Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft question for Philly fans:
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Draft question for Philly fans: Reply with quote

Greetings, you friendly bunch! Very Happy -Trying to work my mock in this MOST confusing draft-to-be, here. This being the question:
Eric Fisher in the 1st, and Jonathan Hankins in the 2nd. Win, lose, or draw?
Kempes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisher is an OK pick, really do not want Hankins though.
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kempes wrote:
Fisher is an OK pick, really do not want Hankins though.

M'kay. Duly noted.
Jroc04

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't mind this.

Fischer is obviously fine if he's there.

Hankins, IMO, could be a dominate 4-3 DT but would be wasted as a 3-4 NT. I like his potential to be a more disruptive DT than I do as a bull NT. I think hes going to be good but as a NT I think we wouldn't take advantage of his potential. I wonder if he could even play end on a 3-4? But we wouldn't have room for him there. Cox would already be occupying his spot, I believe.

Kilt sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
Kempes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, Hankins looks like he's gonna be purely a run stuffer, I think he lacks a lot of rush ability. If we want that type of player I think we could get one later on in the draft.
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of very different opinions above me, here. Personally, I think he's a better run-stuffer, hence, a better NT candidate.
JohnyEagles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Suffering Bills,

I think that Jesse Williams out of Alabama would be a better pick in that regard in my opinion. He would be a future NT for us and many have said is one of the strongest kids in the draft!

Hope this helped.
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnyEagles wrote:
Hey Suffering Bills,

I think that Jesse Williams out of Alabama would be a better pick in that regard in my opinion. He would be a future NT for us and many have said is one of the strongest kids in the draft!

Hope this helped.

I considered him, dude, but he might not be as good a prospect as you're thinking.
JohnyEagles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suffering_Bills wrote:
JohnyEagles wrote:
Hey Suffering Bills,

Hope this helped.

I considered him, dude, but he might not be as good a prospect as you're thinking.

Well we wouldnt need him to produce right away. The Eags signed Sopoaga from the 49ers to hold the fort at NT for a couple of seasons...but if you wanted us to get a 5 tech DE I suggest a smaller DT in the second round....
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnyEagles wrote:
Suffering_Bills wrote:
JohnyEagles wrote:
Hey Suffering Bills,

Hope this helped.

Well we wouldnt need him to produce right away. The Eags signed Sopoaga from the 49ers to hold the fort at NT for a couple of seasons...but if you wanted us to get a 5 tech DE I suggest a smaller DT in the second round....

Can't see that much difference between Hankins and Williams as prospects, really. Williams might be more powerful, Hankins the better natural football player.
JohnyEagles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suffering_Bills wrote:
JohnyEagles wrote:
Suffering_Bills wrote:
JohnyEagles wrote:
Hey Suffering Bills,

Hope this helped.

Can't see that much difference between Hankins and Williams as prospects, really. Williams might be more powerful, Hankins the better natural football player.

Yeahhhh maybe im just still riding the Alabama train thinking every player from there will be dominant in the NFL....but if Hankins lasts that far I would take him...
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to note to the other Eagles fans that OSU plays a very similar defense to the "4-3 under" that many believe the Eagles are going to transition to. At OSU Hankins played all over the line and has a ton of experience both at the 0/1 spot and in a 5 tech role similar to what Seattle does with Red Bryant. He would actually be a brilliant pick if the Eagles wanted to go DL in round 2. Versatile, experienced in a similar system, good size, strength and athleticism for the position, coachable, productive. Yep. That would be a good pick and outstanding value in the 2nd.

Fisher wouldn't be my first choice at 4 (I think the "line issues" are overblown due to all the injuries last year - it's depth they need), but I wouldn't hate the pick.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly can't think of a Player from Alabama since their resurgence besides Julio Jones that's had real success in the NFL. Didn't see Mark Barron last season, so he's not included.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draw...weeks ago I would've said win, but I've been cooling off from Fisher as of late and like wabbit said we had no depth behind the early injuries...I wouldn't mind keeping Kelly at RT and maybe looking future LT later in the draft (Marquardt, Braden Brown, Reid Fragel). We have a new OL coach who's pretty good at what he does.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
baconrad3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
I honestly can't think of a Player from Alabama since their resurgence besides Julio Jones that's had real success in the NFL. Didn't see Mark Barron last season, so he's not included.

Dont'a Hightower and Mark Barron were both very good as rookies last year.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: