You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns should get Tim Tebow to compete with Weeden!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
ummmm considering the fact that Weeden threw for almost 1000 more yards in his rookie year than Tebow has in his entire career im gonna go ahead and disregard you saying Tebow is better than Weeden oh yea and there is the fact that Tim Tebow couldnt even beat this out to play QB]

Some points on the other side of the coin....

Tebow took his team to the playoffs... Something the browns have rarely done in last two decades. Tebow beat the Steelers in the playoffs... That is something no browns QB has ever done. Also a team led by Big Ben.... Someone the browns have only beat once/twice since he came into the league.

I question people who only focus on one side of an issue and ignore the rest. Seems rather biased to me.

Bulls%$*& Despite Tim Tebow being nonexistent for 3 and 3/4 of the game that defense held their opponents within range for him to have his "Miraculious drives" if denver had even a competent QB they would have been blowing teams out. Tim tebow had one good play in that playoff game, he caight the pitt defense entirely out of place and hit Demaryious Thomas on a crossing pattern in which he did most of the work running it down the field. [inappropriate/removed]!!!

So tebow's one good day, or one good pass, or one good Whatever.... Are till better than any browns QB has managed to do in similar situations.

So as much as you think Tebow is horrid, tell us how you feel about the browns QBs?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
ummmm considering the fact that Weeden threw for almost 1000 more yards in his rookie year than Tebow has in his entire career im gonna go ahead and disregard you saying Tebow is better than Weeden oh yea and there is the fact that Tim Tebow couldnt even beat this out to play QB]

Tebow took his team to the playoffs... Something the browns have rarely done in last two decades. Tebow beat the Steelers in the playoffs... That is something no browns QB has ever done. Also a team led by Big Ben.... Someone the browns have only beat once/twice since he came into the league.

I question people who only focus on one side of an issue and ignore the rest. Seems rather biased to me.

Bulls%$*& Despite Tim Tebow being nonexistent for 3 and 3/4 of the game that defense held their opponents within range for him to have his "Miraculious drives" if denver had even a competent QB they would have been blowing teams out. Tim tebow had one good play in that playoff game, he caight the pitt defense entirely out of place and hit Demaryious Thomas on a crossing pattern in which he did most of the work running it down the field. [inappropriate/removed]!!!

So tebow's one good day, or one good pass, or one good Whatever.... Are till better than any browns QB has managed to do in similar situations.

So as much as you think Tebow is horrid, tell us how you feel about the browns QBs?

I would rather any of the QB on this team play over Tim Tebow.... I would rather have the guy who has thrown for more yards in 1 season than he has in his whole GD career play QB for us..... A quarterback needs to be able to throw the ball, probably the worst facet to Tebows game
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Tebow would bring a negative circus to town. His celebrity is far bigger than his skill. Then, if he loses the QB competition, this team would have to face to media circus surrounding their back up QB. Did you see how that situation worked out in NY? Even if Tebow could compete toe to toe with Weeden, because of the situation that Tebow brings when he is on a football team, there's no way I'd consider bring him in.

Add in the fact that he is a poor man's Cam Newton and our current HC didn't have as much success with the real Cam Newton, and you can see why this seems like an illogical move.
LAURINAITIS33

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Browns wins though Weeden didn't throw the ball. He threw for 239, 129,158,217 and one big game of 364 where we only scored 20 points. You throw in Tebow's rushing and he puts up those kind of yards total except the one big game.

It's also NY where its always a circus, the same city where Tom Coughlin is on the chopping block between Super Bowl wins. It wasn't a circus in Denver until the end because Elway didn't want him. It was a in the news because Tebow was winning despite everything.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LAURINAITIS33 wrote:
In the Browns wins though Weeden didn't throw the ball. He threw for 239, 129,158,217 and one big game of 364 where we only scored 20 points. You throw in Tebow's rushing and he puts up those kind of yards total except the one big game.

It's also NY where its always a circus, the same city where Tom Coughlin is on the chopping block between Super Bowl wins. It wasn't a circus in Denver until the end because Elway didn't want him. It was a in the news because Tebow was winning despite everything.

tell ya what we will sign Tebow and then you trade us Peyton Manning for him straight up
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LAURINAITIS33 wrote:
The truth is that Cleveland's defense was statistically about the same of Denver's defense.

Denver gave up 355 yds per game and 24.4 points per game

Cleveland gave up 363 yds per game and 23.0 points per game

Plus Cleveland had 11 more takeaways

In how many of 7 losses by 10 points or less last year would Tebow have pulled out?

When Tim "3 and out" Tebow is your QB your defenses numbers aren't going to look as good as they really are. I'm willing to bet that their 355 yards per game came with more defensive snaps than most teams.

As far as us losing 7 games by 10 or less points, if Tebow was our QB that stat would be different. I'll say he'd pull out one as a win, and lose the other 6 by more than 10 points. Also, a few of our wins would now be losses, maybe by within 10 points.

He would be bad for us. I would love to see him replace Rothlisberger in Pittsburgh though, if that tells you anything.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

I would rather any of the QB on this team play over Tim Tebow.... I would rather have the guy who has thrown for more yards in 1 season than he has in his whole GD career play QB for us..... A quarterback needs to be able to throw the ball, probably the worst facet to Tebows game

I agree.... However, You have to acknowledge the successes that Tebow has had, as well as his failures. Otherwise you sound like a crazy fan on an Internet site. Personally, I see Tebow as a #3 QB option. Not much more. He has shown sparks of greatness, but seems to need quite a bit of work and support if he will ever grow into an nfl role.

Is he worth signing? Most likely not. But imagine the crazy rants around here. Lol. The roof would be on fire! Lol.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

tell ya what we will sign Tebow and then you trade us Peyton Manning for him straight up

I am a Browns fan not a Broncos fan. I'm not insane enough to say Tebow is better then Manning. Weeden yes, Manning no.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LAURINAITIS33 wrote:
Quote:

I am a Browns fan not a Broncos fan. I'm insane enough to say Tebow is better then Manning. Weeden yes, Manning no.

Is Tebow better than Colt?

Is Colt better than Weeden?

Is Brady Quinn better than Weeden?

Just trying to guage where you are coming from.
LAURINAITIS33

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
LAURINAITIS33 wrote:
Quote:

I am a Browns fan not a Broncos fan. I'm insane enough to say Tebow is better then Manning. Weeden yes, Manning no.

Tebow better then Weeden

Tebow better then Quinn

Tebow better then Colt

Weeden better then Colt

Weeden better then Quinn

Quinn better then Colt

I believe that is all of the scenarios Smile
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am effing speechless
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LAURINAITIS33 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
LAURINAITIS33 wrote:
Quote:

Tebow better then Weeden

Tebow better then Quinn

Tebow better then Colt

Weeden better then Colt

Weeden better then Quinn

Quinn better then Colt

I believe that is all of the scenarios Smile

Okay you're fine, no need to see the men in the white jackets. Laughing

I personally believe Colt is better than Quinn, but who cares about either of them besides being pawns in my little game.

I think you just have a lot more respect for Tebow's game than the masses do. I'm not a fan of his game, partly because of his arm and partly because of his QB I.Q.

He is gutty and gritty and I have rooted for him as a pro.

Tebow also fumbles a lot, gets sacked too often and completes an embarrassing percentage of his throws. Other than that, I like him.
LAURINAITIS33

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When Tim "3 and out" Tebow is your QB your defenses numbers aren't going to look as good as they really are. I'm willing to bet that their 355 yards per game came with more defensive snaps than most teams.

Denver actually ran more plays in 2011 then Cleveland in 2012, so I would guess their defense wasn't on the field very much longer then Cleveland's.
Quote:

As far as us losing 7 games by 10 or less points, if Tebow was our QB
that stat would be different. I'll say he'd pull out one as a win, and lose the other 6 by more than 10 points. Also, a few of our wins would now be losses, maybe by within 10 points.

Tebow has lost 3 games by more then 10 points..two of them to New England and there isn't no shame in that. Many of QBs have been beat by 10 points or more by Brady and the Pats.
LAURINAITIS33

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the end Tim Tebow is this generation's Doug Flutie. He will never be respected because he isn't the prototype NFL QB. He will always be replaced by someone better. People are crazy for rooting for him. But in the end he wins and in the end he won't get a team that will really believe in him and give him a full time job.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LAURINAITIS33 wrote:
In the end Tim Tebow is this generation's Doug Flutie. He will never be respected because he isn't the prototype NFL QB. He will always be replaced by someone better. People are crazy for rooting for him. But in the end he wins and in the end he won't get a team that will really believe in him and give him a full time job.

dear god do not disrespect doug flutie like that

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: