Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Saints interested in Tracy Porter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Saints interested in Tracy Porter Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
I'm sorry but I guess I must just be one of the few who would NOT put Robinson in that class.

Potential - Yes
Athletic ability - Sure
More costly mistakes than good plays - BINGO!

For me he's in the same class as Malcolm Jenkins. All the physical tools and potential but far to inconsistent so for everyone who's riding this P-Rob gravy train, ya'll shouldn't utter another cross word about Jenkins because both players are talented mistake prone young DB's who aren't there yet.

Not saying I dislike P-Rob but it amazes me when people on here back him then those same people hang Jenkins!

Laughing
Funny!

Robinson looked like he was developing well until Spags came along. The zone scheme wrecked any development we saw. Sorry, but I have to disagree with you on this. Jenkins looked very promising after his first season at S, but has slowly looked like he has regressed each season.

Robust Perry wrote:
They were the dirtiest organization in football

In reference to the Saints.
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
After '09 I hated Porter. It would be hard for me to welcome him back. His tackling is some of the worst I've seen.

I honestly couldn't care less if a CB can tackle or not, Porter made plays. We severely lack a guy who can make plays in the secondary, I'd love him as a nickelback.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
FLOODx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:
After '09 I hated Porter. It would be hard for me to welcome him back. His tackling is some of the worst I've seen.

I honestly couldn't care less if a CB can tackle or not, Porter made plays. We severely lack a guy who can make plays in the secondary, I'd love him as a nickelback.

I'd be fine with him as a nickel, too. I was just referencing when he was a starter with us. I certainly care if a CB can tackle or not.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:

I honestly couldn't care less if a CB can tackle or not

Confused

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:

Confused

If your CB is having to make a tackle more than a handful of times a game, you have bigger problems, what Porter gives us is a guy who creates turnovers. We haven't had that since Porter left. I'll take a missed tackle or two a game if he's picking off passes.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:

Confused

If your CB is having to make a tackle more than a handful of times a game, you have bigger problems, what Porter gives us is a guy who creates turnovers. We haven't had that since Porter left. I'll take a missed tackle or two a game if he's picking off passes.

You remember how many missed tackles have turned 3 yard plays into 15 yard plays over the past 3 seasons? A huge problem our defense over the past few seasons is that they can't tackle. Now you're saying you don't care if our CB can tackle?

You're severely underrating fundamentals and overrating the chance for a big play.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:

Confused

You remember how many missed tackles have turned 3 yard plays into 15 yard plays over the past 3 seasons? A huge problem our defense has had is that they can't tackle.

Yes; our LBs, Safeties and DL. CBs shouldn't be asked to be huge contributors in the run game. If Porter is giving us 3-5 INTs a year, I'll certainly take his awful tackling.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
If Porter is giving us 3-5 INTs a year, I'll certainly take his awful tackling.

He's averaged 1 INT and .667 FF per season over the past 3 seasons. What makes you think he'll suddenly turn into a turnover machine?

Harper41 wrote:
what Porter gives us is a guy who creates turnovers. We haven't had that since Porter left.

2010:
Porter- 1 INT 0 FF
Jenkins- 2 INT 1 FF

2011:
Porter- 1 INT 2 FF
Jenkins- 0 INT 1 FF

2012:
Porter- 1 INT 0 FF
Jenkins- 1 INT 0 FF

Over the past 3 seasons, he has the same number of turnovers as Jenkins. Is Jenkins a guy who "creates turnovers" ?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry Brown
SWATcha

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:

Confused

Uhhh, you totally lost me here. You do realize this is turning into a passing league? As such, your CBs better be able to freakin tackle, because they're not being targeted just "a handful" of times. If the other team throws 40+ times, there's a good chance your CB is going to see 9 of those or more, not to mention any time a runner breaks thru the line. I also think your memory of the Super Bowl run is clouding what Porter is. He's never been a "turnover" machine.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

He's averaged 1 INT and .667 FF per season over the past 3 seasons. What makes you think he'll suddenly turn into a turnover machine?

Harper41 wrote:
what Porter gives us is a guy who creates turnovers. We haven't had that since Porter left.

2010:
Porter- 1 INT 0 FF
Jenkins- 2 INT 1 FF

2011:
Porter- 1 INT 2 FF
Jenkins- 0 INT 1 FF

2012:
Porter- 1 INT 0 FF
Jenkins- 1 INT 0 FF

Over the past 3 seasons, he has the same number of turnovers as Jenkins. Is Jenkins a guy who "creates turnovers" ?

Lets conveniently leave out the fact that Porter missed 18 games over that time frame, im sure that has nothing to do with the lack of turnovers at all.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Harper41 wrote:

2010:
Porter- 1 INT 0 FF
Jenkins- 2 INT 1 FF

2011:
Porter- 1 INT 2 FF
Jenkins- 0 INT 1 FF

2012:
Porter- 1 INT 0 FF
Jenkins- 1 INT 0 FF

Lets conveniently leave out the fact that Porter missed 18 games over that time frame, im sure that has nothing to do with the lack of turnovers at all.

16 games, but I'll play along.

Ok. So he's injury prone. You want an injury prone CB who can't tackle, on a team who's already bad at tackling and has an injury prone CB corps?

Laughing

How frequently he creates turnovers becomes irrelevant if he can't stay on the field enough to create them regularly.

In 2011 he missed 2 games and forced 3 turnovers. That's hardly a guy who is known for forcing turnovers.

In 2012, played 6 games and forced 1 turnover. That works out to about 2.5 or 3 turnovers on the season if he stays healthy. Again, not a turnover machine.

Shoot, Patrick Robinson has forced more turnovers on a game to game bases than Porter has over the past 2 seasons.

Last edited by tylerdouglass on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're acting like he's being brought in here to start, at most he'd be our 4th CB behind Lewis, Robinson and Greer.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
You're acting like he's being brought in here to start, at most he'd be our 4th CB behind Lewis, Robinson and Greer.

So he'll have even less opportunities to create turnovers. Your argument is getting weaker and weaker.

Robinson has created more turnovers than Porter on a per game over the past 2 seasons. Yet somehow we need Porter because we don't have anyone who creates turnovers?

You're severely overestimating Porter's big play ability. He has it, sure. I think you're expecting 2009 Porter, which was pretty clearly a fluke season.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

So he'll have even less opportunities to create turnovers. Your argument is getting weaker and weaker.

Robinson has created more turnovers than Porter on a per game over the past 2 seasons. Yet somehow we need Porter because we don't have anyone who creates turnovers?

You're severely overestimating Porter's big play ability. He has it, sure. I think you're expecting 2009 Porter, which was pretty clearly a fluke season.

Yeah, of course he'd get less opportunities as a backup, that doesn't negate the fact that he's shown he can make plays on the ball. Quite frankly, I think he's much better suited to a zone scheme but he'd still provide us with a playmaker, not to mention he's a threat with the ball in his hands.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: