Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft question for Philly fans:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't hate it at all.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on how the board fell, but I wouldn't hate it either.
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on the board for me too.
I don't hate it, but I feel like we could get more out of #4.
Something about Fisher's draft stock skyrocketing around the time of the combine puts me off.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Withmy89vision

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prefer Lane over Fisher but otherwise like it

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no real interest in either as players.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
RollEagles

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Something about Fisher's draft stock skyrocketing around the time of the combine puts me off.

Same here. Any player who starts to shoot up draft boards just after the combine raises flags for me.

Didn't our front office say that the combine does little to affect how they view players?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
I honestly can't think of a Player from Alabama since their resurgence besides Julio Jones that's had real success in the NFL. Didn't see Mark Barron last season, so he's not included.

Do you know who Trent Richardson is???

Also guys like Terrence Cody and Kareem Jackson have really stepped up and been good for there teams.

TommyC376 on the Sig
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles $5$ wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
I honestly can't think of a Player from Alabama since their resurgence besides Julio Jones that's had real success in the NFL. Didn't see Mark Barron last season, so he's not included.

Also guys like Terrence Cody and Kareem Jackson have really stepped up and been good for there teams.

3.5 YPC... yay...

If you're gonna win a sig bet, at least do a better job than this.
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles $5$ wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:

LOL Terrence Cody and stepped up do not belong in the same sentence.

He had one mediocre season at best and has been trash since. Hell, he might even be cut or let go after this season.

Unless he plays out of his mind in his contract year like so many other Ravens. Laughing
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
Phire wrote:

Same here. Any player who starts to shoot up draft boards just after the combine raises flags for me.

Didn't our front office say that the combine does little to affect how they view players?

Often this is the effect of the draftniks boards starting to get closer to NFL scout's boards. It's the result of some of them speaking to scouts, being able to watch and evaluate more "tape" on prospects they may have been a little unsure of, answering questions about athleticism they may have had, seeing reports from the combine and interviews, etc. It doesn't necessarily mean it's correct, but it shouldn't necessarily be a ding either.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
RollEagles wrote:
Phire wrote:

Often this is the effect of the draftniks boards starting to get closer to NFL scout's boards. It's the result of some of them speaking to scouts, being able to watch and evaluate more "tape" on prospects they may have been a little unsure of, answering questions about athleticism they may have had, seeing reports from the combine and interviews, etc. It doesn't necessarily mean it's correct, but it shouldn't necessarily be a ding either.

Cept Eric Fishers stock skyrocketed after the Senior Bowl, not the combine. Lane Johnson is the one who has skyrocketed post combine.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, K Joseph, D Perryman, T Clemmings, E Rowe, H Kikaha, X Cooper
Kiltman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
RollEagles wrote:
Phire wrote:

Cept Eric Fishers stock skyrocketed after the Senior Bowl, not the combine. Lane Johnson is the one who has skyrocketed post combine.

Lane's started at the Senior Bowl as well

For awhile it was Jake Matthews & Joeckel, when Jake went back Luke was the presumed top guy. Fisher was a top 25 pick at that point, Lane maybe a late first/ early second.

Senior Bowl Week happened, Fisher looked fantastic against the higher competition which was one of his biggest questions moved into top 10/12 range, Lane impressed with his athleticism as well as his performance that week and got to top 25 level. Joeckel was still top for most, but without the senior bowl only lost ground.

Combine happened, Fisher was solid, Lane looked great, and while decent....Joeckel disappointed for someone who was supposedly really athletic. Gap narrowed here but the order is still the same in most people's eyes.

I mean it wasn't like some 3rd rounder put on a workout warrior performance at the combine and now is a top ten pick...it all falls in the pretty standard flow of the big board in a season.

Lane, he probably has the the highest ceiling, athleticism really is intriguing for our offense, and is versatile having played multiple positions in college. All that said he's still inexperienced and on the tape while he looks good....he doesn't look great.

Fisher, great run blocker, solid in pass pro, big and physical, has room to grow as a player....though not quite as much as Lane...partly due to the fact that he's better than him at this point. Probably a little stiffer than the other two..but not by much.

Joeckel, really don't like him, but he is probably better at this point at passport despite getting beat inside a lot. Seems to be working on his strength which was really poor in college which affected is run blocking. Some have said he gets nasty on the field....but I haven't seen it.

End of the day

Do not want Joeckel at all

Would be ok with taking Fisher at #4

Would prefer to trade down a bit and take Fisher or Lane in the back end of the top 10. If we must take one of them. But with Peters being back for mini camps in 2+ weeks, would rather take a guy like Armstead or Kyle Long later on to play RT.

Eagles Forum Hall of Famer | 2013 Gold Standard Baldy Winner | The Reigning & Final? ENBD Champion
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
RollEagles wrote:
Phire wrote:

That's not a "cept" ("except", I presume) to the point I made.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I don't understand the bringing up of Cody.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
Eagles $5$

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Eagles $5$ wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:

3.5 YPC... yay...

Rushing for a 1000 yards and 11 TD (and 1 Rec) in a Browns offense that doesn't have a good QB and no WR's is pretty good for a rookie RB. I have no doubt that he is going to be a very good player.

TommyC376 on the Sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: