Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dom is unpredictable: Predict the unpredictable pick
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pvsports9

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Dom is unpredictable: Predict the unpredictable pick Reply with quote

Dom is somewhat unpredictable in the draft- last year we had almost no press about Barron leading up to the draft. It was mostly Trich and Mo leading the way.

List your top 3 unpredictable picks. And by that I mean name the 3 players you WOULD LIKE Tampa to unpredictably pick at 13. Not saying it's the "correct" draft slot. Just someone you would like to see in pewter and should be there when we pick (exclude: Star, Jones, Rhodes, Trufant, Floyd) Someone we haven't really been associated with too much

1. Arthur Brown- strong enough and athletic enough for all 3 LB's spot. Great tackler and can drop into coverage. Provides us the option of playing him or Foster at MLB/SLB at any given time

2. Alec Ogletree- great athlete puts it mildly. The fact that he flies to the football like a missile and drops into coverage like a defensive back along with great height causes nightmares for qbs at night. Has shown pass rushing ability at times

3. Tavon Austin- dangerous player. Makes our offense so good even Freeman couldn't screw it up. Can line up wide, in the slot and even in the backfield. Very percy harvin-esque and has proven production. A really solid guy to have on a team. So much more than a "slot guy"

Last edited by Pvsports9 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
scottonatable

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Tyler Eifert TE
2. Lane Johnson OT
3. Alec Olgetree LB
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I called Doug Martin and Lavonte David in last years draft. Just saying... At least was hoping for Doug Martin, but same thing...

Yeah I saw a mock with us picking Tavon and it would shock me but I may be able to get on board with it....

I hope we don't go linebacker there really doesn't seem to be anyone worth it there at 13
ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say Tavon if they stay at #13 or move up a little. If they move back Armstead to bolster the o-line later in the first round.
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think Tampa will take Austin at #13 if he's there.
BBando

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tank Carradine.

garbage
scottonatable

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Pvsports do you mean Arthur Brown never heard of Arthur Banks Very Happy
BuccaneersFan34

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tavon Austin would be unpredictable, but I'd love it.

A DE like Hunt or Carradine would shock me.

An Olb like Jones, Ogletree, or Brown would be disappointing.

A QB would make me turn the tv off immediately.

I could warm up to a pick like Lane Johnson, but I wouldn't expect it.
Pvsports9

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottonatable wrote:
Hey Pvsports do you mean Arthur Brown never heard of Arthur Banks Very Happy

you know what? after I typed that I was like man I hope I didn't type banks and then I never looked...pretty sad
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice thread Pvsports9. I was actually going to fire one up similar to this. Not capping it at three but thoughts on certain guys that aren't linked to us right now. Most mock drafts Rhodes, Trufant as the main two guys being linked to us.

I was going to base it off of what Stokes and the Hawks have done over the last few years. They have picked what seems to be a ton of guys that made you go huh when the selection was made. Now it looks like they will be one of the top dogs in the league for the next few seasons at least. Bruce Irvin, James Carpenter, Russell Wilson, Robert Turbin are a few guys to go along with some late guys playing in the secondary: Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor, Brandon Browner (UFA & CFler). Stokes and Co. seem to have an eye for talent db late in the draft. If we do nab Revis I wonder if we work with Johnson and a mid pick at corner to play across from him - Tharold Simon or D.J. Hayden.

Tank Carradine

Tyler Eifert

Arthur Brown

They are not in order but three guys I can see us taking. If Carradine didn't get injured how high would he of been taken. Guy is raw but was balling out.

Eifert though we have added a few te's already this offseason could be the pick. Versatile, play outside, the slot or inline. He would pretty much complete our offense.

Brown was an animal. Maybe a little smaller than one would like you middle to be but he plays hard. Though it wasn't at 13th we took an "undersized" guy in David last season and he went bonkers this year for us. With our division and the league in general throwing so much I don't think a thumper in the middle is a must. This move would complete our lb core. Guys like Fletcher, David, Lofton, Ryans, Willis, Beason are all 6'1" or smaller and have been studs.

I was thinking Ogletree as well like some have mentioned but his character is probably too much of an issue. I have read a few places that if he was clean off of the field he would have been a top 10 pick though. Dom seems to like to take chances along with Stokes drafting a guy in Irvin that had major questions might be able to move Greg a bit, who knows.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see Jonathan Banks as an unpredictable guy. He was a first rounder at the end of the season. Plus he was a captain and we usually only pick captains.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tank Carradine
Tavon Austin (if he's there, I bet he goes top 12)
Johnthan Banks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Nice thread Pvsports9. I was actually going to fire one up similar to this. Not capping it at three but thoughts on certain guys that aren't linked to us right now. Most mock drafts Rhodes, Trufant as the main two guys being linked to us.

I was going to base it off of what Stokes and the Hawks have done over the last few years. They have picked what seems to be a ton of guys that made you go huh when the selection was made. Now it looks like they will be one of the top dogs in the league for the next few seasons at least. Bruce Irvin, James Carpenter, Russell Wilson, Robert Turbin are a few guys to go along with some late guys playing in the secondary: Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor, Brandon Browner (UFA & CFler). Stokes and Co. seem to have an eye for talent db late in the draft. If we do nab Revis I wonder if we work with Johnson and a mid pick at corner to play across from him - Tharold Simon or D.J. Hayden.

Tank Carradine

Tyler Eifert

Arthur Brown

They are not in order but three guys I can see us taking. If Carradine didn't get injured how high would he of been taken. Guy is raw but was balling out.

Eifert though we have added a few te's already this offseason could be the pick. Versatile, play outside, the slot or inline. He would pretty much complete our offense.

Brown was an animal. Maybe a little smaller than one would like you middle to be but he plays hard. Though it wasn't at 13th we took an "undersized" guy in David last season and he went bonkers this year for us. With our division and the league in general throwing so much I don't think a thumper in the middle is a must. This move would complete our lb core. Guys like Fletcher, David, Lofton, Ryans, Willis, Beason are all 6'1" or smaller and have been studs.

I was thinking Ogletree as well like some have mentioned but his character is probably too much of an issue. I have read a few places that if he was clean off of the field he would have been a top 10 pick though. Dom seems to like to take chances along with Stokes drafting a guy in Irvin that had major questions might be able to move Greg a bit, who knows.

definitely see a little Jon Beason in Brown. I'm a big fan of him and Ogletree. It might just be me but David last year along with Ogletree and Brown this year are backers that have stood out to me more than most have in recent drafts
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we go with an outside the box pick, my bet would be on one of the two Alabama boys:

Jesse Williams, DT
DJ Fluker, OT

Jesse Williams fits the bill as an immovable object that can disrupt run lanes and occupy blockers. With Miller gone it's definitely a need. Fluker is a monster of a man and I think that Schiano has shown how much he wants to run the ball. A big nasty RT with vines for arms should appeal to him.

If not one of them, I'm going with Tyler Eifert.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
blaine-stew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just think how deadly our offense would be with Tavon Austin, we would be like the 2008 saints, beating teams with our offense as our defense is awful Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: