Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Saints interested in Tracy Porter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Saints interested in Tracy Porter Reply with quote

I'm sorry but I guess I must just be one of the few who would NOT put Robinson in that class.

Potential - Yes
Athletic ability - Sure
More costly mistakes than good plays - BINGO!

For me he's in the same class as Malcolm Jenkins. All the physical tools and potential but far to inconsistent so for everyone who's riding this P-Rob gravy train, ya'll shouldn't utter another cross word about Jenkins because both players are talented mistake prone young DB's who aren't there yet.

Not saying I dislike P-Rob but it amazes me when people on here back him then those same people hang Jenkins!

Laughing
Funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Saints interested in Tracy Porter Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
I'm sorry but I guess I must just be one of the few who would NOT put Robinson in that class.

Potential - Yes
Athletic ability - Sure

For me he's in the same class as Malcolm Jenkins. All the physical tools and potential but far to inconsistent so for everyone who's riding this P-Rob gravy train, ya'll shouldn't utter another cross word about Jenkins because both players are talented mistake prone young DB's who aren't there yet.

Not saying I dislike P-Rob but it amazes me when people on here back him then those same people hang Jenkins!

Laughing
Funny!

Because Patrick Robinson is good. Malcolm Jenkins is not. P-Rob made some nice plays last year, even though he's pretty much the opposite of a zone CB. He looked much better the year before in man coverage and should be able to continue his progression in Ryans scheme. Jenkins has been bad since he entered the league, Robinson has only gotten better.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Fray32

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it wasn't that long ago that we all thought Jenkins was going to be the guy for a long time, and we all turned on him pretty quickly (and not undeservedly so, either).

I really like Patrick Robinson as well, and it's clear he's not going to be another Malcolm Jenkins (at least, i hope not). But, we're not trying to bring in Nnamdi just so he can be a slot corner.

As far as pre-training camp, pre-draft, pre-anything projections go, Lewis and Aso as the '#1 and #2' is probably the most likely bet. But, again, I do really like PatRob, and I think he has a lot of talent and potential. If he did end up 'starting' than I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.
Raves

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Saints interested in Tracy Porter Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

Potential - Yes
Athletic ability - Sure

Laughing
Funny!

Because Patrick Robinson is good. Malcolm Jenkins is not. P-Rob made some nice plays last year, even though he's pretty much the opposite of a zone CB. He looked much better the year before in man coverage and should be able to continue his progression in Ryans scheme. Jenkins has been bad since he entered the league, Robinson has only gotten better.

That's just BS and we both know it. Don't even start with that crap.

But I do agree PRob would probably be better in the new defense. Truthfully I think the entire defense will look better this year, but I still wouldn't be upset with drafting a guy like Bacarri Rambo in the 3rd to push Jenkins this year and if he doesn't step up we can move on with Rambo already having a year of practice/starting time with Jenkins then gone.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Saints interested in Tracy Porter Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

Potential - Yes
Athletic ability - Sure

Laughing
Funny!

That's just BS and we both know it. Don't even start with that crap.

But I do agree PRob would probably be better in the new defense. Truthfully I think the entire defense will look better this year, but I still wouldn't be upset with drafting a guy like Bacarri Rambo in the 3rd to push Jenkins this year and if he doesn't step up we can move on with Rambo already having a year of practice/starting time with Jenkins then gone.

Oh please, he showed flashes in his sophomore year, flashes. He was never a good player.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Saints interested in Tracy Porter Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

Potential - Yes
Athletic ability - Sure

Laughing
Funny!

Can't agree here Harp...

Look, I think the kid has the skills and potential but Like Jenkins I see P-Rob make some great plays then turn around and make stupid mental mistakes as well. Using the scheme to me is getting old... I can say that for every one of these DB's.

Greer, Harper, Jenkins & Robinson were better in a man scheme. Im not saying that Robinson needs to be traded but I refuse to throw Jenkins under the bus while giving Robinson a free pass.

That's what I feel your doing.

I also disagree that Jenkins has been bad since he arrived in the league. I believe he is what he is. A talented kid with the physical tools who went through a position switch during his rookie and 2nd year. I think a lot of bad habits were formed in him under Williams loose coverage demands and were really exposed under Spagnuolo.

I give him some leeway in that but his mental mistakes have wore on me. I also feel the same way about P-Rob who hasn't made a position switch but is still suffering from the same exact inconsistantcies that plagued him at Florida State which caused him to drop in the draft.

krewebrees

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my two cents on Robinson. Yeah he is a talented athlete, but yes he does have several mental errors. He makes one some times two big mistakes a game (TD). Outside of those plays he held most of the WR to next to no catches and hardly any yards.

The game I always think of for Robinson is the Dallas game. Bryant scored twice. One was an error on Robinson, all on him. The other he looked lost in coverage, I blame the scheme , to some point. Outside of that Bryant had 3 catches for 22 yards. Get him in the right scheme, that should take care of one big play. Coach him up a little more, hopefully that can get ride of the other. A corner that only allows 3 catches and 22 yards a game, all pro.

Do I think Robinson will be an all pro corner next year, No. But if coached right I could see pro bowl consideration.

Adopt a Saint 2013
Malcolm Jenkins: 71 tckl, 3 PDef, 2 int, 2 ff, 2.5 sck
FLOODx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P-Rob has progressed. Jenkins has regressed. Simple as that. I can't think of one thing Jenkins does well. I'm not going to say he was never good because he showed lots of promise in his second season, but since then he's been consistently bad.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Raves

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
P-Rob has progressed. Jenkins has regressed. Simple as that. I can't think of one thing Jenkins does well. I'm not going to say he was never good because he showed lots of promise in his second season, but since then he's been consistently bad.

His 2nd and 3rd seasons both were good and showed quite a bit of promise and why many of us thought he would break out this year... that didn't happen.

He's in the final year of his contract though so either he picks it up or he's out of here which is why I'm more than find with going and getting a guy like Bacarri Rambo in the 3rd to groom to replace him in the future or to be a quality back-up.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:

2014 Saints starting safety prediction:

FS - Isa Abdul-Quddus
SS - TJ McDonald

Wink

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to Tracy Porter...

Thought this was interesting,

Quote:
Free agent CB Tracy Porter will visit the Raiders on Wednesday.
This, after he visited the Saints on Monday. Per ESPN's Bill Williamson, both teams "want" Porter, and a decision is expected shortly. Porter would be in for major snaps with either team.

So, looks like Tracy will choose between his old team and his old position coach.

FLOODx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After '09 I hated Porter. It would be hard for me to welcome him back. His tackling is some of the worst I've seen.

Adopt-a-Saint
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
After '09 I hated Porter. It would be hard for me to welcome him back. His tackling is some of the worst I've seen.

True but he was also guilty of maybe the two most important plays in the history of the franchise...

1. INT against Farve in NFC CG to seal the win.
2. INT against Manning in SB to seal the win.

Fray32

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:

True but he was also guilty of maybe the two most important plays in the history of the franchise...

The Favre pick didn't seal the win, but it did save that game. Man, I thought we were done on that drive, mans came clutch in the two biggest games of the season, two biggest games in franchise history, as you say.
FLOODx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:

That's why I didn't dislike him until after '09 Laughing

Adopt-a-Saint

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: