Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preliminary, one-month-out mock. Three rounds, now.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suffering_Bills wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
EXCELLENT job not gigivn Geno to the Jaguars. Whether Ansah is the best DE/LEO option is subject to debate, but at least he could warrant a top 5 pick based upon talent/potential, unlike Geno. As for Hankins, I really don't see it for the Jaguars. Not really sure he makes a load of sense and there could be much better options out there at the spot.

"gigivn?" Very Happy
spelling is not always my strong suit when typing. Usually I remember to spellcheck and fix those mistakes, but it is not always so.
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
Suffering_Bills wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
EXCELLENT job not gigivn Geno to the Jaguars. Whether Ansah is the best DE/LEO option is subject to debate, but at least he could warrant a top 5 pick based upon talent/potential, unlike Geno. As for Hankins, I really don't see it for the Jaguars. Not really sure he makes a load of sense and there could be much better options out there at the spot.

"gigivn?" Very Happy
spelling is not always my strong suit when typing. Usually I remember to spellcheck and fix those mistakes, but it is not always so.

I mean, dude, you like BUTCHERED that word. Wink No sweat, though. Like the 3rd-round pick of a cornerback?
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suffering_Bills wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
Suffering_Bills wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:

"gigivn?" Very Happy

I mean, dude, you like BUTCHERED that word. Wink No sweat, though Like the 3rd-round pick of a cornerback?
I REALLY like Ryan, but I think Wreh-Wilson is a better fit for this team. (Tall and physical guy who could excel in press man.)
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
Suffering_Bills wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
Suffering_Bills wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:

"gigivn?" Very Happy

I mean, dude, you like BUTCHERED that word. Wink No sweat, though. Like the 3rd-round pick of a cornerback?
I REALLY like Ryan, but I think Wreh-Wilson is a better fit for this team. (Tall and physical guy who could excel in press man.)

I hear ya. No way of telling who'll be better at this point, so it'll be fun to watch.
star20

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I be happy with that dallas draft they would still need find a DT somewhere but those 3 players would help them greatly.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible... TERRIBLE Vikings 2nd round pick; particularly with a player they like, and could use, Kawann Short, sitting there.

3rd round pick isn't a good one for the Vikings either. Our WLB has to routinely shed blocks and pick up fullbacks. Greene isn't a good fit for that IMO.

Last edited by rpmwr19 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

star20 wrote:
I be happy with that dallas draft they would still need find a DT somewhere but those 3 players would help them greatly.

I'm thinking of a player in mind, already, in the 4th for them.
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Terrible... TERRIBLE Vikings 2nd round pick; particularly with a player they like, and could use, Kawann Short, sitting there.

3rd round pick isn't a good one for the Vikings either. Our WLB has to routinely shed blocks and pick up fullbacks. Greene isn't a good fit for that IMO.

Minnesota is a tough team to mock for, I'll admit. But, allow me to ask you THIS question: Do you really, HONESTLY think Ponder isn't upgradeable.....? Very Happy
Besides THAT, Short has some noted consistency issues.
Greene is a decent value pick in the third.
In closing, I'll say that these picks will change, quite likely, over time.
-Stay mellow.
Wink

Last edited by Suffering_Bills on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ponder is certainly able to be upgraded from, but I don't view Glennon as an upgrade whatsoever. Nor do I view him as a 2nd round pick.

Short has had inconsistencies, but in the 2nd round, at our pick it would be value meeting need.

While Greene is good value it doesn't matter when he doesn't fit the what he would be asked to do.
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Ponder is certainly able to be upgraded from, but I don't view Glennon as an upgrade whatsoever. Nor do I view him as a 2nd round pick.

Short has had inconsistencies, but in the 2nd round, at our pick it would be value meeting need.

While Greene is good value it doesn't matter when he doesn't fit the what he would be asked to do.

Meh. Glennon has an arm that Ponder could only dream of. He could go a LOT higher than where I have him slated in this mock, too. You should be grateful! Very Happy A potential starting, quality QB trumps a halfway-decent DT 100 times out of 99. Wink
Oh, AND, Greene IS a 4-3 OLB, last time I checked. What kind of otherworldly abilities would you be expecting out of him, exactly, in this mysterious Viking's scheme you refer to? Confused
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all 40 fronts are equal... In our 43 the WLB is responsible for taking on blocks, particularly from fullbacks. Erin Henderson is our current WLB and is 6'3, 244 lbs, with long arms. Greene is a smaller, converted safety, that struggles taking on blocks. Not sure why you're so confused. Do you expect him to play at the other OLB spot? Pretty sure Chad Greenway has that locked down.

Glennon certainly has the arm strength on Ponder, but at this point... that's it. Arm strength =/= good QB. Glennon doesn't have a better chance to become a franchise QB because of his arm. Ponder is the better athlete by a mile and that is something the Vikings want out of their QB. While I agree that a potential starting QB > than a DT, adding a QB for the sake of adding a QB is a mistake.

Last edited by rpmwr19 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Not all 40 fronts are equal... In our 43 the WLB is responsible for taking on blocks, particularly from fullbacks. Erin Henderson is our current WLB and is 6'3, 244 lbs, with long arms. Greene is a smaller, converted safety, that struggles taking on blocks. Not sure why you're so confused.

Glennon certainly has the arm strength on Ponder, but at this point... that's it. Arm strength =/= good QB. Glennon doesn't have a better chance to become a franchise QB because of his arm. Ponder is the better athlete by a mile and that is something the Vikings want out of their QB.

And the track record for better athletes playing the QB position is what, exactly? Very Happy Steve Young notwithstanding. Wink
Take a look at Greene's tackle numbers. I think he can play the position fairly well. Unless numbers lie. Greenway might be better at MLB, possibly, as well, might you not think?
EDIT: Please, DO keep in mind, that I am INDEED open to suggestions, and that I don't play favorites when trying to predict a draft. Want the best possible picks for everyone drafting.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not comparing them as QB's, but Ponder and Rodgers have almost identical timed numbers. I wasn't calling Ponder an athlete playing QB, I was saying I would rather have his type of mobility over a skinny pylon in the pocket. Glennon doesn't fit our system.

And you're going to bring up tackle numbers into a debate about scheme? Tackles is an overblown stat especially when a majority of them come 5-10 yards down field. Trust me, we've dealt with Greenway's over-rated tackle numbers for a while. Green is a drag down tackler that takes advantage of his speed. That speed is going to help him fill, and hold, a lane against a fullback our guard which is what he would be asked to do in our system.
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Not comparing them as QB's, but Ponder and Rodgers have almost identical timed numbers. I wasn't calling Ponder an athlete playing QB, I was saying I would rather have his type of mobility over a skinny pylon in the pocket. Glennon doesn't fit our system.

And you're going to bring up tackle numbers into a debate about scheme? Tackles is an overblown stat especially when a majority of them come 5-10 yards down field. Trust me, we've dealt with Greenway's over-rated tackle numbers for a while. Green is a drag down tackler that takes advantage of his speed. That speed is going to help him fill, and hold, a lane against a fullback our guard which is what he would be asked to do in our system.

How many guards do you have leading sweeps against the weak side in your defense? Confused Is this a frequent deal?
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sweeps are the only runs to the weakside? Got it. I know you're not that ignorant.

Weakside trap... strong side guard pulls, center and weakside guard block down and there goes the pulling guard through the B gap. That's where our WLB comes in and takes on the guard, freeing up our MLB to go for the ball carrier.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: