Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GFW's New 7 Rounds With Comp Picks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Dee doesn't fit the new press scheme, if you go CB at 2, give us Rhodes.

Again, Okafor doesn't fit the scheme, any one of Armstead, Swearinger, Short, or Collins all fit better at 33.

If you give us a QB, Tyler Wilson is a better fit for Fisch's offense.

In the 6th give us Jamison/Stacy.

7th, there are rumors we are infatuated with Keelan Johnson, but the pick is fine.

#JDI
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oakland Raiders
1 *Sharrif Floyd DT Florida
3 Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State
4 John Simon DE Ohio State
6 Ricky Wagner OT Wisconsin
6 Chris Gragg TE Arkansas
7 Travis Johnson OLB San Jose State
7 Kenjon Barner RB Oregon

Pretty bad besides Poyer. We are not taking Floyd. Just doesn't make sense.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Patterson in the first. However, if Lacy is still sitting there in the second then he should be the choice. I like Cyprien but Lacy would make an immediate impact. Got to take a potential franchise RB for a team that needs one.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the reigning MVP's sig!
Nobody

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, the Eagles DO NOT own our 7th rounder.

As for the draft,

Indianapolis Colts
1 Desmond Trufant CB Washington- Good pick.

3 Shamarko Thomas SS Syracuse- Don't really need a S, but if we take one he'd have to be a coverage FS kinda guy, to replace Bethea if we let him walk.

4 Brandon Jenkins OLB Florida State- Good pick.

6 Josh Boyd DT Mississippi State- Good pick.

7 Roger Gaines OT Tennessee State- Decent pick.

Give us Earl Watford with our other 7.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working under the assumption that Andre Smith is resigned this is a very good Bengals draft in my opinion, and fairly plausible as well.

Obviously I'd love Arthur Brown at 21 - he's a top five guy in my book, and I expect the Bengals will be high on him as he's versatile (something the Bengals have liked out of LB's) and is a three down backer, something we currently lack in a big way on the roster.

Not a fan of Elam at 37, but I think it's very realistic. We love those SEC players, and Elam is an SEC safety - fills a need for us. Although I'm not sold that we address safety before our later second round pick - historically we haven't valued the position highly.

Lacy is a great selection, he fits what we want to do by getting more physical and improving in the run game and can be a feature back for us, something Jay Gruden has implied he's looking for. I actually think it's very likely we take him at 21, but at this point in the draft I'd expect Marvin and company to not have any hesitation about it.

Alford is an interesting selection. We generally don't like taking small-schoolers, especially non FBS players, early in the draft. In the Marvin Lewis era Jerome Simpson in the second round is the only one I can think of. I also don't think CB will be addressed at all via the draft with so much depth at the position, even if we do lose Terence Newman. I do love Alford though - my #4 CB personally.

Ellington would be a good fit as a COP back, and taking two RB's makes a lot of sense. Goodwin is a very Bengals selection as a toolsy highly touted big school player who underperformed. Also is that hybrid SSDE/three tech player that Zimmer seems to kinda like. Fuller would be a steal, he's a third rounder if you ask me and a smooth player. Longeran I'm not impressed by but a C in the sixth is hard to complain about. Similarly Albert Rosette never stood out to me when I watched Duke Williams at Nevada, can't say I've evaluated him but just my two cents on the guy. Still hard to complain. Juszczyk is maybe my favorite prospect in this draft but I don't think he has a spot on this roster with John Connor and Chris Pressley at FB and Orson Charles making a lot of what he'd do redundant.

Only thing I'd say to make it more realistic is add a QB at some point in the draft - we have scouted them extensively and I think are likely to draft a developmental one. Maybe Bray, Dysert or Landry Jones with our third rounder. Bray has some of the qualities that led to Mike Brown falling for Ryan Mallett and we've shown interest in both Dysert and Jones at their respective pro day's.

Very good mock overall too, not just for the Bengals. I think it's an interesting take on what will unfold.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ark23 wrote:
Working under the assumption that Andre Smith is resigned this is a very good Bengals draft in my opinion, and fairly plausible as well.

Obviously I'd love Arthur Brown at 21 - he's a top five guy in my book, and I expect the Bengals will be high on him as he's versatile (something the Bengals have liked out of LB's) and is a three down backer, something we currently lack in a big way on the roster.

Not a fan of Elam at 37, but I think it's very realistic. We love those SEC players, and Elam is an SEC safety - fills a need for us. Although I'm not sold that we address safety before our later second round pick - historically we haven't valued the position highly.

Lacy is a great selection, he fits what we want to do by getting more physical and improving in the run game and can be a feature back for us, something Jay Gruden has implied he's looking for. I actually think it's very likely we take him at 21, but at this point in the draft I'd expect Marvin and company to not have any hesitation about it.

Alford is an interesting selection. We generally don't like taking small-schoolers, especially non FBS players, early in the draft. In the Marvin Lewis era Jerome Simpson in the second round is the only one I can think of. I also don't think CB will be addressed at all via the draft with so much depth at the position, even if we do lose Terence Newman. I do love Alford though - my #4 CB personally.

Ellington would be a good fit as a COP back, and taking two RB's makes a lot of sense. Goodwin is a very Bengals selection as a toolsy highly touted big school player who underperformed. Also is that hybrid SSDE/three tech player that Zimmer seems to kinda like. Fuller would be a steal, he's a third rounder if you ask me and a smooth player. Longeran I'm not impressed by but a C in the sixth is hard to complain about. Similarly Albert Rosette never stood out to me when I watched Duke Williams at Nevada, can't say I've evaluated him but just my two cents on the guy. Still hard to complain. Juszczyk is maybe my favorite prospect in this draft but I don't think he has a spot on this roster with John Connor and Chris Pressley at FB and Orson Charles making a lot of what he'd do redundant.

Only thing I'd say to make it more realistic is add a QB at some point in the draft - we have scouted them extensively and I think are likely to draft a developmental one. Maybe Bray, Dysert or Landry Jones with our third rounder. Bray has some of the qualities that led to Mike Brown falling for Ryan Mallett and we've shown interest in both Dysert and Jones at their respective pro day's.

Very good mock overall too, not just for the Bengals. I think it's an interesting take on what will unfold.

Thanks man - great feedback, enjoyed reading it.
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am ok with Nassib and Green picks, but taking two basically slot WR is not what Buddy and co. are looking for. He already came out and said he is looking for a big body deep threat which neither of these guys are. I think Austin is going to be a stud in the NFL, but just not what we are looking for after we took TJ Graham last year.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
theindianstud12

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replace Ogletree with Brown and its good.
theindianstud12

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Well, Dee doesn't fit the new press scheme, if you go CB at 2, give us Rhodes.

Again, Okafor doesn't fit the scheme, any one of Armstead, Swearinger, Short, or Collins all fit better at 33.

If you give us a QB, Tyler Wilson is a better fit for Fisch's offense.

In the 6th give us Jamison/Stacy.

7th, there are rumors we are infatuated with Keelan Johnson, but the pick is fine.

lol
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather go Poyer round 3 and Geno round 1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would the Seahawks take Kevin Minter when they have Bobby Wagner who just got defensive rookie of the year at the same position.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Simon is a terrible pick for Oakland in the fourth round. We're going to play a 4-3 for the foreseeable future and our best defensive player is locked in at LE.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: GFW's New 7 Rounds With Comp Picks Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:

Round 1
28. Denver Broncos - *Damontre Moore DE - Texas A&M
Round 2
28. Denver Broncos - John Jenkins DT - Georgia

Round 3
28. Denver Broncos - Bacarri Rambo FS - Georgia

Round 4
28. Denver Broncos - *Marcus Lattimore RB - South Carolina

Round 5
28. Denver Broncos - Sanders Commings CB - Georgia

Round 7
28. Denver Broncos - *Cierre Wood RB - Notre Dame

Like this better, no on Moore in the 2nd, we're good at OLB with WW and Miller

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Money. I'd normally like to see S addressed earlier, but you can't argue with those picks. Maybe the only thing I'd change is taking Elam over Jones, and then if you did that maybe taking another DL or Dysert with our 5th. Boyce or Knile Davis would also be good. I would be very pleased if the draft turned out this way though. Getting Ball in the 4th Shocked. I wouldn't hate it if we took him with our 2nd in real life.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: GFW's New 7 Rounds With Comp Picks Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:

Round 1
28. Denver Broncos - *Damontre Moore DE - Texas A&M
Round 2
28. Denver Broncos - John Jenkins DT - Georgia

Round 3
28. Denver Broncos - Bacarri Rambo FS - Georgia

Round 4
28. Denver Broncos - *Marcus Lattimore RB - South Carolina

Round 5
28. Denver Broncos - Sanders Commings CB - Georgia

Round 7
28. Denver Broncos - *Cierre Wood RB - Notre Dame

Like this better, no on Moore in the 2nd, we're good at OLB with WW and Miller

I agree with you on Sio. I would put Lattimore in the second round with who I saw taken after him, though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: