Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Jake Locker Still Your Guy?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prozac77

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like others have said, I want him to be. I mean you see the flashes of what he is capable of. That TD pass to Washington against New England and that first half against the Colts and that big run against the Dolphins immediately come to mind. Moments of brilliance. Plays like those give me hope that he can do it and be our guy.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OwNaGe wrote:
Locker can be a top 10 QB in the league. Just gotta give him some time guys! Jeez, as patient as you all were with VY, be patient with Locker. I see some serious talent and potential there. I think this year will show that Locker will be the man in TN for years to come.

I see the talent and potential as well, but unlike Young, it seems as though Locker isn't able to come through in the clutch, and also (maybe I'm overanalyzing it) but it seems like his accuracy issues are more glaring.

I really hope he can prove me wrong and establish himself. But I'm not going to be shocked if he flops.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe he can be our franchise guy, but I'm still not overly confident that he will be. His accuracy looked worse this last year than it did as a rookie, and I just didn't see the improvement I would've hoped.

With the above said, this will be his make or break year. I fully expect us to take a guard and a wide receiver at some point in the first three rounds and much of this offseason has been based around adding to the offense and attempting to make things easier on Jake. If he struggles next year as the team finishes below .500, I'm not sure he'll ever start another game in Nashville simply because that will almost certainly lead to a coaching change.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 3 receptions, 63 yards, 0 touchdowns
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
-Munch-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone else watch the Ryan Fitzpatrick interview? It was on the 25th I guess. I'm just a really big fan of that guy. I think what he's going to bring into the quarterback room is going to be a huge boost for Jake this season. Not to mention the additions of Walker, Greene, and LeVitre (plus the draft). He's a guy who fits and matches Jake's style 20x better than Hasselbeck could. I think they're going to get along really well.

So my opinion, Jake is the franchise guy. People are judging too harshly after one season, a season where really the whole team was in constant disarray. Give me Jake over any other young QB in this league right now, I really mean that. He might not be the most talented all around but I still totally love what he brings to the field and can't wait to watch what he does in the future.
justing101

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Munch- wrote:
Did anyone else watch the Ryan Fitzpatrick interview? It was on the 25th I guess. I'm just a really big fan of that guy. I think what he's going to bring into the quarterback room is going to be a huge boost for Jake this season. Not to mention the additions of Walker, Greene, and LeVitre (plus the draft). He's a guy who fits and matches Jake's style 20x better than Hasselbeck could. I think they're going to get along really well.

So my opinion, Jake is the franchise guy. People are judging too harshly after one season, a season where really the whole team was in constant disarray. Give me Jake over any other young QB in this league right now, I really mean that. He might not be the most talented all around but I still totally love what he brings to the field and can't wait to watch what he does in the future.

I would MUCH rather have Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick, Andrew Luck, or even broken RG3 lol

I hope Jake can get it together this year though. He honestly was terrible last year, but he also did not have much help. We should have a much better idea about him after this year.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I'm saying is if Jake Locker goes down this season, Ryan Fitzpatrick won't let him have his starting job back.
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
-Munch- wrote:

I would MUCH rather have Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick, Andrew Luck, or even broken RG3 lol
Agreed. I'd take Russell over any young QB in the league.

But yeah, Jake wouldn't be even close to the top of my list. Kaep, Luck, Wilson, Newton, Stafford and I'm sure a few others I am certainly forgetting would all go above him in my mind.

Quote:

I hope Jake can get it together this year though. He honestly was terrible last year, but he also did not have much help.

I thought he actually looked pretty good for the first few weeks. And then he messed up his shoulder, missed some time and then came back to an injury plagued offensive line and clearly lacked confidence. The shoulder injury really doomed what looked to be a big step forward last year. Hopefully an entire offseason as the unquestioned starter will allow him to build off of the start rather than off of the finish.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
-Munch-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but Jake is cooler than all those guys
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Munch- wrote:
Oh how I wish that was true. Not even the coolest #10 of the last five years.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... how quickly people forget. Young... really? The same guy with that 9:17 ration in his second season?

I'm not saying Jake Locker is going to be the answer... that's left to be answered... and I think we get the answer this year. Wasn't Young's 3rd season the shoulder pad meltdown? No wait... that was his 5th year meltdown... 3rd year was the suicide scare.

Yeah... I know... let's bring that guy back!!

Whether Locker pans out or not has no bearing on Young. That guy had all the talent yet no mental or emotional fortitude. Locker has the toughness and grit... the question is can his talent and style translate? He's still my guy... and I want him to be the face of the franchise for the next 10 years. But if he doesn't pan out, it wasn't because he thought of quitting at any point. And I'll take that over a quitter any day of the week and 5 times on Sundays.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
Wow... how quickly people forget. Young... really? The same guy with that 9:17 ration in his second season?

I'm not saying Jake Locker is going to be the answer... that's left to be answered... and I think we get the answer this year. Wasn't Young's 3rd season the shoulder pad meltdown? No wait... that was his 5th year meltdown... 3rd year was the suicide scare.

Yeah... I know... let's bring that guy back!!

Whether Locker pans out or not has no bearing on Young. That guy had all the talent yet no mental or emotional fortitude. Locker has the toughness and grit... the question is can his talent and style translate? He's still my guy... and I want him to be the face of the franchise for the next 10 years. But if he doesn't pan out, it wasn't because he thought of quitting at any point. And I'll take that over a quitter any day of the week and 5 times on Sundays.

This x1000. It's refreshing to know we have a guy who wouldn't ever fail due to a lack of effort. Maybe he makes it, maybe he doesn't. At least we know we have someone giving their all to be great.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
-Munch-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
-Munch- wrote:
Oh how I wish that was true. Not even the coolest #10 of the last five years.

I almost fell out of my chair. Wow. Funniest thing i've seen.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Maybe it's splitting hairs, but Gabbert is better than Weeden, Sanchez, and Locker.

Good comedy here. Laughing
justing101

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Maybe it's splitting hairs, but Gabbert is better than Weeden, Sanchez, and Locker.

Good comedy here. Laughing

I'd say they pretty much all suck equally so far, but I would rather have Locker over all those guys because I would say he has a better chance to improve more than all those guys.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
OwNaGe wrote:
Locker can be a top 10 QB in the league. Just gotta give him some time guys! Jeez, as patient as you all were with VY, be patient with Locker. I see some serious talent and potential there. I think this year will show that Locker will be the man in TN for years to come.

I see the talent and potential as well, but unlike Young, it seems as though Locker isn't able to come through in the clutch, and also (maybe I'm overanalyzing it) but it seems like his accuracy issues are more glaring.

I really hope he can prove me wrong and establish himself. But I'm not going to be shocked if he flops.

I agree with you to a certain extent but I still think he can fix those problems and I think they will be fixed by the end of next year. Maybe wishful thinking but I love my team and maybe its my heart talking out of my head lol.

My Teams:
Football: Titans
College BBall: Kentucky
College FBall: Alabama
Baseball: Braves

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: