Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks All-Time Roster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Seahawks All-Time Roster Reply with quote

I figured since Free Agency has died down and we're still a month away from the draft there's a bit of a lull. To fill the time I decided to make my Seahawks All-Time Roster. The best players in their prime at every position to make a starting 22 (+ Special Teamers if you want...). I took into consideration not only talent level but overall contribution to the Seahawks franchise. For example - Warren Moon is a better overall QB than Matt Hasselbeck but Hass was a bigger part of this franchise for a longer period of time and Moon was here in the twilight of his career. I have a soft spot for longtime veterans like Hass and Tobeck and probably put old timers over current players when it was close. Post your own! Thought it could be neat and I'm super bored until draft day.

QB: Hass - Thought about Moon, Zorn or Krieg but Hass was the most successful especially in the post-season.

RB: Marshawn Lynch - Warner, Alexander, Watters and Warren were given consideration but as a pure runner I think Lynch is the most talented in our short history.

FB: Mack Strong - Easy although John L. Williams was a better runner/receiver - Strong's ability as a blocker is unparalleled.

WR: Steve Largent - Not a ton of distinguished guys in Seahawks history with names like Engram, Darrell Jackson and Joey Galloway being the most recognizable.

WR2: Brian Blades - Not a lot of people know him outside of the Seattle fanbase but his 10 year career is worthy of a spot on this list. His 1989 season was amazing and I gave him the edge over DJax based on longevity mostly.

TE: Zach Miller??? Itula Mili, Christian Fauria and Mike Tice round of this unimpressive list. Hopefully somebody can come up with a better Tight End - thought about Tice as he was an excellent blocker but that's about all he provided in his 7 years with the team.

LT: Walter Jones

LG: Steve Hutchinson

C: Robbie Tobeck - It was between Unger and Tobeck here. I'm a big fan of Unger but this is my old man pick even if Unger is very talented.

RG: Chris Gray

RT: Bryan Millard - I know he played guard too but lined up as tackle and I like him better than Howard Ballard.

DE: Michael Sinclair - Still #2 in sacks and was a pretty easy choice for me.

DT: Cortez Kennedy - Kennedy and Walter Jones were the easiest spots to fill.

DT: Joe Nash - I wanted to put John Randle here but he only played 2 seasons for the hawks. I like Nash and I'll take him on my team just to block field goals.

DE: Jacob Green - All time sacks leader gets the nod even if I didn't get to see him play very much.

OLB: Chad Brown

MLB: Lofa Tatupu - I'm a huge Tats fan and so I gave him the edge of Fredd Young

OLB: Julian Peterson - There were guys that played longer but Peterson's ability to get the QB was amazing in his few years here. I wish I could put Fredd Young and Tats but I can't see either playing OLB. HM goes to Jacob Butler.

CB: Dave Brown - Not bad for an expansion draft pick.

FS: Earl Thomas - My head tells me to go Eugene Robinson here but I love the way ET plays.

SS: Kenny Easley

CB: Richard Sherman - I think Sherman is a better shutdown corner right now than Springs or Trufant were in their prime but I'd have all of them on the team if I could.

I did this pretty quickly and I reserve the right to edit upon sober reflection. Looking forward to seeing your all-time squad. Some pretty amazing players in our short history.
Not a Texans fan...just a nickname.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really weird to see how inept we've been at the TE position throughout our entire existence. Not much I can critique about your list, though I might have Mebane over Nash.
sirensong

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How good would Julian Peterson look at SLB right now? EXACTLY what we need.

And that TE position is just emberassing... Especially when we have the highest paid TE in the league right now lol
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
How good would Julian Peterson look at SLB right now? EXACTLY what we need.

And that TE position is just emberassing... Especially when we have the highest paid TE in the league right now lol

I know - John Carlson, Itula Mili, Jerramy Stevens, Will Heller, Cam Morrah, Christian Fauria, Ryan Hannam...

It's not from a lack of trying, we've drafted our fair share and two rather big busts in the first two rounds in Carlson and Stevens.

Interesting factoid - We drafted Carlester Crumpler Jr, Older brother of longtime Falcons TE Alge Crumpler in 1994.

Hopefully when they do their 50th annivesary team we'll have a better TE representative. For now I think Miller is the best complete player we've ever had the position.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like you're list, here's my go at it.

QB: Hasselbeck // Zorn
RB: Marshawn Lynch // Alexander // Warner
FB: Mack Strong // John L. Williams
WR: Steve Largent
WR2: Joey Galloway // Brian Blades // DJax
TE: Itula Mili- In 5 years Zach will easily be ahead of him imo but right now Mili's body of work with Seattle is the best.
LT: Walter Jones
LG: Steve Hutchinson
C: Max Unger // Robbie Tobeck
RG: Chris Gray
RT: Bryan Millard- Only guy I can think of is Locklear, so I'll trust your judgment here

DE: Michael Sinclair
DT: Cortez Kennedy
DT: Brandone Mebane // Joe Nash
DE: Jacob Green
OLB: Chad Brown
MLB: Lofa Tatupu
OLB: Julian Peterson
CB: Dave Brown // Shawn Springs
FS: Earl Thomas // Eugene Robinson
SS: Kenny Easley
CB: Richard Sherman // Marcus Trufant

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work Tats, I should have put backups on my list too , I don't disagree with Mili, I was just taking Zach's talent/potential over anybody else's overall resume. Tough call on the rt spot. Definitely rt and Te are the two that could be much better. I wanted to put porkchop Womack somewhere too
silus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few Seattle talk show hosts are already claiming Russell Wilson to be the best QB in franchise history.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
A few Seattle talk show hosts are already claiming Russell Wilson to be the best QB in franchise history.

I think he's well on his way to reaching that consideration, but it's far too early to say that now.
Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
silus wrote:

I think he's well on his way to reaching that consideration, but it's far too early to say that now.

I agree. Hass took the team to a SB. Let Russell do that, then we can talk about who is the All-Time Seahawk great.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
silus wrote:

yeah. He's played one year, it doesn't make sense to put him on the list. His accomplishments to this point don't put him there yet.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
animaltested

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These lists need more ...

FS Daryl Williams (20 INT in 5 years)
CB Willie Williams (7 season, 74 starts, 17 INT)
DE Phillip Daniels (21.5 sacks 4 Seasons)
C Kevin Mawae
DT Sam Adams
LB Anthony Simmons (79 starts, 9 INT, 10 SK, 5 FF, 455 TK)
LB Terry Wooden (89 starts, 10 FF, 4 years of 100 TK +)
LB Rufus Porter (36 sacks, 7 years; 3 years of 9+)

Quote:
If you don't care for obscenity, you don't care for the truth; if you don't care for the truth, watch how you vote.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: