Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Jake Locker Still Your Guy?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OwNaGe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW Ruskie, I finally figured out who that was in your avatar or w/e it is at the corner right below your name! Can't wait for next season to start on GoT!

My Teams:
Football: Titans
College BBall: Kentucky
College FBall: Alabama
Baseball: Braves
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the huge accuracy issues Locker has shown I'm surprised more people aren't leaning towards him not being the guy.

He has the same issues that people have noticed since he was in college. Why are those issues all the sudden expected to change?
OwNaGe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
With the huge accuracy issues Locker has shown I'm surprised more people aren't leaning towards him not being the guy.

He has the same issues that people have noticed since he was in college. Why are those issues all the sudden expected to change?

Better coaching. I think they can be fixed with better coaching. I also think alot of it at UW had alot to do with his O-Line. However, maybe now that he has a better O-line and it still persists, I'm going with my fall back argument of better coaching Wink

My Teams:
titans0021

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Maybe it's splitting hairs, but Gabbert is better than Weeden, Sanchez, and Locker.

Good comedy here. Laughing
Kidding aside, I would honestly rather have Vince Young starting than Blaine Gabbert heading into this season.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Maybe it's splitting hairs, but Gabbert is better than Weeden, Sanchez, and Locker.

Kidding aside, I would honestly rather have Vince Young starting than Blaine Gabbert heading into this season.

I'd take Sunshine, even if I knew I'd end up with the worst record in the league. At least I'd be able to try and fix the problem taking a QB high the following year, than waiting for something to click that never will.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

I'd take Sunshine, even if I knew I'd end up with the worst record in the league. At least I'd be able to try and fix the problem taking a QB high the following year, than waiting for something to click that never will.
I suppose, if the attempt is to lose as many games as possible to be in a position to draft his replacement, then Gabbert is definitely the choice. Laughing
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. He didn't show me much last season. My guy is wishing for a job in FA. Bring back the real #10! Or give Rusty a shot.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible for us to have a winning season and Locker struggle?
or
Is it possible for Locker to have a great season and we lose, with Munchak fired?

Just a question to throw out....
I know Locker and Munchak are tied together for the most part. So I curious if Locker has an awesome season but team doesn't win, is Munchak back?
or
If team wins but does it in spite of Locker, like we did with the "Fake/Former #10."

But on topic of the thread, Locker is the guy until he, isn't the guy. I'd support whatever starter we roll out there. Might not like it, but I'd hope for the best for anyone. I recognize no one guy can win/lose games.

I don't see anyone that I'd rather have right now that is available.
TT4Life7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
No. He didn't show me much last season. My guy is wishing for a job in FA. Bring back the real #10! Or give Rusty a shot.

I so hope that was sarcasm.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
or
Is it possible for Locker to have a great season and we lose, with Munchak fired?

I'd go with YES and then NO. I think it's conceivable that Locker could struggle, be replaced either through ineffectiveness or injury, and Fitzpatrick comes in to lead us to a winning record and perhaps playoff berth. In that scenario, I would imagine a team finishing strong would not replace its head coach.

On the other hand, if Jake has a "great" season and we lose, that would have to be on the defense and I think the argument would be, "Ok, we've fixed the offense - now let's give Munch an offseason to focus on fixing the defense and then we'll be a title contender." I can't see the offense clicking at the end of the year and that leading to a Munch firing.

Just my two cents.

Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories. - John Wilmot
TT4Life7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
or

Just a question to throw out....
I know Locker and Munchak are tied together for the most part. So I curious if Locker has an awesome season but team doesn't win, is Munchak back?
or
If team wins but does it in spite of Locker, like we did with the "Fake/Former #10."

But on topic of the thread, Locker is the guy until he, isn't the guy. I'd support whatever starter we roll out there. Might not like it, but I'd hope for the best for anyone. I recognize no one guy can win/lose games.

I don't see anyone that I'd rather have right now that is available.

Its hard for me to see us excel next year without MUCH improvement from Locker. Even if we were to put Locker in a "game managing" role (and had a great season), I'd expect Locker's numbers to be decent.

With that said, I hope that's not the case. I want to KNOW whether we have our franchise guy by this time next year. I kind of want to see the team thrown on his back once in awhile and see what he does with it. Evaluating Locker next season, should he put moderate to decent numbers (as a "game manager"), would be even more difficult than this offseason. Think Alex Smith in '11. Was he the future? There was much debate with that. He had decent numbers, but in the end they went in a different direction. I don't want more questions regarding Locker next season.

At this time next year, if he's the guy, great. Let's build more pieces around him. If he's not the guy, ok. Lets move forward and try and FINALLY get our franchise QB.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

I'd say they pretty much all suck equally so far, but I would rather have Locker over all those guys because I would say he has a better chance to improve more than all those guys.

Until he blunders his way to something resembling the butt-fumble I'm not going to knock Locker down to Sanchez's level... and I'm not much of a Locker believer.
justing101

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
justing101 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

I'd say they pretty much all suck equally so far, but I would rather have Locker over all those guys because I would say he has a better chance to improve more than all those guys.

Until he blunders his way to something resembling the butt-fumble I'm not going to knock Locker down to Sanchez's level... and I'm not much of a Locker believer.

Yeah true. I'm not huge on Locker right now but I think we can all be thankful that we do not have one Mark Sanchez on our team.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT4Life7 wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:

I never joke when speaking about the champ. Nor should you.
OwNaGe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
TT4Life7 wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:

I never joke when speaking about the champ. Nor should you.

APRIL FOOLS!! Right?? Confused

Jake Locker > VY Cool

My Teams:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: