Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

List of Packers' Draft Interest/Visits (3/29 Updated)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CWood21

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: List of Packers' Draft Interest/Visits (3/29 Updated) Reply with quote

Not sure where the other list went, and I'm even more skeptical that it was kept updated. If you've heard the Packers have interest in a player, please post a link. Thanks.

Pro Days In Attendance
Central Florida
Iowa State
Northwestern
LSU
South Carolina
South California
Vanderbilt
Wisconsin

East-West Shrine Game

Senior Bowl Visits

Combine Visits
Kiko Alonso [ILB; Oregon]
Ezekial Ansah [DE/OLB; BYU]
David Bakhtiari [OL; Colorado]
T.J. Barnes [DT; Georgia Tech]
Le'Veon Bell [RB; Michigan State]
Tank Carradine [DE/OLB; Florida State]
Zack Ertz [TE; Stanford]
Travis Frederick [C/OG; Wisconsin]
Corey Fuller [WR; Virginia Tech]
Kwame Geathers [DT; Georgia]
Garrett Gilkey [OT; Chaldron State]
Margus Hunt [DE; SMU]
Jelani Jenkins [LB; Florida]
Travis Kelce [TE; Cincinnati]
Jordan Reed [TE; Florida]
Jared Smith [DL; New Hampshire]
Manti Te'o [LB; Notre Dame]
Bjoern Werner [DE/OLB; Florida State]
Markus Wheaton [WR; Oregon State]
Robert Woods [WR; USC]

Pro Day Visits
Brendan Melanophy [DB; Fordham]
Randy Richards [OL; Missouri State]
Eric Rogers [WR; Cal Lutheran]

Reported Interest
Le'Veon Bell [RB; Michigan State]
Christine Michael [RB; Texas A&M]
Derrick Washington [RB; Tuskegee]

simonwayne wrote:
This one is over. Mark down the dubya.

Colts 45 - Chiefs 44

Last edited by CWood21 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
justo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I could find:

Quote:
@_EatMoreCheese
CheeseheadTV: Packers Daily Links: Green Bay Sees Lattimore at South Carolina Pro Day http://bit.ly/XiW12r

Quote:
@BrianCarriveau
#Packers there to see safety Eric Reid among others RT @ChrisSteuber: I'm told all 32 #NFL teams attended #LSU Pro Day today.

Quote:
@zachkruse2
New at CheeseheadTV: Packers Attend USC Pro Day

Quote:
@BrianCarriveau
Iowa State MT @NEPatriotsDraft: Packers at ISU pro day also

Quote:
@PackerReport
#Packers at @JRodgers11 pro day. Per @jefflockridge, was 45-of-52 with three drops.

Quote:
@cheeseheadtv
Ted Thompson Looks on as Montee Ball Improves 40 Time at Wisconsin Pro Day

Quote:
@BrianCarriveau
New on CheeseheadTV: Ted Thompson Attends Central Florida Pro day

Quote:
‏@zachkruse2
New at CheeseheadTV: Packers Attend Northwestern State Pro Da

I remember GB was at the Oregon State pro day and the Arizona one

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

April 11 is the visit to Green Bay for him. Visit set up with RB Michael Hill from Missouri Western. Raycom Bowl MVP. Was a 2,000 yard rusher he's like 5-11 208lbs or so I have no link to confirm it but its legit. Saw on Packerreport they are also interested in Missouri Western OLB David Bass.

Props to Uncle Buck for the sig.
KManX89

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so it looks like they've been visiting/scouting more players than I thought (I don't remember ever seeing any updates on FG saying we planned to visit with anybody) Laughing ... still, I'd like to see them take a look at Kawann Short, Datone Jones, Sly Will, Gio Bernard, etc, these guys are all potential 1st or 2nd round picks for us. I understand the no visits with Lacy due to his injury part, but Bernard is/was still Pro-Day/workout eligible as far as I know. I'm surprised we haven't given him a look yet.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some additional combine visits

Quote:
PACKERS HAD COMBINE INTERVIEWS WITH ...
Florida’s Jordan Reed
Oregon’s Kiko Alonso
Florida State’s Tank Carradine
Georgia’s Kwame Geathers
Wisconsin’s Travis Frederick
Stanford’s Zach Ertz
Georgia Tech’s T.J. Barnes
Michigan State’s Le’Veon Bell
SMU’s Margus Hunt
Colorado’s David Bakhtiari
USC’s Robert Woods
Virginia Tech’s Corey Fuller
Florida’s Jelani Jenkins
Chadron State’s Garrett Gilkey

http://gnb.scout.com/2/1277940.html
justo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiko Cool

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really really like what I see from this list and a lot of these guys have popped up in many of our mocks. Not to brag, but I had Jared Smith as one of my UDFA's awhile back. ESPN had a great segment on Gilkey the other day. I think he could be a great Packer on and off the field and definitely worth a late round pick IMO. I'm wondering how the Kiko interview went. The dude's been in court as many games as he's played the past 4-5 months. We don't need another Jolly...

The only thing that really concerns me are some of these RB's they're looking at. That Washington guy from Tuskegee's a big back but he's very slow(4.8 40). The big thing with me on a RB's speed is that we thought that Dimitri Nance would be a great back to just grind down opposing defenses while bleeding the clock. Remember how well that worked? I'm wondering if they're looking to grab a Jim Kleinsasser type who strictly functions as an H-back. Perhaps that might be a back-up plan in case Bell weren't available.

A lot of the visits mentioned here are really just standard routine visits. I'd be a bit surprised if TT wasn't at South Carolina's or USC's pro-day. Northwestern State's pro-day on the other hand.

Last edited by NCPackFan on Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
CentralFC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
Okay, so it looks like they've been visiting/scouting more players than I thought (I don't remember ever seeing any updates on FG saying we planned to visit with anybody) Laughing ... still, I'd like to see them take a look at Kawann Short, Datone Jones, Sly Will, Gio Bernard, etc, these guys are all potential 1st or 2nd round picks for us. I understand the no visits with Lacy due to his injury part, but Bernard is/was still Pro-Day/workout eligible as far as I know. I'm surprised we haven't given him a look yet.

They've done their homework. Their board is pretty much set right now. These visits are to check in on health, fitness and other minor factors. They aren't scouting anymore; whatever they're up to now is just for insurance purposes.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
They've done their homework. Their board is pretty much set right now. These visits are to check in on health, fitness and other minor factors. They aren't scouting anymore; whatever they're up to now is just for insurance purposes.

Hence interviews with a short list of players to tie up loose ends? Like the Alonzo thing I just mentioned?
CentralFC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

Hence interviews with a short list of players to tie up loose ends? Like the Alonzo thing I just mentioned?

Was I talking to you?
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
Okay, so it looks like they've been visiting/scouting more players than I thought (I don't remember ever seeing any updates on FG saying we planned to visit with anybody) :lol: ... still, I'd like to see them take a look at Kawann Short, Datone Jones, Sly Will, Gio Bernard, etc, these guys are all potential 1st or 2nd round picks for us. I understand the no visits with Lacy due to his injury part, but Bernard is/was still Pro-Day/workout eligible as far as I know. I'm surprised we haven't given him a look yet.

I can't recall a single player that the Packers have brought in for a visit that Thompson took in the first three rounds. The highest pick I recall being spent on a guy who visited the organization was T.J. Lang.

You only get so many visits with prospects allowed, and the Packers tend to use them on day 3 guys, guys with PFA grades you want to build a relationship with in advance of the UDFA signing frenzy, and guys for whom the material you have is insufficient to really slot properly (e.g. Greg Paulus a few years back.)

Bringing in guys who are first or second rounders and giving them a tour of the building is simply not an efficient use of your finite prospect visits.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:

Bringing in guys who are first or second rounders and giving them a tour of the building is simply not an efficient use of your finite prospect visits.

Yep, true for teams picking in the 20s anyway. However, a team with a top 5 or 10 pick is justified in bringing in a selection of the top guys who will be available to make sure.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

Was I talking to you?

Just asking a question, no need to get all Chicago snob on me...
CWood21

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knock it off guys.

simonwayne wrote:
This one is over. Mark down the dubya.

Colts 45 - Chiefs 44
blueswedeshoes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How hard is it to dig up last year's list of team/player contacts? It would be cool to see if tracking the contacts produces names the team ultimately selects. Do you literally have to roll back through pages until you find March/April 2012?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: