Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darius Heyward Bey Visiting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
detroitroar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
detroitroar wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
detroitroar wrote:
I believe even without any more additions, our Oline will be at least a little better.

How? We've added no one and lost three starters. Fox and Hilliard have done nothing to demonstrate to me that they're starter material, and I don't know who we're going to plug in at that third spot. It's not even like our line was terrible last year. It wasn't great, but I'd say it was adequate; sure, an area in which they'd like to upgrade, but there are many teams worse off than we were. But you cant' simply cut guys and expect their untested backups to be any better. We definitely need to add a tackle and hopefully a guard, too.

How? Mostly by addition by subtraction; cutting Peterman.

Peterman was pathetic last year. I do believe any player on our current roster will do a significantly better job than he did.

While Backus' pass blocking was good last year, his run blocking wasnt. I believe overall Reiff will be better as well.

RT is the most uncertain at this point. But again, Cherilus' pass blocking was good, yet he was about as bad of a run blocking RT there was. I think Fox is plenty good enough to do better, he just needs to stay healthy.

I hope we sign Moore and can draft either Joeckel or Fisher, but even if we cant, I feel better going into this year without Peterman, and committing to Reiff, than what we had last year.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to hope the line could fare better with a different guard starting, but Rodney Austin and Dylan Gandy were on the roster last year and neither of them made a case to be inserted into the lineup ahead of Peterman at any point, so why would you have any reason to believe the line will necessarily be better? Those two are career backups. Peterman isn't good, but it is very possible that the rest of the players on our roster are worse still.

tippitover wrote:
If any even really cares or puts much stock in it, but Mathew Stafford is now following DHB according to Dave birketts twitter. Foreshadowing?

Well, he started following Bush shortly before he got signed . . .

You dont know that. We've all heard Schwartz and staff cram this continuity crap down our throats especially when it comes to the oline.

All of us have known Petermans needed an upgrade for 2 to 3 years, yet there only seeing it now. Its clear they have overvalued the concept of continuity.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:
You dont know that. We've all heard Schwartz and staff cram this continuity crap down our throats especially when it comes to the oline.

All of us have known Petermans needed an upgrade for 2 to 3 years, yet there only seeing it now. Its clear they have overvalued the concept of continuity.

And yet they cut him immediately after the season ended to keep up with "continuity." Look, all I'm saying is that if Peterman was as bad as all of us agree he was, then the coaching staff probably would at least have given someone else on the roster a shot to supplant him. It didn't happen. Therefore, I just don't think you can assume we already have an upgrade available on the roster. Maybe there is; it's a possibility that Nagy or Austin are secretly good. It's absolutely not a certainty, though.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
tippitover

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently had a good visit but is leaving WO a contract supposedly has no other visits lined up after Detroit. All this according to awnar Richardsons twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AnwarRichardson

Thanks to Smack for the sig!

Team Stylish
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tippitover wrote:
Apparently had a good visit but is leaving WO a contract supposedly has no other visits lined up after Detroit. All this according to awnar Richardsons twitter.

I saw that. He said he is heading home to consider the offers he got from us and the Colts.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
detfan782004

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
tippitover wrote:

I saw that. He said he is heading home to consider the offers he got from us and the Colts.

Considering it if it was me I would pick Colts if I wanted to be possible #1

If I wanted to see less coverage I would chose Det

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
holyghost

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duanegarrison09 wrote:
He can't run a route nor can he catch.............perfect fit. Brick wall

Raider fan here - he can run a good route and can catch, somewhat.. Two problems. His speed is relatively useless because he cannot catch in stride, generally deep. It's a decoy, He has amazing speed but is no deep threat of any kind. And 2, he absolutely cannot catch anything contested. And that's his major issue. If he isn't open, he isn't catching it.
ManeLine

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
tippitover wrote:

Reggie Wayne still plays for the Colts. He wouldn't be a #1 there.

Smack

Adopt A Lion - Ryan Broyles
The Lurker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManeLine wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
tippitover wrote:

Reggie Wayne still plays for the Colts. He wouldn't be a #1 there.

Yeah, he'd basically be replacing Donnie Avery. On top of that, T.Y. Hilton looked much better last year than DHB has at any point, so I expect him to be the man when Reggie Wayne eventually regresses or moves on. DHB is a #3 or 4 target at best on either team, even if he lines up at WR2.
38andy38

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2013/03/is_matthew_stafford_predicting.html

Stafford now follows DHB.....if history serves there will be another WR on the roster soon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: