Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Manti Te'o
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevtre19

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Manti Te'o Reply with quote

i havnt seen a thread on this so I just wanted to hear everyones opinion on him. We have the 30th overall pick Clearly MLB isn't our biggest need and i would rather see us draft Eiffert, Werner (if he falls to us), Carradine (if he is healthy) and maybe trufant ( I cant say i want to see us take a CB in round one i would rather see it in the second or 3rd but i would understand why we would take him). But anyway Akeem dent doesn't seem to be a long term solution. Just wanted to hear your thoughts.
adam9

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too slow.

I heard that he was running his 40s with his girlfriend Lennay Kekua on his back in fairness to his slow times.

Last edited by adam9 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont want the anchor of our defense to be some delusional, slow, overrated kid who fabricates relationships to boost his hype

give me a CB or help in the trenches. If we're going MLB I'd take Ogletree or Minter any day over Manti

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ILB is not a big enough need right now to use a high draft pick. If anything we need a quick OLB who is good in coverage to compliment Spoon. Dent is fine right now for our MLB. Would like to see us get Porter, Gooden, or Greene.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
ILB is not a big enough need right now to use a high draft pick. If anything we need a quick OLB who is good in coverage to compliment Spoon. Dent is fine right now for our MLB. Would like to see us get Porter, Gooden, or Greene.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would rather have Arthur Brown over him all day.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:

$20 says Brown doesnt last to 30. Id rather have Ogletree or Jarvis Jones or Xavier Rhodes, doesnt really matter though.

To the main topic, MLB is barley a need and not enough of one to take a guy in the 1st
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

$20 says Brown doesnt last to 30. Id rather have Ogletree or Jarvis Jones or Xavier Rhodes, doesnt really matter though.

To the main topic, MLB is barley a need and not enough of one to take a guy in the 1st
not taking that bet. lol I don't think he lasts to 30 at all either.

Ogletree isn't really a good fit character wise. Jones, scheme wise. I agree about Rhodes though. I would love to see the Falcons bring in a corner over a MLB too. I don't see MLB as a need except for depth because Dent was solid for the 2-down role. I would say SLB/3-down LB is much more important of a need. But you can get Jamie Collins in the 2nd or Jelani Jenkins in the 3rd.

DE or CB is always a great fit for the #30 pick. I'm sure everyone would agree there.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

Ogletree isn't really a good fit character wise. Jones, scheme wise. I agree about Rhodes though. I would love to see the Falcons bring in a corner over a MLB too. I don't see MLB as a need except for depth because Dent was solid for the 2-down role. I would say SLB/3-down LB is much more important of a need. But you can get Jamie Collins in the 2nd or Jelani Jenkins in the 3rd.

DE or CB is always a great fit for the #30 pick. I'm sure everyone would agree there.

Nicholas is more than fine there. Hes a stud in the run game and is pretty good against the pass. A lb in the first three rounds is a waste imo
Willthethrill_H

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the topic of linebackers... From what I remember, wasn't Pat Schiller looking really good at linebacker before he got injured? Does anyone know if we're planning on bringing him back?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

Nicholas is more than fine there. Hes a stud in the run game and is pretty good against the pass. A lb in the first three rounds is a waste imo
A LB who can actually cover a TE would not be a waste in round three or earlier. Besides a pathetic pass rush, that was the Falcons biggest problem in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:

Gotta disagree with ya here man. An athletic OLB who is good in coverage is a big need for us. I just don't think Nicholas is the guy for the job. Yeah he is good against the run, but dude can't cover for s***. Spoon can't do it all. We need an athletic OLB who can cover a TE to compliment Spoon.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

A LB who can actually cover a TE would not be a waste in round three or earlier. Besides a pathetic pass rush, that was the Falcons biggest problem in the playoffs.

Except the issue wasnt Nicholas getting beat, it was that we didnt want to cover the TE at all. Too many times he was running completely free up the seam. Unless Nicholas blew the coverage 7, 8 or 9 times, it wasnt a lack of ability, but rather play design.
swoosh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

Except the issue wasnt Nicholas getting beat, it was that we didnt want to cover the TE at all. Too many times he was running completely free up the seam. Unless Nicholas blew the coverage 7, 8 or 9 times, it wasnt a lack of ability, but rather play design.
Meh. Nicholas got beat a lot, but you're right play design played a part. But I don't see how LB is not a big need. There are bigger needs such as DE, but what happens if Spoon or Nicholas go down?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: