Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Geno Smith Question
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
I hope not

Just be patient guys. I bet we break bank for our QB next year.

Then it would be manditory for us to trade down pick 6 and pick up another 2014 1st.

Otherwise, we won't be able to afford it barring about a 4-12 finish.

We are winning 9 games this year, book it.

We won't be in position to grab a top QB, but Weeden's emergence will allow us to put it off for awhile anyway.

Yeah... Im not sold on that.

Well, no one is sold on that. But I am buying it.

You will too, soon enough. <evil laugh>

haha well we all hope your right.

Unfortunately, it doesn't happen often. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000156411/article/geno-smiths-work-ethic-questioned-in-scouting-report

Quote:
"(Smith is) not a student of the game. Nonchalant field presence -- does not command respect from teammates and cannot inspire. Mild practice demeanor -- no urgency. Not committed or focused -- marginal work ethic. Interviewed poorly at the combine and did not show an understanding of concepts on the white board. Opted not to compete at the Senior Bowl and has approached offseason training as if he has already arrived, and it shows in his body with minimal muscle definition or strength. ..

Quote:
"A cross between Akili Smith and Aaron Brooks, Smith is a gimmick, overhyped product of the system lacking the football savvy, work habits and focus to cement a starting job and could drain energy from a QB room. Will be overdrafted and struggle to produce against NFL defensive complexities."

Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
sounds harsh because Nawrocki is a member of the media, not an NFL team.

Quote:
It's surprising to hear Smith is not a "student of the game" and that his work ethic is suspect. This is the first we've heard of that about Smith, who has a great reputation for his film study.

Quote:
He had a brutal assessment of Cam Newton two years ago that included Newton's "fake smile," among other infractions.

Id like to know more about this media persons' credibility before I take anything he says to heart. Sounds too much like a guy trying to MAKE headlines, instead of reporting them...

Right now I will go with Mort's opinion as I know and trust him the most when it comes to this, and he has Geno rated very high.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nawrocki has been accused before of being way lower than most of practically every single African American QB prospect (Newton, Wilson, RG3), so I'm afraid I just can't take his word as meaning much of anything.

That said, I don't like any of this year's QBs as first rounders. I'm sure 1-2 of them will turn out well, but I don't think anyone has a clue who those 1-2 will be, so I'd rather take a shot in the 2nd-6th on a guy like Tyler Wilson, Dysert, Matt Scott, etc. than use #6 on Geno.

Geno, Barkley, Glennon, Wilson, Dysert, Nassib, Scott, Bray, Manuel, Sorensen. I have no clue who, but I'm sure 1-2 of these guys will work out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
Nawrocki has been accused before of being way lower than most of practically every single African American QB prospect (Newton, Wilson, RG3), so I'm afraid I just can't take his word as meaning much of anything.

That said, I don't like any of this year's QBs as first rounders. I'm sure 1-2 of them will turn out well, but I don't think anyone has a clue who those 1-2 will be, so I'd rather take a shot in the 2nd-6th on a guy like Tyler Wilson, Dysert, Matt Scott, etc. than use #6 on Geno.

Geno, Barkley, Glennon, Wilson, Dysert, Nassib, Scott, Bray, Manuel, Sorensen. I have no clue who, but I'm sure 1-2 of these guys will work out.

These two are going to be the top QB, if given an opportunity to prove themselves (IE, not drafted to be a continual backup behind a young QB, like Cousins).

Wilson is as tough, and gritty as they get. Really a guy that can be a definitive leader on a team lacking one. His motion is slow, but he has an above average game, good intelligence, and patience. Wilson is my number one QB, mainly because I think that his senior season was a [inappropriate/removed] storm because of a bad line and a lack of weapons.

Glennon... I understand why a lot of people hate Glennon. He's a rock in the pocket, he has pretty meh stats, and when you watch him, he doesn't look like anything special. Except for the fact you can't teach height, and there might not be an arm of his caliber in this draft. He played on a terrible team, and drug them to a bowl game. There's something about Glennon (much like a car wreck, except positive...) that keeps me going back, and I can't pin it. I think, if you swapped Geno and Glennon, no one would talk about Geno at NCST, and Glennon would be a top five pick throwing to two of the best WR's in college football. Heck, Glennon at USC would do the same. He's a big time talent, but looks bad because of his lack of surrounding cast. Really hope this kid falls and we take him.
MalcolmBrown

Location: 2014 Adopt a Brownie: Jim Dray: 7 Receptions, 91 Yards (13.0 ypc), 1 TD
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna say no, we don't draft him. I think the team who pulls the trigger on this guy (or any other QB in the first rd) has to have their game plan in mind alrdy and possibly sees him starting some games this season.

I can't say we won't, but I want another year out of Weeden. I'm not sure he's got what it takes, but I think he deserves a season with these offensive guru's to see if he can be the guy, if not, let Jason Campbell come in and see if he can ride it out.

I did always have a soft spot for Campbell, I like the pick up and I hope he can stay healthy. "Sorry 'bout that collar bone, babe."

Reppin in Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland
buno67

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow on first take both Skip and Smith are ripping on Nawrocki and how bogus his opinions are

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McShay basically said the exact opposite of this guy, and said very politely that the story is inaccurate, overboard, and very harsh.

This media is going to get crucified over some of his comments on Geno, Cam, and others. It will be interesting to see how his past comments look under the microscope if this story continues to build steam.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nawrocki is Mayock's "second opinion" so to speak.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: