Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LB Durant / S Allen signed (official) Orton restructures
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
canadaluvsdalla

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Bill Jones speculated (pure speculation) that we might consider dealing Wilbur. Sure does seem like we drafted him for the old scheme. If we could flip him for a 4th or 5th, I would probably do that. No need to let him become worthless if he's just going to ride the pine for his entire rookie contract.

Would not do that.

If you watched Wilber's tape in the 4-3. He was pretty dominant. Especially in one the games where he was absolutely breathing down Baylor and RG3.

By Wilber's play in the 4-3 I would have seen him as a 2nd round pick. His production took a dive after the switch to the 3-4 at Wake Forest.

This is his first year of playing after taking a red-shirt year in the 4-3 defence. After this year they switched over to the 3-4:

This vid is against Baylor and RG3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPSg2zODVcQ

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
NoFlyZone wrote:
I'm confused. Would Sims and Durant compete for the SLB spot at all or does Durant have the spot outright. I thought Sims was resigned because of his experience in 4-3.

Sims is a WOLB, or Will. He is not physically suited to the SOLB, or Sam. His small stature would make it hard for him to shed blocks and hold the point of attack against the run. Sims will likely be backing up Carter.

The Sam competition will likely be between Durant, Albright and Wilber.

And we all know we need depth behind Carter, so Sims is a great piece of depth. Durant at SOLB is a perfect stop gap. FA has helped the depth issue at LB a ton which is good. Cb is pretty solid 1-4 as well. Means we have to focus on safety and the trenches finally.

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
buckwild

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Bill Jones speculated (pure speculation) that we might consider dealing Wilbur. Sure does seem like we drafted him for the old scheme. If we could flip him for a 4th or 5th, I would probably do that. No need to let him become worthless if he's just going to ride the pine for his entire rookie contract.

In this draft, I would love an additional mid round pick. 4th would be ideal

Wasn't Wilbur a 4th round pick? Highly doubt that you would get equal value for him a year after he was drafted. Especially if teams think you are trying to get rid of him.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAG. Decent depth signing.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
AyyyeeeJ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to Durant wired for sound week 9

http://www.detroitlions.com/media-center/videos/Durant-Wired-for-Sound---Week-9/b6396d38-7c7b-4cd9-b765-3500f695f690
textaz03

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@espn_macmahon: Per @PFF, Cowboys commit Justin Durant ranked No. 18 among 4-3 OLB last year. 8th vs. run, 37th in coverage. Won't be on field in nickel.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
ChronicLionFevr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a lions fan I would have liked to see him stay, though I think I'm somewhat in the minority in that since he doesn't make practically any splash plays, but he's solid and I like him as a person too.

He's had slight health issues but I think that's mostly behind him
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
From what i'm hearing in Dallas they are closer on a long term deam with Spencer than Romo. As Romo is looking for $18 million a year, and not willing to give a hometown discount since this is his last contract.

It's probably more like Romo is not willing to give a hometown discount because he had the ish beat out of him the past 3 years. He's charging an extra million for every year his life has been reduced by awful OL play.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
From what i'm hearing in Dallas they are closer on a long term deam with Spencer than Romo. As Romo is looking for $18 million a year, and not willing to give a hometown discount since this is his last contract.

Well let's hope that what you heard isn't true. If it is, I hope the Cowboys don't cave to those demands

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would pay Romo whatever he wants. He is the best Qb option we have for the foreseeable future.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Hoover82 wrote:
I would pay Romo whatever he wants. He is the best Qb option we have for the foreseeable future.

You just scared the bejesus out of me. Make him a reasonable offer. If they refuse(Romo and agent), look to trade him. If he thinks his many mistakes in big games warrants him Flacco type money...good riddance.
textaz03

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@nickeatman: Cowboys have officially signed LB Justin Durant to 2-year deal. To get under the cap, the club re-negotiated the contract of QB Kyle Orton

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
htfryar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
@nickeatman: Cowboys have officially signed LB Justin Durant to 2-year deal. To get under the cap, the club re-negotiated the contract of QB Kyle Orton

I have no problem with this restructure. Orton is a good backup. Keeping him and signing a free agent is a win-win.

“Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.”
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Todd Archer ‏@toddarcherCowboys free up $383k on Kyle Orton restructure. Gives them enough to sign Justin Durant officially. Still working on Will Allen

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

Would not do that.

If you watched Wilber's tape in the 4-3. He was pretty dominant. Especially in one the games where he was absolutely breathing down Baylor and RG3.

By Wilber's play in the 4-3 I would have seen him as a 2nd round pick. His production took a dive after the switch to the 3-4 at Wake Forest.

This is his first year of playing after taking a red-shirt year in the 4-3 defence. After this year they switched over to the 3-4:

This vid is against Baylor and RG3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPSg2zODVcQ

I'm starting to like the thought about keeping Wilber more and more. He should be a decent backup for Ware on the LEO spot, and a guy who can backup the SOLB spot if needed. We don't need anything special to backup Ware since he's always on the field, so we might as well keep him and see what he can do.

- With that said, I would trade him away in a heartbeat for a mid 4th since this is simply just a deep draft. But, we won't get offered a 4th.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: