense not good ? We finished top 5 in points allowed We're about to sign Osi and Nolan and TD got a full draft. You don't have confidence in them?


No I dont. We ranked almost dead last in run d, ypg and 3rd down defense. Our offense made teams one dimensional more often than not and we thrived on getting turnovers. Its not a recipe for long term success. We have a few good starters on d and a bunch of others guys who are just good enough to start. If we draft right, our team will be much scarier in 2-3 years than it is now.


Thats fair but I think we will be less scarier in couple of seasons when we will be smacked in middle of Ryan cap hits.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Willthethrill_H


Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Posts: 641
Location: Birmingham, AL
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Any excuse why the Falcons dont make a Super Bowl this Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
Ryan entering his 6th season and in prime

Falcons tasted playoff success last season

Tony G is back one more season

Falcons upgraded running back .

Osi is set to sign with Falcons to take for cut of Abe


Is there any excuse why this team shouldnt be in Super Bowl next season with a full draft picks and revamped running game. Nolan to help mold some of his players and choose some in draft?

Outside Ryan injury there should be no excuse why this team doesnt make it to Super Bowl unless they are just not good enough




This is about the most blatant trolling I've ever seen. I love this team, and would love to see them in the Super Bowl, but stuff happens.



I think this is some of the loser mentality out base is stuck with. Settling for regular season success or " 10 yards away" As fan we should demand better .
There shouldn't be excuse why Falcons don't make a Super Bowl this season barring a major injury to Ryan or Roddy/ Julio


This team needs to step up and prove it's worth . Prove they can be a team that holds a Lombardi and stops making excuses or reasons why .

I understand your frustration, but would you rather make the playoffs 9 out of 10 years and win 1 Superbowl with a stable team left to continue to win off of, or would you rather have the situation the Giants are in. Lose almost half your games each year, but go on a run twice, and when it's all said and done, have a mess of a franchise as they're in now?

The only teams as a fan you can EXPECT to win the championship in any sport at the moment are the Miami Heat, the Alabama Crimson Tide, and Red Bull Renalt Racing in Formula One. Anyone else needs to be happy with a chance to play for a title.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J Pep 4 Step


Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 29454
Location: Greenvillain, NC
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Any excuse why the Falcons dont make a Super Bowl this Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
Ryan entering his 6th season and in prime

Falcons tasted playoff success last season

Tony G is back one more season

Falcons upgraded running back .

Osi is set to sign with Falcons to take for cut of Abe


Is there any excuse why this team shouldnt be in Super Bowl next season with a full draft picks and revamped running game. Nolan to help mold some of his players and choose some in draft?

Outside Ryan injury there should be no excuse why this team doesnt make it to Super Bowl unless they are just not good enough


Maybe if other teams in the stacked NFC are better teams?

Maybe if Ryan turns the ball over too much in the post season again?

Maybe if the running game disappears in the post season again?

Maybe if the defense gets slapped around in the post season again?
_________________

CK on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swoosh


Joined: 03 Dec 2010
Posts: 9746
Location: europe
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer your tittle question, yes. Only one team wins the Super Bowl; there is more than one good NFL team. Simple as that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group