You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns should get Tim Tebow to compete with Weeden!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="fsubrowns9510"]
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
IS THIS THREAD FÍNG SERIOUS........ TIM TEBOW........ REALLY YOU MUST HAVE LOST YOUR GD MIND........ NO CLEVELAND WILL NOT FALL IN LOVE WITH HIM YOU KNOW WHY BECAUSE WE ARE TIRED OF HAVING AWFUL QUARTERBACKS, PEOPLE WANNA RAG ON WEEDEN ? WELL TIM TEBOW MAKES WEEDEN LOOK LIKE FÍNG AARON RODGERS TOM BRADY AND PEYTON MANNING COMBINED FOR A SUPER QB...... IS THIS HONESTLY A SERIOUS THREAD OR ARE PEOPLE JUST COME TO SCREW WITH US? I AM SO GD TIRED OF HEARING TIM TEBOW IS A WINNER HE HAS AN 8-6 CAREER RECORD..... THE BRONCOS HAD ONE OF THE TOP DEFENSES AND RUSHING ATTACKS IN THE NFL WITH HIM IN AT QB I AM SURE THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM WINNING IT WAS ALL TIMMY, TIM TEBOW IS ONE OF IF NOT THE WORST FUNDAMENTALLY SOUND QB'S I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY 27 YEARS OF LIFE. 16,13,10,2,9,9,10 AND 21 DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THOSE #'S ARE.... THOSE ARE HIS COMPLETIONS IN THOSE 8 WINS, THIS ARE F ING TERRIBLE . HOLY HELL I WAS HAVING A GOOD DAY TODAY TOO AND I COME IN HERE AND READ THIS....... GOOD LORD I WOULD RATHER WALK OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF TRAFFIC THAN WATCH TIM TEBOW TAKE ONE SNAP UNDER CENTER FOR THE BROWNS THIS GETS MY VOTE FOR THE DUMBEST THREAD OF THE YEAR.... AND WE HAVE HAD SOME DOOZIES IN HERE[/quote

Man.

Tell your girl to get under the sheets some more.

] Laughing

Idk if there is enough sheet time to make me forget about tim teblow
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me put it this way I would take Derek Anderson back here before I brought Tim Tebow in
zelbell

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Let me put it this way I would take Derek Anderson back here before I brought Tim Tebow in

at least he would fit our offense.....Tebow's accuracy is suspect as it is

do you really want him throwing the ball deep down the field all the time?

i dont

2016 Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
JammerHammer21 wrote:
(It's impossible to deny how good OSU has been Laughing)

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
This is better then the circus
LAURINAITIS33

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
IS THIS THREAD FÍNG SERIOUS........ TIM TEBOW........ REALLY YOU MUST HAVE LOST YOUR GD MIND........ NO CLEVELAND WILL NOT FALL IN LOVE WITH HIM YOU KNOW WHY BECAUSE WE ARE TIRED OF HAVING AWFUL QUARTERBACKS, PEOPLE WANNA RAG ON WEEDEN ? WELL TIM TEBOW MAKES WEEDEN LOOK LIKE FÍNG AARON RODGERS TOM BRADY AND PEYTON MANNING COMBINED FOR A SUPER QB...... IS THIS HONESTLY A SERIOUS THREAD OR ARE PEOPLE JUST COME TO SCREW WITH US? I AM SO GD TIRED OF HEARING TIM TEBOW IS A WINNER HE HAS AN 8-6 CAREER RECORD..... THE BRONCOS HAD ONE OF THE TOP DEFENSES AND RUSHING ATTACKS IN THE NFL WITH HIM IN AT QB I AM SURE THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM WINNING IT WAS ALL TIMMY, TIM TEBOW IS ONE OF IF NOT THE WORST FUNDAMENTALLY SOUND QB'S I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY 27 YEARS OF LIFE. 16,13,10,2,9,9,10 AND 21 DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THOSE #'S ARE.... THOSE ARE HIS COMPLETIONS IN THOSE 8 WINS, THIS ARE F ING TERRIBLE . HOLY HELL I WAS HAVING A GOOD DAY TODAY TOO AND I COME IN HERE AND READ THIS....... GOOD LORD I WOULD RATHER WALK OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF TRAFFIC THAN WATCH TIM TEBOW TAKE ONE SNAP UNDER CENTER FOR THE BROWNS THIS GETS MY VOTE FOR THE DUMBEST THREAD OF THE YEAR.... AND WE HAVE HAD SOME DOOZIES IN HERE

What was Kyle Orton's record with that top defensive and rushing attack?

And half of his completions that year came in the fourth quarter when the Broncos asked him to do something and he came through. Half his yearly yards came in the 4th quarter when the Broncos needed him to pass. He played with what the coaches asked him to do, keep it close, rely on the running game and defense and come up with plays in the 4th quarter.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LAURINAITIS33 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
IS THIS THREAD FÍNG SERIOUS........ TIM TEBOW........ REALLY YOU MUST HAVE LOST YOUR GD MIND........ NO CLEVELAND WILL NOT FALL IN LOVE WITH HIM YOU KNOW WHY BECAUSE WE ARE TIRED OF HAVING AWFUL QUARTERBACKS, PEOPLE WANNA RAG ON WEEDEN ? WELL TIM TEBOW MAKES WEEDEN LOOK LIKE FÍNG AARON RODGERS TOM BRADY AND PEYTON MANNING COMBINED FOR A SUPER QB...... IS THIS HONESTLY A SERIOUS THREAD OR ARE PEOPLE JUST COME TO SCREW WITH US? I AM SO GD TIRED OF HEARING TIM TEBOW IS A WINNER HE HAS AN 8-6 CAREER RECORD..... THE BRONCOS HAD ONE OF THE TOP DEFENSES AND RUSHING ATTACKS IN THE NFL WITH HIM IN AT QB I AM SURE THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM WINNING IT WAS ALL TIMMY, TIM TEBOW IS ONE OF IF NOT THE WORST FUNDAMENTALLY SOUND QB'S I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY 27 YEARS OF LIFE. 16,13,10,2,9,9,10 AND 21 DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THOSE #'S ARE.... THOSE ARE HIS COMPLETIONS IN THOSE 8 WINS, THIS ARE F ING TERRIBLE . HOLY HELL I WAS HAVING A GOOD DAY TODAY TOO AND I COME IN HERE AND READ THIS....... GOOD LORD I WOULD RATHER WALK OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF TRAFFIC THAN WATCH TIM TEBOW TAKE ONE SNAP UNDER CENTER FOR THE BROWNS THIS GETS MY VOTE FOR THE DUMBEST THREAD OF THE YEAR.... AND WE HAVE HAD SOME DOOZIES IN HERE

What was Kyle Orton's record with that top defensive and rushing attack?

And half of his completions that year came in the fourth quarter when the Broncos asked him to do something and he came through. Half his yearly yards came in the 4th quarter when the Broncos needed him to pass. He played with what the coaches asked him to do, keep it close, rely on the running game and defense and come up with plays in the 4th quarter.

Kyle Orton is terrible as well, Tim Tebow is one of the worst Quarterbacks I have ever seen he is a gimmick
candyman93

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
I honestly think our fans have an obsession with scrubs.

I can't find another forum that wants to sign more bums than us. Laughing
LAURINAITIS33

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying Tebow is a franchise QB. I'm just saying he is a better option then Weeden or I think a better option then the QBs in this draft or anybody in FA. If Turner can get Tebow to about 55% passer then he could be dangerous. I don't think Tebow has had someone to really coach him. John Fox didn't believe him, McCoy probably didn't spend much time with him because Elway wanted to replace him and last year the Jets was more worried with gimmick packages then working on his QB work.People discount his intangibles I think too much. There is a lot more QBs with better physical talent, I know that but few has his leadership and desire. If you can transplant his brain into JaMarcus's body, it would be the greatest QB of all time probably. I think a part of the Broncos run and the play of the defense and running game is taking the lead from their QB. He's not a prima donna and I think teammates respect that and follow him because he easily could be.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I hated Tebow in college, is how much I love him in the pros.

As great as Tebow was in college, is as bad as he is as a pro.

I like the circus act and the crazy way he pulls out wins.

I do not, in any way want to see him do his thing in Cleveland. When he is on (17-29 189 Yards 1 T.D.) he is almost serviable. But when he is off (2-15 24 yards) it is almost impossible to win with him.

I find him playing QB in the NFL very entertaining, just like when we had Kevin Johnson/Dennis Northcutt playing QB for us. It is comical and every play that gains positive yardage seems like a huge victory. But at the end of the day, you know it has failure written all over it.

So to answer you, no I'd much rather stick with Weeden who is 250X the QB that Tebow is.

Have a good day and may Tebow have mercy on your soul.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DP is going all Maiva on this thread.

Love it

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tebow!

Tebow!

Tebow!

Tebow!

Tebow!

This forum would burn. Haha Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummmm considering the fact that Weeden threw for almost 1000 more yards in his rookie year than Tebow has in his entire career im gonna go ahead and disregard you saying Tebow is better than Weeden oh yea and there is the fact that Tim Tebow couldnt even beat this out to play QB

LAURINAITIS33

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The truth is that 30 years ago, everybody would be ripping on Bernie Kosar and his mechanics if we had the same amount of press and exposure as today's NFL. Kosar probably ranks in the top five of worst mechanics ever for a QB but in the end he got the job done.

His first year as a starter wasn't much different then Tebow's either not even accuracy but instead of chasing him out of town and going for a more typical QB, a team stuck with him and he matured into a pretty solid QB for years for a very good team.

As for as hating Tebow, it all depends on if he can win. Everybody loves a winner. If he could lead the Browns to the playoffs like he did with the Broncos, then Cleveland would love him.

People take for granted on players and coaches believing in a player. Jeff Fisher didn't believe in Vince Young and it ruined him more then anything else. Terrelle Pryor was the same way at Ohio State with Tressel as you could see it after every 4th and 1 when Ohio State punted instead of trusting Pryor in making a play. If Tebow can find a team and a coaching staff that can believe in him, I think it would change a lot for him.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
ummmm considering the fact that Weeden threw for almost 1000 more yards in his rookie year than Tebow has in his entire career im gonna go ahead and disregard you saying Tebow is better than Weeden oh yea and there is the fact that Tim Tebow couldnt even beat this out to play QB]

Some points on the other side of the coin....

Tebow took his team to the playoffs... Something the browns have rarely done in last two decades. Tebow beat the Steelers in the playoffs... That is something no browns QB has ever done. Also a team led by Big Ben.... Someone the browns have only beat once/twice since he came into the league.

I question people who only focus on one side of an issue and ignore the rest. Seems rather biased to me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
ummmm considering the fact that Weeden threw for almost 1000 more yards in his rookie year than Tebow has in his entire career im gonna go ahead and disregard you saying Tebow is better than Weeden oh yea and there is the fact that Tim Tebow couldnt even beat this out to play QB]

Some points on the other side of the coin....

Tebow took his team to the playoffs... Something the browns have rarely done in last two decades. Tebow beat the Steelers in the playoffs... That is something no browns QB has ever done. Also a team led by Big Ben.... Someone the browns have only beat once/twice since he came into the league.

I question people who only focus on one side of an issue and ignore the rest. Seems rather biased to me.

Bulls%$*& Despite Tim Tebow being nonexistent for 3 and 3/4 of the game that defense held their opponents within range for him to have his "Miraculious drives" if denver had even a competent QB they would have been blowing teams out. Tim tebow had one good play in that playoff game, he caight the pitt defense entirely out of place and hit Demaryious Thomas on a crossing pattern in which he did most of the work running it down the field. [inappropriate/removed]!!!
LAURINAITIS33

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The truth is that Cleveland's defense was statistically about the same of Denver's defense.

Denver gave up 355 yds per game and 24.4 points per game

Cleveland gave up 363 yds per game and 23.0 points per game

Plus Cleveland had 11 more takeaways

In how many of 7 losses by 10 points or less last year would Tebow have pulled out?

Last edited by LAURINAITIS33 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: