Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lil' Shorty 2013 Mock Offseason 3.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Lil' Shorty 2013 Mock Offseason 3.0 Reply with quote

Free Agency

Arrow Key Resigns

Ronde Barber

- Will be a great #3 CB behind Revis and a draft pick. He can still play and would be one of the best nickel backs in the league. His leadership and experience would really help mold a secondary that is young and more than anything new to playing together.

Mike Williams

- Signs a 4 year extension. He clearly deserves it after the season he had this year along side Vincent Jackson. Williams is one of the best #2s in the league and deserves more than a contract of a 4th round pick.

LeGarrette Blount

- He has been resigned on a 1 year contract. He could very well be traded in the Darrelle Revis trade (seems like our best chance to trade him) or to someone else. If he is retained I think that in a better role he could be a serviceable #2 RB. But lets just hope Martin doesnt go down.

Andrew Economos

- Solid long snapper and its good to have consistency at a position that is overlooked in the NFL.

Arrow Key Losses

Quincy Black

- Despite the best season of his career he is still a 2 down LB and after his horrible injury his $5.5 mil. per year salary doesn't fly any more. He gets cut to free up cap space.

Eric Wright

- As soon as we trade for Revis and find out Ronde is coming back or see that it is unlikely that anyone will trade for Wright he will be cut. His roll is as a #3 CB in the NFL and that position will be filled by Ronde this year and Leonard Johnson when Ronde retires.

Michael Bennett

- In an attempt to see what Bowers has and to get the most out of our 2nd round pick from 2 years ago, we let Bennett walk. While this hurts he is a similar player to Bowers but will far less natural pass rushing ability and just as good in stopping the run. We can not have Clayborn and Bowers and Bennett with big contracts in the future and when it comes down to in Bowers and Clayborn were our best options. Plus in terms of pass rushing attempts last season, 9 sacks for Bennett was not all that impressive.

Roy Miller

- Was an average starter but a solid backup. His presence will hurt our run D so we need to make it a priority to make sure we stay in the top 5 in that category this season and the loss of Miller doesnt hurt that too bad.

E.J. Biggers

- Solid #3 or #4 CB but with the emergance of Leonard Johnson and Anthony Gaitor and Ronde most likely coming back next season, his services were not needed.

Jeremy Trueblood

- Dotson is much better and Trueblood is not even that good of a backup.

Dallas Clark

- Solid pass catcher but not good in run blocking. He made the offense too one dimensional when he was lined up in the TE spot this season.

Arrow Key Free Agent Additions

FS - Dashon Goldson

- Say what you want. This guy can cover and he is also a beast in run support. There are few FS better in the game right now and he will deserve every penny. A combo of Goldson and Barron would give us the hardest hitting S combo in the league and one that would be feared. Plus, Goldson is just entering the prime of his career.

WR - Kevin Ogletree

- Solid #3 WR with a ton of untapped potential. He is a serious upgrade at the position and probably one of the best #3s we have had in years. Behind Jackson and Williams he should have a lot of opportunities and could be a big time contributor. One of these 3 guys has to be open for Freeman.

LB - Jonathan Casillias

- A great depth guy. While he would not be the best starter he is very good in the backup roll and can be used in a number of packages. His biggest contribution will probably be on special teams, but regardless, he has a high motor and a solid work ethic.

TE - Tom Crabtree

- This guy is a solid blocker. While he may not be a #1 or as good of a pass catcher as we may have wanted, he didnt have a ton of opportunities behind Findly in Green Bay. Apparently he is a good pass catcher and above average blocker. Hopefully he continues to develop as a pass catcher and we can come away with a steal that really surprises us.

Arrow TRADES

Arrelious Benn: To Philadelphia for a 6th round pick

- Though he was a 2nd round pick with big play ability he never developed and always seemed to be injured. I wish him the best in Philadelphia. Mike Williams just has much more talent and I must say that Im glad he had his character issue because we got a solid WR for a bargain in the 4th. Williams just shined over Benn and it was time for Benn to go.

Darrelle Revis: Acquired from New York Jets for a 2013 4th and 2014 1st and 3rd.

- Do I really need to say much here? He upgrades a position of huge need and gives us one of the best secondaries in football. If he takes $12 - $13 mil per and we can fit a no holdout clause in his contract with a reasonable trade like the one I listed above, this is a great signing and trade for both teams.

2013 NFL Draft

Round 1: Jarvis Jones - SLB - Georgia

- I think that we will be able to stay put and select Jones with our #13 overall selection. He would fill a need at SLB and greatly increase our pass rush. A lot of packages we ran last year had the SLB coming off the field due to us liking to blitz a lot. Well, that made our D somewhat predictable. Jones is a great blitzer and solid SLB. His weight somewhat concerns me. Id like him to be in the 240s for a SLB but the film does not lie, he is a football player and that is what I care about. Mayock has him ranked in the 4-3 SLB category and I agree. He is not solely a rush LB in a 3-4.

Round 2: Sylvester Williams - DT - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

- Has the ideal size to be the starting DT lining up beside McCoy in the NT position. Williams also has good pass rushing ability and recorded 6 sacks last season and 13.5 TFL. While he needs to develop more than just a swim move in the NFL on passing downs, he is great at the POA and will solidify our run D and the loss of Roy Miller. He also has a solid bull rush. Look for him to still be around with our 2nd round pick.

TRADE: Bucs trade up to the top of the 3rd or end of the 2nd and give up their 3rd and 4th round picks to select...

Round 3: Logan Ryan - CB - Rutgers

- Not only is he one of Schiano's guys from Rutgers, he fits perfectly into the scheme we run here in Tampa. Also, he has been training with Revis in preparation for his 1st season in the NFL and what better than to pair the 2 up again in Tampa. Ryan should grow in Tampa and while there will be growing pains and times he is picked on by QBs, we run a lot of nickel packages where Ronde can help out or we could slide protection to his side. Plus, this kid is a competitor and a tough nut. He has a short memory and will get right back at it if he is beat.

Round 5: Kenjon Barner - RB - Oregon

- Would be a great compliment back to Martin. While Barner lacks the size to be much of a pass protector in the NFL, he is a home run threat whenever he touches the ball and behind our OL that could be possible more times than not. Also, he is an excellent pass catcher who can shake people in the open field. If you think of how often our #2, Blount, was used last year, imagine Barner in that roll but with a few more touches. He would be in the game more and give a greater impact, plus actually be able to make plays and allow Martin to rest.

Round 6: Cornelius Washington - DE/OLB - Georgia

- Washington is one of those classic players that is kind of a DE and kind of a OLB. His position in the NFL will really depend on the team that he gets drafted to. At 6'4 265 and with a 4.55 40 time, I think that Washington could make for a solid situational rush end for us. He has the size, strength and speed and could be a solid rotational guy behind Clayborn, Bennett, Bowers, and Te'o Nesheim.

Round 7: Manase Foketi - OT - West Texas A&M

- With letting Trueblood walk this offseason we now need someone to help push Dotson. Foketi might not even make the team depending on if we add a RT in FA but regardless he could be a camp body that turns out to be much more valuable than a 7th round pick.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love for this to happen. Talk about a defensive overhaul that is definitely much needed.

I'm still not sure if Jarvis Jones will drop that far though.

Love the Williams' pick and Ryan is nice value there.

The trade for Revis though I think will have us including something from this year. Probably not our first but I think we part ways with an early pick. Its your mock and what you think will happen so have at it. I'll gladly take this even though its a huge risk.

At worse that 2014 pick is a mid-round first.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Would love for this to happen. Talk about a defensive overhaul that is definitely much needed.

I'm still not sure if Jarvis Jones will drop that far though.

Love the Williams' pick and Ryan is nice value there.

The trade for Revis though I think will have us including something from this year. Probably not our first but I think we part ways with an early pick. Its your mock and what you think will happen so have at it. I'll gladly take this even though its a huge risk.

At worse that 2014 pick is a mid-round first.

With the report that we are willing to give our 2014 1st and 2nd, it makes me think Dom wants to win now and get as many key players as he can sooner rather than later. Or, he may just really like this years draft class. I don't think Dom's job is on the line if we don't make the playoffs next year but he definitely is feeling the pressure. With that said I think the most we give up next year is a 1st and 3rd. Even for Revis a 1st and 2nd is a bit much in the same draft. And so that the Jets get some compensation this year we throw in one of our 4ths. The other possibility I see would be a 1st next year and a 2nd this year if Dom doesn't wanna give up 2 high picks in one draft.

I really think that this draft fills our needs and gives us impact players at the positions they are needed. That's why we keep the high picks this year. I could definitely see Ryan as a starter with Revis in this system and Jones and Williams should be here for at least 2 contracts.

Thanks for your input!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be very happy with this
BuccaneersFan34

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love Barner and Washington at these points in the draft, but realistically, I see them as 3rd round-4th round tweeners. Washington is a lot better than his stats indicate, he can be a very good 4-3 rush end and his potential wasnt really shown at Georgia because of his 3-4 olb role. Hopefully our scouts recognize that and we think about grabbing him in rounds 3 or 4. Barner I see going just a round or so later than LaMichael James did last year in round 3, if a team really wants him, or in round 4 at the latest. Knile Davis should be available in round 5 Id think, due to his injury concerns. Michael Buchanan from Illinois may be available in round 6 because hes too skinny, but has potential.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. Nice work Shorty. Logan Ryan in the 3rd would be a solid pick up. However, I'd draft quanterrus Smith over Washington. Think he's got sleeper potential to be a 3rd down pass rush threat at the next level.
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sportsfans.org/2012/12/despite-new-blackout-policy-nfl-blacked-out-15-games-in-2012/

Even adding marquee players cannot fix a team that simply lacks intrigue at the local & national level. Revis won't fix the problem. You look at the successful years back in the early 2000s, there were over 100,000 on the waiting list for season tickets. Today, the Bucs can't sell enough tickets to broadcast on local tv. The Glaziers have tried throwing money at the problem to no avail. Success might fix the problem, but the overall lack of interest is a major concern.

Would Revis be willing to sign an extension & at what price?

Back to those successful years, McKay & Jets GM John Idzik understood the demographics of the area. They stacked the team w/ players from local colleges that brought a Following.

It's more reasonable to believe Cromartie is the player traded. Florida State Guy.
BBando

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not worried about attendance. Winning CONSISTENTLY will fix that. Having one good season will not. Lets not act like there are team that can sell out games when they are horrible. Very few. Packers will always sell out. Browns do a good job for all they have been through. You know how the Seahawks and Saints have some of the craziest fans. Go back 5 years ago they weren't selling out. Winning is all that matters in football. I believe when we get Revis we will sell out more.
ChaoticBuc3125

Location: From Boston, MA ... Hate Pats and rest of NFCS GO Bucs!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: Lil' Shorty 2013 Mock Offseason 3.0 Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
Free Agency

Arrow Key Resigns

Ronde Barber

- Will be a great #3 CB behind Revis and a draft pick. He can still play and would be one of the best nickel backs in the league. His leadership and experience would really help mold a secondary that is young and more than anything new to playing together.

Mike Williams

- Signs a 4 year extension. He clearly deserves it after the season he had this year along side Vincent Jackson. Williams is one of the best #2s in the league and deserves more than a contract of a 4th round pick.

LeGarrette Blount

- He has been resigned on a 1 year contract. He could very well be traded in the Darrelle Revis trade (seems like our best chance to trade him) or to someone else. If he is retained I think that in a better role he could be a serviceable #2 RB. But lets just hope Martin doesnt go down.

Andrew Economos

- Solid long snapper and its good to have consistency at a position that is overlooked in the NFL.

Arrow Key Losses

Quincy Black

- Despite the best season of his career he is still a 2 down LB and after his horrible injury his $5.5 mil. per year salary doesn't fly any more. He gets cut to free up cap space.

Eric Wright

- As soon as we trade for Revis and find out Ronde is coming back or see that it is unlikely that anyone will trade for Wright he will be cut. His roll is as a #3 CB in the NFL and that position will be filled by Ronde this year and Leonard Johnson when Ronde retires.

Michael Bennett

- In an attempt to see what Bowers has and to get the most out of our 2nd round pick from 2 years ago, we let Bennett walk. While this hurts he is a similar player to Bowers but will far less natural pass rushing ability and just as good in stopping the run. We can not have Clayborn and Bowers and Bennett with big contracts in the future and when it comes down to in Bowers and Clayborn were our best options. Plus in terms of pass rushing attempts last season, 9 sacks for Bennett was not all that impressive.

Roy Miller

- Was an average starter but a solid backup. His presence will hurt our run D so we need to make it a priority to make sure we stay in the top 5 in that category this season and the loss of Miller doesnt hurt that too bad.

E.J. Biggers

- Solid #3 or #4 CB but with the emergance of Leonard Johnson and Anthony Gaitor and Ronde most likely coming back next season, his services were not needed.

Jeremy Trueblood

- Dotson is much better and Trueblood is not even that good of a backup.

Dallas Clark

- Solid pass catcher but not good in run blocking. He made the offense too one dimensional when he was lined up in the TE spot this season.

Arrow Key Free Agent Additions

FS - Dashon Goldson

- Say what you want. This guy can cover and he is also a beast in run support. There are few FS better in the game right now and he will deserve every penny. A combo of Goldson and Barron would give us the hardest hitting S combo in the league and one that would be feared. Plus, Goldson is just entering the prime of his career.

WR - Kevin Ogletree

- Solid #3 WR with a ton of untapped potential. He is a serious upgrade at the position and probably one of the best #3s we have had in years. Behind Jackson and Williams he should have a lot of opportunities and could be a big time contributor. One of these 3 guys has to be open for Freeman.

LB - Jonathan Casillias

- A great depth guy. While he would not be the best starter he is very good in the backup roll and can be used in a number of packages. His biggest contribution will probably be on special teams, but regardless, he has a high motor and a solid work ethic.

TE - Tom Crabtree

- This guy is a solid blocker. While he may not be a #1 or as good of a pass catcher as we may have wanted, he didnt have a ton of opportunities behind Findly in Green Bay. Apparently he is a good pass catcher and above average blocker. Hopefully he continues to develop as a pass catcher and we can come away with a steal that really surprises us.

Arrow TRADES

Arrelious Benn: To Philadelphia for a 6th round pick

- Though he was a 2nd round pick with big play ability he never developed and always seemed to be injured. I wish him the best in Philadelphia. Mike Williams just has much more talent and I must say that Im glad he had his character issue because we got a solid WR for a bargain in the 4th. Williams just shined over Benn and it was time for Benn to go.

Darrelle Revis: Acquired from New York Jets for a 2013 4th and 2014 1st and 3rd.

- Do I really need to say much here? He upgrades a position of huge need and gives us one of the best secondaries in football. If he takes $12 - $13 mil per and we can fit a no holdout clause in his contract with a reasonable trade like the one I listed above, this is a great signing and trade for both teams.

2013 NFL Draft

Round 1: Jarvis Jones - SLB - Georgia

- I think that we will be able to stay put and select Jones with our #13 overall selection. He would fill a need at SLB and greatly increase our pass rush. A lot of packages we ran last year had the SLB coming off the field due to us liking to blitz a lot. Well, that made our D somewhat predictable. Jones is a great blitzer and solid SLB. His weight somewhat concerns me. Id like him to be in the 240s for a SLB but the film does not lie, he is a football player and that is what I care about. Mayock has him ranked in the 4-3 SLB category and I agree. He is not solely a rush LB in a 3-4.

Round 2: Sylvester Williams - DT - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

- Has the ideal size to be the starting DT lining up beside McCoy in the NT position. Williams also has good pass rushing ability and recorded 6 sacks last season and 13.5 TFL. While he needs to develop more than just a swim move in the NFL on passing downs, he is great at the POA and will solidify our run D and the loss of Roy Miller. He also has a solid bull rush. Look for him to still be around with our 2nd round pick.

TRADE: Bucs trade up to the top of the 3rd or end of the 2nd and give up their 3rd and 4th round picks to select...

Round 3: Logan Ryan - CB - Rutgers

- Not only is he one of Schiano's guys from Rutgers, he fits perfectly into the scheme we run here in Tampa. Also, he has been training with Revis in preparation for his 1st season in the NFL and what better than to pair the 2 up again in Tampa. Ryan should grow in Tampa and while there will be growing pains and times he is picked on by QBs, we run a lot of nickel packages where Ronde can help out or we could slide protection to his side. Plus, this kid is a competitor and a tough nut. He has a short memory and will get right back at it if he is beat.

This is a fantastic scenario and I may faint or hit myself to see if I'm dreaming... lol If Jarvis falls to us we have to take him IMO, think Logan will go top top50 with the run expected on defensive backs. My top second rounders would be moving up in 2nd for Jonathan Banks, Margus Hunt, or Tank Caradine. Though Sylvester would be welcome addition I personally would like to see Bucs bring in veteran DT (maybe Branch/Seymour)and make play for Abraham.

Congrads to 55 on HOF! To Revis FU! & MG#8 & his mob must go!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: