Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Saints interested in Tracy Porter
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Saints interested in Tracy Porter Reply with quote

Quote:
ESPN.com is reporting that Porter, an unrestricted free agent who spent last season with the Denver Broncos after playing the first four years of his career with the Saints, is being courted by the Saints.

According to the ESPN report, Porter could be a backup plan should Nnamdi Asomugha not sign with the Saints.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/03/new_orleans_saints_showing_int.html

Interesting. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Junior Galette wrote:
Oh I Definitely Saw A CornerBack who was pretty crucial 4 Da Saints in '09 @ The Facility Today #SignMan I Need YOU BRO!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please please please!!! Would love him back here. Laughing

QB Drew Brees - 1,203 YDs ; 7 TD ; 3 INT ; 71.4% Pct

DB Patrick Robinson - 12 Tackles, 3 PDefs, 1 INT
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: Saints interested in Tracy Porter Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
Quote:
ESPN.com is reporting that Porter, an unrestricted free agent who spent last season with the Denver Broncos after playing the first four years of his career with the Saints, is being courted by the Saints.

According to the ESPN report, Porter could be a backup plan should Nnamdi Asomugha not sign with the Saints.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/03/new_orleans_saints_showing_int.html

Interesting. Thoughts?

Here's my thoughts on this... IF the Saints sign Nnamdi, then they are likely to either trade or cut Greer. If and when they do, Porter would be a value price replacement to compete with Robinson and let them battle it out for the nickel and dime positions.

OR

They sign Nnamdi, restructure Greer and trade Robinson then sign Porter for the dime.

Corey White would compete for this position as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
SaintsBeast

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Saints interested in Tracy Porter Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:

They sign Nnamdi, restructure Greer and trade Robinson then sign Porter for the dime.

Why would we trade away the best defensive player we have again? He's a franchise CB, someone you can build a defense around. I could understand if we had good CB depth. But really, we have Greer and PRob.... outside of that, we have zero proven CB's. And, should we sign Asomugha, we'd just be adding another aging guy, so why trade away the younger guy who would do more for our team??? Because we Greer and Nnamdi call it quits, then who do we have???

EDIT: Also, we didn't resign Mr. Superbowl Hero for a reason guys... And there's a reason the Broncos decided to let him walk...

2012 Adopt-A-Saint:
Martez Wilson, DE: 1 Sack, 6 Tackles, 1 FF, 1 Punt Block
Will Smith, DE: 2 Sacks, 22 Tackles, 0 FF
Official2004

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Saints interested in Tracy Porter Reply with quote

SaintsBeast wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

[...]

EDIT: Also, we didn't resign Mr. Superbowl Hero for a reason guys... And there's a reason the Broncos decided to let him walk...

I think the reason he wasn't kept in NO was because of the injury bug and it's probably the same reason for the Broncos.

Also, one reason he attended Indiana instead of LSU was because he wanted to get away from home; away from some bad influences if I remember correctly. Maybe he left NO for the same reason. Speculation in my part.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason I have a feeling that if Nnamdi or Porter are signed they'll end up as the nickelback and just competing period for the starting spot.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
krewebrees

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
For some reason I have a feeling that if Nnamdi or Porter are signed they'll end up as the nickelback and just competing period for the starting spot.

Yeah I think the same thing. I see Lewis and Robinson as our starters, Nnamdi or Porter at nickel (competition could change it) Greer cut if we get another, if not he is our nickel. White and Quddus (if he doesn't start) will compete for the dime spot.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Saints interested in Tracy Porter Reply with quote

SaintsBeast wrote:
Why would we trade away the best defensive player we have again? He's a franchise CB, someone you can build a defense around. I could understand if we had good CB depth. But really, we have Greer and PRob.... outside of that, we have zero proven CB's. And, should we sign Asomugha, we'd just be adding another aging guy, so why trade away the younger guy who would do more for our team??? Because we Greer and Nnamdi call it quits, then who do we have???

Bingo. Media sources are saying Greer and Robinson will be competing for a roster spot if we get Nnamdi or Porter.

Lolno. PRob is up there with Brees, Graham, Colston, and Hicks as far job security goes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Saints interested in Tracy Porter Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:

Lolno. PRob is up there with Brees, Graham, Colston, and Hicks as far job security goes.

That's what I'm saying the only defensive player that I think has a more secure spot on the team than Robinson is Lofton.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Saints interested in Tracy Porter Reply with quote

krewebrees wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:

That's what I'm saying the only defensive player that I think has a more secure spot on the team than Robinson is Lofton.

For this season maybe, but if he flops in the 3-4 I could see him gone next year. PRob and Hicks are going to be around for a while.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Saints interested in Tracy Porter Reply with quote

krewebrees wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:

Cam Jordan would like to have a word with you.

Adopt-A-Saint:
Kenny Vaccaro 28 Tkls 2 PD 1 SCK
Ben Watson 9 Rec 64 Yds
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Saints interested in Tracy Porter Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
krewebrees wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:

Embarassed Forgot about that dude.

IMO Job security (defense) goes:

Cam Jordan
PROb

Hicks

Lofton

Everyone else.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Saints interested in Tracy Porter Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
krewebrees wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:

I was trying to prove a point. Every time (job security or talent) I say Lofton is one (but I agree with TD, this year, if he isn't good in the 3-4, but I think he will be, he may be gone next year) and I always say Robinson and Jordan are tied for number 2. I can't decide. But it was just to make a point.

Lofton
Robinson/Jordan
Hicks

Is that better
SaintsBeast

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it goes:

Cam Jordan
Patrick Robinson
Lofton/Hicks

Tez

Vilma/Smith

Everybody else except for...

Sedrick Ellis

2012 Adopt-A-Saint:
Martez Wilson, DE: 1 Sack, 6 Tackles, 1 FF, 1 Punt Block
Will Smith, DE: 2 Sacks, 22 Tackles, 0 FF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: