Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns should get Tim Tebow to compete with Weeden!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LAURINAITIS33


Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Posts: 2373
Location: Marietta,Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Browns should get Tim Tebow to compete with Weeden!!! Reply with quote

This will probably get thrashed beyond belief but I firmly believe Tim Tebow would be the answer at QB for the Browns.

Reason 1#

Here in Cleveland, the city will quickly fall in love with him and actually give the city it's biggest star since LeBron left town and probably the biggest Brown star since Bernie Kosar. The whole Browns franchise will be revitalized by the signing. The Browns will get more air time on ESPN, sell more jersey and give Browns fans something to get excited about or at least something to talk about other then rebuilding.


Reason 2#


He's a winner. He has the "it" factor that a handful of QBs have. He's a leader and will do anything it takes to win. I rather have a player that lays it all out on the field and is a warrior. Also he beat the Steelers in the playoffs which is an added bonus.

Reason 3#


The coaching staff is perfect for him. There isn't a better QB coach in the game then Norv Turner and if Norv can't help him nobody can. A few months under Norv will either improve Tebow enough to make him a solid passer or show the rest of the league he doesn't belong once and for all. Also Chud has plays in his playbook for a running QB from his days in Carolina. He has showed that he has no problem playing to this QB's strength instead of being stubborn.


Reason 4#


It's a cheap chance. Tebow won't cost a lot if he is released or cost a lot to trade for him. He would easily make up in money what we spend on him in merchandise sales anyway. So it's almost no risk for the Browns really. The only risk would be Weeden but it's not like he won't have the chance to beat him out so if he isn't the starter it's his own fault. We can use more money and picks to build the defense instead of a new QB which will only make the team stronger.


Reason 5#


The Browns roster fits him. We have a good line, a potential beast at RB in Richardson, a solid possession receiver in Little and two deep threats in Gordon and Benjamin. Tebow and Richardson should be great in a read option plays and Tebow does throw a good deep ball for Gordon and Benjamin. Little could be his new Eric Decker who Tebow relied on in Denver.


That's my reasons...so let the bashing begin.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bosko1616


Joined: 22 Oct 2010
Posts: 1766
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no response but ... Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall d'oh!
God no. Probably one of the worst QBs I've ever seen. He is a glorified FB trying to play QB. His mechanics are beyond terrible. Honestly I'd take a Jamarcus russel over him. And I hate Russel. I respect Tebow as a person but he's a terrible QB. And he's a circus. No thank you.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alex123Smith123


Joined: 18 Mar 2013
Posts: 6
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that. NO WAY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zelbell


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 8012
Location: Columbus
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my response to the idea of signing Tebow


_________________

Adopt a Brown: Josh Gordon
2014 Stats: stay tuned?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LAURINAITIS33


Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Posts: 2373
Location: Marietta,Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosko1616 wrote:
I have no response but ... Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall d'oh!
God no. Probably one of the worst QBs I've ever seen. He is a glorified FB trying to play QB. His mechanics are beyond terrible. Honestly I'd take a Jamarcus russel over him. And I hate Russel. I respect Tebow as a person but he's a terrible QB. And he's a circus. No thank you.


So you are telling me in a 4th quarter situation, come from behind or even in a must win game, you would rather have JaMarcus Russell over Tim Tebow? Which makes no sense at all.

The reason Tebow is a circus is because in the end he wins and the last time I checked it's what matters the most. In the end he was the better choice then Orton and he proved it on the field leading the Broncos to the play offs. Last year the Jets messed up by trading for him and then not playing him causing the circus as Sanchez self destructed. If Tebow is the starter there isn't anything negative about the attention he gets.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20660
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GO





























AWAY
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LAURINAITIS33


Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Posts: 2373
Location: Marietta,Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who is a better option? And why?

Brandon Weeden?

Weeden has a higher complete percentage but a lot more interceptions and the same amount of touchdowns and no running threat at all so on the field in one year of starting I give the edge to Tebow

He has potential but so does Tebow, so that's a wash plus Tebow is four years younger. You can argue that Tebow has had more time in the NFL but not really since last year was more less a wash for him in term of his progress because of the coaching and after his first year in Denver, Elway came in and didn't want him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bosko1616


Joined: 22 Oct 2010
Posts: 1766
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LAURINAITIS33 wrote:
bosko1616 wrote:
I have no response but ... Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall d'oh!
God no. Probably one of the worst QBs I've ever seen. He is a glorified FB trying to play QB. His mechanics are beyond terrible. Honestly I'd take a Jamarcus russel over him. And I hate Russel. I respect Tebow as a person but he's a terrible QB. And he's a circus. No thank you.


So you are telling me in a 4th quarter situation, come from behind or even in a must win game, you would rather have JaMarcus Russell over Tim Tebow? Which makes no sense at all.

The reason Tebow is a circus is because in the end he wins and the last time I checked it's what matters the most. In the end he was the better choice then Orton and he proved it on the field leading the Broncos to the play offs. Last year the Jets messed up by trading for him and then not playing him causing the circus as Sanchez self destructed. If Tebow is the starter there isn't anything negative about the attention he gets.


I like russel much more then Tebow as far as potential as QB goes. Now if Tebow would come here to play FB then that's a different story. If you look back at all his " game winning drives" it wasn't Tebow that won the games. It was the players like Thomas vs the steelers that won them. Tebow just got the credit because he was the QB at that time. Thomas blew the doors of the corners of the steelers not Tebow. Tebows mechanics are the worst I've seen. In a division were he would face the ravens, steelers, an bengals twice his sty of play would put him in a wheelchair by week 8. Like I said Tebow as a person I like him but as QB I wouldn't touch him with a 12 foot pole.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Productiondawg


Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Posts: 409
Location: Cincinnati
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LAURINAITIS33 wrote:
bosko1616 wrote:
I have no response but ... Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall d'oh!
God no. Probably one of the worst QBs I've ever seen. He is a glorified FB trying to play QB. His mechanics are beyond terrible. Honestly I'd take a Jamarcus russel over him. And I hate Russel. I respect Tebow as a person but he's a terrible QB. And he's a circus. No thank you.


So you are telling me in a 4th quarter situation, come from behind or even in a must win game, you would rather have JaMarcus Russell over Tim Tebow? Which makes no sense at all.

The reason Tebow is a circus is because in the end he wins and the last time I checked it's what matters the most. In the end he was the better choice then Orton and he proved it on the field leading the Broncos to the play offs. Last year the Jets messed up by trading for him and then not playing him causing the circus as Sanchez self destructed. If Tebow is the starter there isn't anything negative about the attention he gets.


Are you talking about the 4th quarters where there were onside kicks, poor clock management, prevent defenses, and running backs inexplicably running out of bounds?

If you are a third stringer on a team where Mark Sanchez is the starter than really, how good are you? Tebow has no place in the NFL. His next team will be in Canada or in an arena.

Mods can we make a thread to consolidate cut/garbage QBs so every time someone awful gets cut or put on the trade block we don't have to have threads called Tim Tebow or Carson Plamer? We better do it quick before the Pat White and Vince Young threads start popping up.
_________________
"If you can't stand the neural activity, than stay out of the neural activator" -Professor Fink  

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LAURINAITIS33


Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Posts: 2373
Location: Marietta,Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Tebow played to his teams strengths which was the running game and a good defense. He didn't take risks or needed too on his team. He kept games close and then came up with the play somehow to win the game. He didn't win games himself nor did he lose games by himself. Am I saying Tebow is a franchise QB by himself or the savior of the Browns franchise, I'm not. I am saying Tebow can succeed at QB with weapons around him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12236
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IS THIS THREAD FÍNG SERIOUS........ TIM TEBOW........ REALLY YOU MUST HAVE LOST YOUR GD MIND........ NO CLEVELAND WILL NOT FALL IN LOVE WITH HIM YOU KNOW WHY BECAUSE WE ARE TIRED OF HAVING AWFUL QUARTERBACKS, PEOPLE WANNA RAG ON WEEDEN ? WELL TIM TEBOW MAKES WEEDEN LOOK LIKE FÍNG AARON RODGERS TOM BRADY AND PEYTON MANNING COMBINED FOR A SUPER QB...... IS THIS HONESTLY A SERIOUS THREAD OR ARE PEOPLE JUST COME TO SCREW WITH US? I AM SO GD TIRED OF HEARING TIM TEBOW IS A WINNER HE HAS AN 8-6 CAREER RECORD..... THE BRONCOS HAD ONE OF THE TOP DEFENSES AND RUSHING ATTACKS IN THE NFL WITH HIM IN AT QB I AM SURE THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM WINNING IT WAS ALL TIMMY, TIM TEBOW IS ONE OF IF NOT THE WORST FUNDAMENTALLY SOUND QB'S I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY 27 YEARS OF LIFE. 16,13,10,2,9,9,10 AND 21 DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THOSE #'S ARE.... THOSE ARE HIS COMPLETIONS IN THOSE 8 WINS, THIS ARE F ING TERRIBLE . HOLY HELL I WAS HAVING A GOOD DAY TODAY TOO AND I COME IN HERE AND READ THIS....... GOOD LORD I WOULD RATHER WALK OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF TRAFFIC THAN WATCH TIM TEBOW TAKE ONE SNAP UNDER CENTER FOR THE BROWNS THIS GETS MY VOTE FOR THE DUMBEST THREAD OF THE YEAR.... AND WE HAVE HAD SOME DOOZIES IN HERE
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient


TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bosko1616


Joined: 22 Oct 2010
Posts: 1766
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
IS THIS THREAD FÍNG SERIOUS........ TIM TEBOW........ REALLY YOU MUST HAVE LOST YOUR GD MIND........ NO CLEVELAND WILL NOT FALL IN LOVE WITH HIM YOU KNOW WHY BECAUSE WE ARE TIRED OF HAVING AWFUL QUARTERBACKS, PEOPLE WANNA RAG ON WEEDEN ? WELL TIM TEBOW MAKES WEEDEN LOOK LIKE FÍNG AARON RODGERS TOM BRADY AND PEYTON MANNING COMBINED FOR A SUPER QB...... IS THIS HONESTLY A SERIOUS THREAD OR ARE PEOPLE JUST COME TO SCREW WITH US? I AM SO GD TIRED OF HEARING TIM TEBOW IS A WINNER HE HAS AN 8-6 CAREER RECORD..... THE BRONCOS HAD ONE OF THE TOP DEFENSES AND RUSHING ATTACKS IN THE NFL WITH HIM IN AT QB I AM SURE THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM WINNING IT WAS ALL TIMMY, TIM TEBOW IS ONE OF IF NOT THE WORST FUNDAMENTALLY SOUND QB'S I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY 27 YEARS OF LIFE. 16,13,10,2,9,9,10 AND 21 DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THOSE #'S ARE.... THOSE ARE HIS COMPLETIONS IN THOSE 8 WINS, THIS ARE F ING TERRIBLE . HOLY HELL I WAS HAVING A GOOD DAY TODAY TOO AND I COME IN HERE AND READ THIS....... GOOD LORD I WOULD RATHER WALK OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF TRAFFIC THAN WATCH TIM TEBOW TAKE ONE SNAP UNDER CENTER FOR THE BROWNS THIS GETS MY VOTE FOR THE DUMBEST THREAD OF THE YEAR.... AND WE HAVE HAD SOME DOOZIES IN HERE


The Goat of Tim Tebow rants ! Lol
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fsubrowns9510


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 13345
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Dawgpoun8017"]IS THIS THREAD FÍNG SERIOUS........ TIM TEBOW........ REALLY YOU MUST HAVE LOST YOUR GD MIND........ NO CLEVELAND WILL NOT FALL IN LOVE WITH HIM YOU KNOW WHY BECAUSE WE ARE TIRED OF HAVING AWFUL QUARTERBACKS, PEOPLE WANNA RAG ON WEEDEN ? WELL TIM TEBOW MAKES WEEDEN LOOK LIKE FÍNG AARON RODGERS TOM BRADY AND PEYTON MANNING COMBINED FOR A SUPER QB...... IS THIS HONESTLY A SERIOUS THREAD OR ARE PEOPLE JUST COME TO SCREW WITH US? I AM SO GD TIRED OF HEARING TIM TEBOW IS A WINNER HE HAS AN 8-6 CAREER RECORD..... THE BRONCOS HAD ONE OF THE TOP DEFENSES AND RUSHING ATTACKS IN THE NFL WITH HIM IN AT QB I AM SURE THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM WINNING IT WAS ALL TIMMY, TIM TEBOW IS ONE OF IF NOT THE WORST FUNDAMENTALLY SOUND QB'S I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY 27 YEARS OF LIFE. 16,13,10,2,9,9,10 AND 21 DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THOSE #'S ARE.... THOSE ARE HIS COMPLETIONS IN THOSE 8 WINS, THIS ARE F ING TERRIBLE . HOLY HELL I WAS HAVING A GOOD DAY TODAY TOO AND I COME IN HERE AND READ THIS....... GOOD LORD I WOULD RATHER WALK OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF TRAFFIC THAN WATCH TIM TEBOW TAKE ONE SNAP UNDER CENTER FOR THE BROWNS THIS GETS MY VOTE FOR THE DUMBEST THREAD OF THE YEAR.... AND WE HAVE HAD SOME DOOZIES IN HERE[/quote

Man.

Tell your girl to get under the sheets some more.

] Laughing
_________________


Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Productiondawg


Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Posts: 409
Location: Cincinnati
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a mildly deserved rant by DP.

I definitely agree with him about one point mentioned. Cleveland fans would hate Tebow. As it is the QB position is one of the critized in all if sports. If you put a with Tebow's skill sets in that position he'll be hated and run out of town. If you think we'll love this guy you have seriously misjudged this fan base.
_________________
"If you can't stand the neural activity, than stay out of the neural activator" -Professor Fink  

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it...... Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group