Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darius Heyward Bey Visiting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Irishmouse25

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

his hands have gotten better each year he has been in the league. has he lived up to being the number 7 pick overall? no but that's not what we would be asking him to do. I think he would compliment CJ, Nate and Ryan pretty good.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to add him. I think he will break out in this offense.
DrRay11

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahoda wrote:

Those are my honest feelings on it as well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahoda wrote:

I'm not saying DHB is going to be a great #2 but remember who has been throwing to him in Oakland.
Stafford can deliver to a speedy receiver, we gave Young a chance and he was developing with Stafford, give DHB a chance!

Ravens & Lions
Mavericks & Pistons
dmudd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
ahoda wrote:

thats three of us
duanegarrison09

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He can't run a route nor can he catch.............perfect fit. Brick wall
DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love this signing.
lions on top

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmudd wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
ahoda wrote:

thats three of us

I agree, though I wouldn't necessarily say break out. I read a PFF article on him recently and his hands being terrible is really blown out of proportion. He was actually about average if not slightly below if I remember last year in drop percentage. Early in his career he couldn't catch anything but now I think it's more people attributing his high draft status and early career lows. He's a protypical size and has amazing speed for a #2. I'd love to give him a cheap chance. He seems like a great fit for what we're trying to get. Still likely we take a receiver early-ish but this just gives the rookie/Broyles with injury some more time.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lions on top wrote:
dmudd wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
ahoda wrote:

thats three of us

I agree, though I wouldn't necessarily say break out. I read a PFF article on him recently and his hands being terrible is really blown out of proportion. He was actually about average if not slightly below if I remember last year in drop percentage. Early in his career he couldn't catch anything but now I think it's more people attributing his high draft status and early career lows. He's a protypical size and has amazing speed for a #2. I'd love to give him a cheap chance. He seems like a great fit for what we're trying to get. Still likely we take a receiver early-ish but this just gives the rookie/Broyles with injury some more time.

I'd love to add Darrius Heyward Bey! I think if we ran him on the outside opposite of Calvin and had Burelson on the inside until Broyals is healthy our WRs would be pretty nasty. The thing is everyone is making a big deal about DHB not having the best hands, but in our offense, he will literally only need to catch about 50 passes to have him be effective. DHB will mainly just try to expand the defense for our underneath routes for Bush, Broyals, Burelson, Pettigrew, and Scheffler.

Heyward Bey has decent hands, plus two years ago he had almost 1000 yards receiving so while he may not be a #1 WR, but for us I truly feel like he will be a solid #2 or 3 option working on the outside.

If our offense can add Heyward Bey and Brandon Moore, I think we have all the potential in the world to have a top 3 offense in the NFL.
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Delmas26 wrote:
If our offense can add Heyward Bey and Brandon Moore, I think we have all the potential in the world to have a top 3 offense in the NFL.

Man, three years ago I would have laughed so hard at anyone making this type of a suggestion. But knowing what we did in 2011 with basically the same offense . . . yeah, that could happen.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
detroitroar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
Louis Delmas26 wrote:

Man, three years ago I would have laughed so hard at anyone making this type of a suggestion. But knowing what we did in 2011 with basically the same offense . . . yeah, that could happen.

I honestly think we have the potential without those guys.

In fact, even without them I fully expect to be at least top 5.

I believe even without any more additions, our Oline will be at least a little better.

I fully expect Stafford to be better.

I fully expect Linehan to be better as well.

Being said, I still really hope we can add Moore.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:
I believe even without any more additions, our Oline will be at least a little better.

How? We've added no one and lost three starters. Fox and Hilliard have done nothing to demonstrate to me that they're starter material, and I don't know who we're going to plug in at that third spot. It's not even like our line was terrible last year. It wasn't great, but I'd say it was adequate; sure, an area in which they'd like to upgrade, but there are many teams worse off than we were. But you cant' simply cut guys and expect their untested backups to be any better. We definitely need to add a tackle and hopefully a guard, too.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

detroitroar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
detroitroar wrote:

How? We've added no one and lost three starters. Fox and Hilliard have done nothing to demonstrate to me that they're starter material, and I don't know who we're going to plug in at that third spot. It's not even like our line was terrible last year. It wasn't great, but I'd say it was adequate; sure, an area in which they'd like to upgrade, but there are many teams worse off than we were. But you cant' simply cut guys and expect their untested backups to be any better. We definitely need to add a tackle and hopefully a guard, too.

How? Mostly by addition by subtraction; cutting Peterman.

Peterman was pathetic last year. I do believe any player on our current roster will do a significantly better job than he did.

While Backus' pass blocking was good last year, his run blocking wasnt. I believe overall Reiff will be better as well.

RT is the most uncertain at this point. But again, Cherilus' pass blocking was good, yet he was about as bad of a run blocking RT there was. I think Fox is plenty good enough to do better, he just needs to stay healthy.

I hope we sign Moore and can draft either Joeckel or Fisher, but even if we cant, I feel better going into this year without Peterman, and committing to Reiff, than what we had last year.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
tippitover

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If any even really cares or puts much stock in it, but Mathew Stafford is now following DHB according to Dave birketts twitter. Foreshadowing?

Thanks to Smack for the sig!

Team Stylish
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
detroitroar wrote:

How? Mostly by addition by subtraction; cutting Peterman.

Peterman was pathetic last year. I do believe any player on our current roster will do a significantly better job than he did.

While Backus' pass blocking was good last year, his run blocking wasnt. I believe overall Reiff will be better as well.

RT is the most uncertain at this point. But again, Cherilus' pass blocking was good, yet he was about as bad of a run blocking RT there was. I think Fox is plenty good enough to do better, he just needs to stay healthy.

I hope we sign Moore and can draft either Joeckel or Fisher, but even if we cant, I feel better going into this year without Peterman, and committing to Reiff, than what we had last year.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to hope the line could fare better with a different guard starting, but Rodney Austin and Dylan Gandy were on the roster last year and neither of them made a case to be inserted into the lineup ahead of Peterman at any point, so why would you have any reason to believe the line will necessarily be better? Those two are career backups. Peterman isn't good, but it is very possible that the rest of the players on our roster are worse still.

tippitover wrote:
If any even really cares or puts much stock in it, but Mathew Stafford is now following DHB according to Dave birketts twitter. Foreshadowing?

Well, he started following Bush shortly before he got signed . . .

MrDrew wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: