Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preliminary, one-month-out mock. Three rounds, now.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
So sweeps are the only runs to the weakside? Got it. I know you're not that ignorant.

Weakside trap... strong side guard pulls, center and weakside guard block down and there goes the pulling guard through the B gap. That's where our WLB comes in and takes on the guard, freeing up our MLB to go for the ball carrier.

ANY weakside LB taking on a GUARD on a sweep is usually a mismatch... Rolling Eyes
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's a mismatch. Offenses always try to take advantage of mismatches. It doesn't change the fact that it's still the WLB's job to take on the block, fill the lane, and give up as little ground as possible (in the case of the Vikings scheme).

It's not always a guard, sometimes it's a fullback. You're rolling your eyes without bringing up a valid counter argument that suggests Greene can fill those shoes. I'm bringing up points as to why he wouldn't be a fit.

All you have to say is that you think Greene can do that job, and find something to back it up (FYI, tackles isn't a good choice). Greene, as a WILL, is a good player and would be best cast in a 40 front that protects their WILL or, in the case of the Vikings scheme, as a SAM backer.
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Yes, it's a mismatch. Offenses always try to take advantage of mismatches. It doesn't change the fact that it's still the WLB's job to take on the block, fill the lane, and give up as little ground as possible (in the case of the Vikings scheme).

It's not always a guard, sometimes it's a fullback. You're rolling your eyes without bringing up a valid counter argument that suggests Greene can fill those shoes. I'm bringing up points as to why he wouldn't be a fit.

All you have to say is that you think Greene can do that job, and find something to back it up (FYI, tackles isn't a good choice). Greene, as a WILL, is a good player and would be best cast in a 40 front that protects their WILL or, in the case of the Vikings scheme, as a SAM backer.

Why not give him a try and see if he can do it? Very Happy
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different for the Packers, but I could dig it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suffering_Bills wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

Why not give him a try and see if he can do it? Very Happy

Based on what I've already seen it's not going to be something he'll ever really excel at. He plays more like a safety in the box.

If the Vikings want to take him, shift Greenway to the WILL, shift Henderson to the MIKE, and feel that gives the team the best chance to succeed I'd be all for it.
Forge

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure that Jenkins is a first round pick at this point, I think he and some of the other DT/NT guys are slipping, but I'd be okay with this draft.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of this draft at all. I like Floyd but Star and Richardson are better DTs and Star should be the pick. Hunt in the 2nd is too much a risk. Warford would be great. Not a fan of grabbing a TE that high. We brought in Walker and still have Stevens. Both are great blockers and can help in the pass-game when needed. Plus we love last years 5th round pick Taylor Thompson as our future at TE. Poyer or Okafor would be great there. Solid comp. pick with Swope. Gives us a slot WR we're looking for.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Snake Plissken

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too many questionable picks for Vikings when it comes to bpa, need, fit, value.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving this mock. Three very good selections.

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the bengals draft keeps going. Adding Bray would be ideal in the third after three great earlier picks.
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
And the bengals draft keeps going. Adding Bray would be ideal in the third after three great earlier picks.

Thank you. Smile
mlucas12002

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done for Cleveland.
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlucas12002 wrote:
Well done for Cleveland.

Thanks, bra.
broadwayjoe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Jets Draft Reply with quote

This would be an interesting draft for the Jets if Jordan fell to 9 and Collins was available in the 3rd round. That might be the pass rushing duo they need and i would be on board with that. Their draft would look alot better if at 39, they took Ertz or Lacy or Hopkins or a Tackle/Guard. You have all those available and I would jump on them and forget Manuel. The QB's are sooo iffy this year and the Jets have gaps, therefore they cannot afford to miss with their top 3 picks. Understand that their biggest gap is at QB but maybe a veteran or 2014 draft for that. You are likely right that all these QB's get taken ..but for the Jets i hope they pass.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnesota doesn't need a 3rd string QB in round 2. We desperately need a MLB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: