Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jrry32 Post FA Mock Draft - 3/25/13
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Jrry32 Post FA Mock Draft - 3/25/13 Reply with quote

In this mock, I'm going to assume that the Panthers take Tavon Austin, Jarvis Jones goes before our pick and someone snags Warmack just to change things up. I am not doing trade downs in this mock. Here's what I would personally do:
NFL Draft
Round 1 Pick #16 - Cordarrelle Patterson WR/RS/HB Tennessee

Explanation: I don't care that Patterson is raw, he's a big WR with explosive speed, freaky movement skills and has the ability to be an excellent route runner if he works at it. If he is coachable and has a strong work ethic, he could be one of if not the best WR in the league.

Round 1 Pick #22 - Jesse Williams NT Alabama

Explanation: This might have caught you guys off guard but I figured why not? Lets take a chance on the extremely talented and massive Aussie. Williams needs to keep his pad level down and needs development on his pass rush moves but he'd be a major addition for our rush defense next to Brockers.

Round 2 Pick #16 - Giovani Bernard HB North Carolina

Explanation: This play should sum it up: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8615235

Round 3 Pick #16 - Bacarri Rambo FS Georgia

Explanation: Rambo offers a play-making coverage safety. We could always use a guy who can force some turnovers and make some plays as a center-fielder in our secondary.

Round 4 Pick #16 - Tyrann Mathieu CB/S/PR LSU

Explanation: Taking a chance on a playmaker here that could contribute at CB, Safety and on special teams. Hopefully Cortland will be able to mentor him and help him turn things around. Still, worth the risk in the 4th round.

Round 5 Pick #16 - Gerald Hodges OLB Penn State

Explanation: Good sized LB with good instincts and athleticism. Can't argue with LB U.

Round 6 Pick #16 - Earl Watford OG James Madison

Explanation: Taking a shot on a small school kid with good athleticism and technique. Could stand to add a few pounds and improve functional strength but has ability and upside at OG. Lets see if Coach Bou can coach him up.

Round 7 Pick #16 - TJ Moe WR Missouri

Explanation: Why not take a chance on another scrappy, quicker than fast WR? Need depth at WR and maybe he becomes something more than depth.

Projected Starting Line-up
QB: Sam Bradford
HB: Giovani Bernard(3 headed monster with D-Rich and Pead)
FB: Lance Kendricks
SE: Brian Quick
FL: Chris Givens
SL: Cordarrelle Patterson(could possibly earn the SE role over Quick)
TE: Jared Cook
LT: Jake Long
LG: Rokevious Watkins
C: Scott Wells
RG: Harvey Dahl
RT: Rodger Saffold

LDE: Chris Long
LDT: Jesse Williams
RDT: Michael Brockers
RDE: Robert Quinn
WLB: Gerald Hodges
MLB: James Laurinaitis
SLB: Jo-Lonn Dunbar
LCB: Cortland Finnegan
RCB: Janoris Jenkins
NCB: Trumaine Johnson
FS: Bacarri Rambo
SS: Darian Stewart

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: John Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
KR: Cordarrelle Patterson
PR: Tyrann Mathieu

Just thought it would be entertaining if I changed things up some with so many mocks recently being similar. Thoughts?

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Gambino62

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it. Bernard and Patterson on offense is a dream come true and our defense will be impossible to run on with Williams and Brockers clogging lanes.

Kempes on the sig, El ramster on the avy.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definitely be ok with this, I love Jesse Williams I think he deserves to be up there with Star, Floyd and Richardson.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Brett Hundley
3. Bryce Petty
4. Jameis Winston
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly liked your previous mocks more.

There is no arguing that Patterson is a freak athlete with great size. However in my eyes we need immediate production. I'm a bit scared off by the lack of playtime and involvement of our high drafted WR just last year. Wouldn't be mad if we got him, just would rather pass and grab another talented player here.

I would not be very pleased with Williams pick. Too high for him for us IMO. I can't imagine they'd have him higher graded then some of the guys that are sure to be on the board. I'd be much happier if we managed to trade back a bit for him. I really like what we have at DT currently.

The Bernard pick threw me off a bit too. I can't really see being happy about a RB being picked in the 2nd round again this year, especially when I think he isn't much of an improvement on to what we already have.

Hard to dislike the rest of the picks.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
chris00cm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is probably my least favorite mock of yours. Cordarrelle would be awesome but I really don't like the Jesse Williams and Giovani Bernard picks. The rest is good.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
This is probably my least favorite mock of yours. Cordarrelle would be awesome but I really don't like the Jesse Williams and Giovani Bernard picks. The rest is good.

Give em both a chance. Wink

They're a bit unexpected but we needed some of that here. Williams needs some refinement but he's scary athletic(and scary looking) and would give us one hell of a duo up the middle with Brockers.

Bernard has great receiving skills and is very dangerous runner. Excellent spin move, quick feet, good stutter step and a great jump hop. Great burst too. Very Ray Riceish.

I think he'd work well with Richardson and Pead. And we know how Fisher loves taking HBs.

Just wanted to throw out a different scenario.

chris00cm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:

They're a bit unexpected but we needed some of that here. Williams needs some refinement but he's scary athletic(and scary looking) and would give us one hell of a duo up the middle with Brockers.

Bernard has great receiving skills and is very dangerous runner. Excellent spin move, quick feet, good stutter step and a great jump hop. Great burst too. Very Ray Riceish.

I think he'd work well with Richardson and Pead. And we know how Fisher loves taking HBs.

I like the change in pace, you just so happened to choose two players I would not want on the Rams. I think Jesse Williams is a solid player, I just would be a little confused if we chose him.

Onto Bernard, I don't see him ever being an every down back in the NFL. I know he's not a power guy, but I think he's too weak to be a #1 guy. Not a physical runner at all and can not move a pile. He's too similar to Isaiah Pead and Daryl Richardson to make worthy of a 2nd round pick in my opinion.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really think RB is that high of a need. I would like to see the rams take one in the later rounds. Love pretty much all the other picks though.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:

I like the change in pace, you just so happened to choose two players I would not want on the Rams. I think Jesse Williams is a solid player, I just would be a little confused if we chose him.

Onto Bernard, I don't see him ever being an every down back in the NFL. I know he's not a power guy, but I think he's too weak to be a #1 guy. Not a physical runner at all and can not move a pile. He's too similar to Isaiah Pead and Daryl Richardson to make worthy of a 2nd round pick in my opinion.

Physical or not, he breaks a lot of tackles. Chris Johnson, LeSean McCoy and Ray Rice aren't the most physical runners. Neither is Arian Foster. There are a lot of different skill-sets that work for HBs.

STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is different from all the other mocks, overall I like it.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you include Giovanni Bernard because I mention him a few days ago? Wink

I like the mock though, although the idea of a DT early isn't my favorite route. Our Dline is pretty stacked, and didn't William Hayes see some time at DT last year? If so, that would give us a "rotation" of Brockers, Langford, Hayes, and the recently re-signed Jermelle Cudjo.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:

I like the mock though, although the idea of a DT early isn't my favorite route. Our Dline is pretty stacked, and didn't William Hayes see some time at DT last year? If so, that would give us a "rotation" of Brockers, Langford, Hayes, and the recently re-signed Jermelle Cudjo.

He did in certain situations but Hayes is a DE. If Brockers were to get hurt, would you feel comfortable with Hayes at DT? I wouldn't.

The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

He did in certain situations but Hayes is a DE. If Brockers were to get hurt, would you feel comfortable with Hayes at DT? I wouldn't.

No, but I also wouldn't feel comfortable if Bradford got injured. Not sure what your point is here.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: QQ Reply with quote

I personally love this draft and see it as realistic.

How many people last year thought our target would be Brockers?

Adding another run stuffing monster (don't forget that Brockers was brilliant at setting the line of scrimmage). Add a pass rushing type of backer - Dunbar wasn't too bad, but adding a real threat...! Not too mention the added RB depth.

This makes me think Elam. We can Roll out Quinn, Brockers, Langford, Long - Dunbar-JL55...With Janoris, Trumane, Finn, Elam, Stewart on the back end.

While that is underwhelming in coverage due to our safeties. . . Those running Qb's are going to be thinking twice about getting layed out
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

No, but I also wouldn't feel comfortable if Bradford got injured. Not sure what your point is here.

The point here is that:
A) Langford could be discussed as a cap casualty after 2013
B) Williams is a great talent with huge upside that would only make our team better and due to our current 2 DTs, would have time to develop
C) At least we have another QB behind Bradford

But I'd be perfectly fine if they brought in a guy like Ryan Aplin to compete with Austin Davis for the backup job.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: