Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GFW's New 7 Rounds With Comp Picks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phinsfan93

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami Dolphins
1 *Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State
2 Terron Armstead OT Arkansas-Pine Bluff
2 *Zach Ertz TE Stanford
3 *David Amerson CB North Carolina State
3 Johnathan Franklin RB UCLA
4 Devin Taylor DE South Carolina

Up to here makes sense although I'd rather Robert Alford than Amerson.

5 *Jelani Jenkins OLB Florida
5 Lavar Edwards DE LSU
7 *Marquess Wilson WR Washington State
7 *Stansly Maponga DE TCU
7 Kahlid Wooten CB Nevada

2 OLBs, 2 DEs, and another CB isn't necessary. Could use those on bigger needs such as OG, FS, and ILB.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By far the best Redskins draft Ive seen. I could definitely live with that draft outcome.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pittsburgh Steelers
1 *Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee
2 Jonathan Cyprien SS Florida International
3 Trevardo Williams OLB Connecticut
4 Landry Jones QB Oklahoma
5 *Tharold Simon CB LSU
6 Vince Williams ILB Florida State
6 Zac Stacy RB Vanderbilt
7 Ray Graham RB Pittsburgh

Nice draft but here are a few changes that I personally would like to see.

Patterson is great in the 1st. If they go Offense in the 1st a play maker is needed.

2nd, I like Cyprien but the way your draft falls I would rather have Jamie Collins.

3rd, Again if it falls your way I would have no complaints about Williams but in my scenario since Collins was in the 2nd I would take Shamarko Thomas. IMO the perfect replacement of Troy.

4th Jones is nice but would rather have someone that could compete for a starting spot. I know Marcus Lattimore probably wont be ready for the start of the season but I think he would be perfect for the Steelers O. Randle or Ball wouldn't be bad either

5th, Again Simon would get no complaints from me but Dysert would be the guy that I take. I think playing behind Ben would make a huge impact on his career and development.

6th, Vince Williams is perfect with the first pick. Would rather see Joseph Fauria TE with the 2nd. Should be able to contribute until Heath makes it back.

7th, No to Graham. I would love Brandon Kaufmann WR here. Could grow into a possession receiver and red zone threat. Take that role over after Plaxico leaves.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
mlucas12002

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done for Cleveland
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
Pittsburgh Steelers
1 *Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee
2 Jonathan Cyprien SS Florida International
3 Trevardo Williams OLB Connecticut
4 Landry Jones QB Oklahoma
5 *Tharold Simon CB LSU
6 Vince Williams ILB Florida State
6 Zac Stacy RB Vanderbilt
7 Ray Graham RB Pittsburgh

Nice draft but here are a few changes that I personally would like to see.

Patterson is great in the 1st. If they go Offense in the 1st a play maker is needed.

2nd, I like Cyprien but the way your draft falls I would rather have Jamie Collins.

3rd, Again if it falls your way I would have no complaints about Williams but in my scenario since Collins was in the 2nd I would take Shamarko Thomas. IMO the perfect replacement of Troy.

4th Jones is nice but would rather have someone that could compete for a starting spot. I know Marcus Lattimore probably wont be ready for the start of the season but I think he would be perfect for the Steelers O. Randle or Ball wouldn't be bad either

5th, Again Simon would get no complaints from me but Dysert would be the guy that I take. I think playing behind Ben would make a huge impact on his career and development.

6th, Vince Williams is perfect with the first pick. Would rather see Joseph Fauria TE with the 2nd. Should be able to contribute until Heath makes it back.

7th, No to Graham. I would love Brandon Kaufmann WR here. Could grow into a possession receiver and red zone threat. Take that role over after Plaxico leaves.

Great feedback - cheers.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: GFW's New 7 Rounds With Comp Picks Reply with quote

7DnBrnc53 wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:

Round 1
28. Denver Broncos - *Damontre Moore DE - Texas A&M
Round 2
28. Denver Broncos - John Jenkins DT - Georgia

Round 3
28. Denver Broncos - Bacarri Rambo FS - Georgia

Round 4
28. Denver Broncos - *Marcus Lattimore RB - South Carolina

Round 5
28. Denver Broncos - Sanders Commings CB - Georgia

Round 7
28. Denver Broncos - *Cierre Wood RB - Notre Dame

Like this better, no on Moore in the 2nd, we're good at OLB with WW and Miller

I agree with you on Sio. I would put Lattimore in the second round with who I saw taken after him, though.

Sio can play ILB too.
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, not sure if you noticed that Eifert gets drafted twice in the first round.

Quote:
Green Bay Packers
1 Datone Jones DE UCLA
2 *Robert Woods WR Southern California
3 *Travis Frederick C Wisconsin
4 Montee Ball RB Wisconsin
5 Robert Lester SS Alabama
5 Quanterus Smith DE Western Kentucky
6 Dustin Hopkins K Florida State
7 Zach Sudfeld TE Nevada

Jones isn't a player I'm fond of for the Packers defense. Strikes me as a little undersized for what we're looking to do at the RDE position, which is also a position we've been using a lot of early picks on in the past couple drafts. Could be a worse selection here though as those early selections have spent more time off the field than on. If I had it my way, Elam is decent value here and Jesse Williams would be a better fit at the position.

Robert Woods would simply be a great pick with our second. The guy at that spot is tremendous value and gives us size, length, speed, and pro-readiness.

Frederick is also great value. I have some concerns about his athleticism and strength, but at this slot we could do much worse than this guy as someone to compete with EDS for the starting position.

Montee Ball has been a polarizing name in the Packers forum, and while he isn't my favorite back this season, but in this spot (and with personal favorite Christine Michael off the board) he's a good value. The 4th is about where I would start considering drafting a back in this year's draft (I don't value the position highly) and Ball is good value there.

I wish we would have targeted a safety before the fifth, but Lester is a perfect fit for what we're looking to do with the position. A true centerfielder with excellent size and good athleticism, he would compete with McMillian and Dr Jennings for the starting spot and could impact right away. Great pick.

Quanterus Smith is an enigma. He appears to be a good fit for our OLB position. Thing is, after the ACL tear and no workouts, he's a huge injury risk. We don't even know how good his workouts are/would have been. The guy was a terror as a pass rusher, however, and improved each year in college. It's a position of limited depth on this team, so he would definitely be welcome to try for a spot. In the late fifth, this is a decent pick.

Not a huge fan of using a 6th rounder on a kicker, despite Crosby's troubles. Ted has found a lot of valuable positional players in the 6th, and wasting one of those opportunities on a kicker is less than ideal in my opinion. Other Packers fans may disagree with me.

Tight end is another position I'd be interested in targeting earlier, but Sudfield is just OK here. I'd have preferred Otten (even with a fifth rounder), but after his impressive pro day he likely won't be available here. Sudfeld has great size to develop into a genuine dual-threat blocking/receiver, and he has good hands and nice athletic ability. Easily could replace the departed Tom Crabtree.

Best picks are probably Woods, Frederick and Lester. Worst ones are probably Jones and Hopkins. I'd rate it a B+ for the Pack.

JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacksonville Jaguars
1 *Dee Milliner CB Alabama -- YUCK!! Not a fit for the scheme. This team will actually be getting a better play for their team if they take a CB at #33 like Banks or Amerson or Wreh-Wilson. Rather than Milliner here and Okafor at #33, they would be better off getting a DE here like Ansah or Jordan and then one of the aforementioned CBs at #33
2 Alex Okafor DE Texas -- as pointed out above, not a great pick
3 Mike Glennon QB North Carolina State -- I like Glennon, but I think this team could be better off with a guy like Matt Scott if QB is the pick in the 3rd round
4 David Quessenberry OT San Jose State -- love the pick!
5 Marquise Goodwin WR Texas -- spankingly awesome pick although I am not sure he lasts this far.
6 Garrett Gilkey OG Chadron State -- alright. good player who could contrbiute
7 Eric Martin OLB Nebraska -- I actually am not so familiar with him, so I cannot really comment
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Richardson pick but rather have Star. Hate the 2nd round pick. Makes no sense. We're not giving up on Locker especially not for a bum like Barkley. We have a good backup in Fitzpatrick as well. Jonathan Cyprien would be great here. Gives us a safety for the future. His first year he'll learn alot from Pollard and Georhe Wilson while playing some. Great pick in the 3rd with Thomas. Gives us our RG going forward. With the repick of Cyprien in the 2nd no need for another. Gratz would be great there. Not a fan of the 4th round pick in Michael. Much rather take Lattimore. I'll take the risk for the by far better player. Gives us a RB in case Shonn Greene doesn't workout. Great 5th round pick. Gives us great depth. With the repick of Gratz in the 4th, no need for another CB, I'd go with Jasper Collins. The 7th round picks are great picks as they improve the depth and Fauria gives us a huge redzone target with alot of potential.
mr fluffles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suffering_Bills wrote:
EccentricFan wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
How is TJ Graham in anyway similar to Tavon Austin? I really respect your opinion, but I believe hes a better prospect than the others you mention especially with the way the league is going running more option concepts.

I think he just means that both are on the short side but are blazing fast. That said, I don't think Buddy would take him in the first. He's always been pretty honest about the type of player he wants, and on the WR front, he currently wants a tall, fast receiver.

As for the option part, I don't think it's wise to be coming into that a year late to the part with defenses across the league working on how to shut it down, and without a QB who can match the level of those who made it effective.

And as deep as WR is, unless Nix really falls in love with a big, fast WR prospect, I think he fills one of the other holes, where I do believe there are prospects better than Austin available.

Pretty much what you said.

I think Eccentric fan nailed it. I like the rest of the draft though.
oland11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the later round Eagles picks. But not Dion Jordan.
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please justify

1 Dion Jordan over Eric Fisher
2 *Justin Hunter over Eric Reid
-
4 *David Bakhtiari over Vance McDonald
5 Cooper Taylor over Tharold Simon
6 Jeff Baca as the Eagles don't have a 6th
-
7 Josh Johnson over Zach Sudfeld
7 Michael Williams over Mark Harrison
7 Jakar Hamilton over Joe Kruger
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Sandybaby716"]First of all, not sure if you noticed that Eifert gets drafted twice in the first round.

Quote:
Green Bay Packers
1 Datone Jones DE UCLA
2 *Robert Woods WR Southern California
3 *Travis Frederick C Wisconsin
4 Montee Ball RB Wisconsin
5 Robert Lester SS Alabama
5 Quanterus Smith DE Western Kentucky
6 Dustin Hopkins K Florida State
7 Zach Sudfeld TE Nevada

Jones isn't a player I'm fond of for the Packers defense. Strikes me as a little undersized for what we're looking to do at the RDE position, which is also a position we've been using a lot of early picks on in the past couple drafts. Could be a worse selection here though as those early selections have spent more time off the field than on. If I had it my way, Elam is decent value here and Jesse Williams would be a better fit at the position.

Robert Woods would simply be a great pick with our second. The guy at that spot is tremendous value and gives us size, length, speed, and pro-readiness.

Frederick is also great value. I have some concerns about his athleticism and strength, but at this slot we could do much worse than this guy as someone to compete with EDS for the starting position.

Montee Ball has been a polarizing name in the Packers forum, and while he isn't my favorite back this season, but in this spot (and with personal favorite Christine Michael off the board) he's a good value. The 4th is about where I would start considering drafting a back in this year's draft (I don't value the position highly) and Ball is good value there.

I wish we would have targeted a safety before the fifth, but Lester is a perfect fit for what we're looking to do with the position. A true centerfielder with excellent size and good athleticism, he would compete with McMillian and Dr Jennings for the starting spot and could impact right away. Great pick.

Quanterus Smith is an enigma. He appears to be a good fit for our OLB position. Thing is, after the ACL tear and no workouts, he's a huge injury risk. We don't even know how good his workouts are/would have been. The guy was a terror as a pass rusher, however, and improved each year in college. It's a position of limited depth on this team, so he would definitely be welcome to try for a spot. In the late fifth, this is a decent pick.

Not a huge fan of using a 6th rounder on a kicker, despite Crosby's troubles. Ted has found a lot of valuable positional players in the 6th, and wasting one of those opportunities on a kicker is less than ideal in my opinion. Other Packers fans may disagree with me.

Tight end is another position I'd be interested in targeting earlier, but Sudfield is just OK here. I'd have preferred Otten (even with a fifth rounder), but after his impressive pro day he likely won't be available here. Sudfeld has great size to develop into a genuine dual-threat blocking/receiver, and he has good hands and nice athletic ability. Easily could replace the departed Tom Crabtree.

Best picks are probably Woods, Frederick and Lester. Worst ones are probably Jones and Hopkins. I'd rate it a B+ for the Pack.[/quote

Great FB - cheers.
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: GFW's New 7 Rounds With Comp Picks Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
San Francisco 49ers
1 *Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame
2 Margus Hunt DE Southern Methodist
2 *Sam Montgomery DE/OLB LSU
3 Phillip Thomas FS Fresno State
3 Aaron Dobson WR Marshall
4 *Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina
4 Shawn Williams SS Georgia
5 *Kwame Geathers DT Georgia
5 Zac Dysert QB Miami (Ohio)
6 *Steve Williams CB California
6 Caleb Sturgis K Florida
7 *Nickell Robey CB Southern C

Not a fan. A lot of people like Eifert, I just think the 49ers offense is good as it is, and we can get a suitable te #2 in round 3 (Kelce, MacDonald, Escobar). It's the law of diminishing returns to me; while Eifert is completely worth the pick there, we are not going to get nearly the return on that investment as another team would.

Hunt is probably my least favorite prospect in this draft along with Elam and Hankins. I wouldn't touch him before round three. Our biggest need is a safety, we'll will be drafting one with the first two picks, I'm sure.

I'm intrigued by Montgomery's talent, no question, but i think his interviews and work ethic questions will push him even further down than this. I'd be okay with the pick if they made it here, but not my favorite.

I like Thomas and agree that there is value here, but i don't think he's nearly as good as the top safeties; with as many picks as we have, i don't think it makes any sense to not draft our biggest need until round 3 and let superior prospects pass by. Dobson is a very solid pick. I like him.

Lattimore is an awesome pick. Love it. Williams is okay value; I like the idea of doubling down on safety this year for the 49ers with Whitner being a free agent next year, just not a fan of the combo you have selected for us.

Gathers is a solid pick, I wouldn't complain. Dysert I'm not a fan of and I don't think he fits anywhere close to what the 49ers look for in a quarterback. He has absolutely no mobility or atheticism. Even Alex Smith had a good amount of Athleticism.

Sturgis doesn't really make a whole lot of sense for us given that we signed Dawson; we aren't going to carry 2 kickers, and you don't sign a kicker to a 2.5 million dollar contract to have him "compete". if that were the case, we would have signed a josh brown/nate kaeding type and let them compete in camp. You don't stash kickers on the practice squad, so this is kind of a wasted pick.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
mlucas12002

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done for Cleveland. The only thing I might change is the later pick in the 6th...since our infinitely moronic front office let Phil Dawson go, we need a kicker, so I would probably take Caleb Sturgis there. Not a big gripe, but it's about the only thing I can disagree with on your draft. Good job.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: