Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Carson Palmer going to hit FA
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetfuel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Carson Palmer going to hit FA Reply with quote

I just read on a report and saw on the NFL Network that Carson Palmer will not rework his contract so he is most likely going to be released. This will cause the Raiders to have 9 mill in dead money but save 5 mill on this years cap. I think there might be a few teams interested in him like the Bills, Browns, and Jags. I also think the jets might take a look at him. I would be very happy if Carson Palmer became a jet. He knows the WCO and has a good strong arm. I think he still has a few good years left.

What do you guys think?
jetskid007

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a given yet, but if he is released, he's fully expected to sign with the Cardinals. I don't see any scenario where he signs with us. What would be interesting to monitor is whether the Raiders would pounce on Geno, take a QB in the 3rd (they don't have a 2nd), or sign a player like Kolb to compete with Pryor
KBS756

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Carson is available at a reason price I see no reason we wouldnt be in the mix. He's not an elite QB but far better then anyone else on our roster, other than maybe Garrard but I am not confident in him staying healthy.

If we have a shot at bringing him in I expect us to try.
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this might not be good news for us as far as the top of the draft goes. It might cause a team to try and leapfrog the Raiders, or trade out of the top ten with a team that wants to get Ansah or Jordan so they can pick up one of the second tier QB's. It creates some instability .

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a Carson Palmer fan. I'd rather not invest an old and broken QB who hasn't been good in like 8 years.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have much interest in Palmer. I think he could be ok on an offense where he is surrounded by tons of talent but not here. He would throw almost as many picks as Sanchez here.

He already retired once, i don't think he is gonna play a ton longer, or really be that good for that much longer, we have to look to the future, we aren't a win now team.
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe we can sign leinart also?

go for a trifecta of usc bust qb's
Joe Willie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no interest in signing Carson Palmer. We're not winning anything this year and are building towards our future, there is no reason to bring in a stop gap who isn't part of our long term plans.
famousj

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PASS. Cason Palmer does not impress me. Our future starting QB is in this year's draft.

Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson Palmer is represented by David Dunn. Mark Sanchez is represented by David Dunn. Agents don't put a viable competitor into a QB situation where they have a client struggling.

Some might counter, but David Dunn had Leinert & John Beck sign in Houstonw he represented Schaub! Schaub was cemented as the Starter & Kubiak is a guru of QB development. These were purely backup roles.

Look at what Dunn did w/ Kyle Orton. Broncos wanted to trade him to Miami. But Dunn blocked the trade to protect Chad Henne. When Cassel (Dunn) went down, Orton was given his release to take the starting Job.

It's how the game works. So if you want to find a viable Competition for Mark Sanchez- Consider Brady Quinn (CAA Sports- Tom Condon), Jason Campbell (Lagardère Unlimited) or a lesser known commodity.
jetfuel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
Carson Palmer is represented by David Dunn. Mark Sanchez is represented by David Dunn. Agents don't put a viable competitor into a QB situation where they have a client struggling.

Some might counter, but David Dunn had Leinert & John Beck sign in Houstonw he represented Schaub! Schaub was cemented as the Starter & Kubiak is a guru of QB development. These were purely backup roles.

Look at what Dunn did w/ Kyle Orton. Broncos wanted to trade him to Miami. But Dunn blocked the trade to protect Chad Henne. When Cassel (Dunn) went down, Orton was given his release to take the starting Job.

It's how the game works. So if you want to find a viable Competition for Mark Sanchez- Consider Brady Quinn (CAA Sports- Tom Condon), Jason Campbell (Lagardère Unlimited) or a lesser known commodity.

This is interesting. I think that Palmer would be a good sign because he would at 1 or 2 more wins than Sanchez. Palmer could also help out with a Rookie QB because I don't want Sanchez even near a rookie QB because he will teach him nothing but bad habits. Palmer could be the starter this year and fight for his job in 2014 season. I see him has the perfect stop gap person.

For the people that say we don't want him because we are going to be bad this year you need to leave as a jet fan. If you have been watching the NFL in the last 5-7 years teams move up and down the latter so fast any body can win. The NFL wanted this back in the early 90's when FA started with Reggie White. All you need to do is make the playoffs and anyone can win the big game. This means you need about 10 to 11 wins. Palmer would at 1-2 more wins from last year so I can see the jets pulling out a 10 win season.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass. . . I understand why we are looking at Kolb cause he's got some upside still I suppose and is still under 30. Palmer is better but on the wrong side off 30 and isn't a long term answer.

Much rather take the flyer on Kolb in hopes he can return to form with MM.

Props to Mack on the sig
Malik

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:
Conquest8089 wrote:

This is interesting. I think that Palmer would be a good sign because he would at 1 or 2 more wins than Sanchez. Palmer could also help out with a Rookie QB because I don't want Sanchez even near a rookie QB because he will teach him nothing but bad habits. Palmer could be the starter this year and fight for his job in 2014 season. I see him has the perfect stop gap person.

For the people that say we don't want him because we are going to be bad this year you need to leave as a jet fan. If you have been watching the NFL in the last 5-7 years teams move up and down the latter so fast any body can win. The NFL wanted this back in the early 90's when FA started with Reggie White. All you need to do is make the playoffs and anyone can win the big game. This means you need about 10 to 11 wins. Palmer would at 1-2 more wins from last year so I can see the jets pulling out a 10 win season.

I'm not against a win now philosophy at QB. Problem is he isn't going to help anyone win now and get over the top because it's 2013 not 04 or 05. He is nowhere near that Pro Bowl QB he once was and will never be there again. Go back and watch the tape from those Raiders games. Over half those games they were well within by half time but he was unable to capitalize when teams were actually playing defense. Only when they played soft after pulling away was he able to put up any sort of numbers.

If someone like Romo was a free agent next season I'd be all for going all in for a Super Bowl push window of 1-3 years.
JMG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
I'm not a Carson Palmer fan. I'd rather not invest an old and broken QB who hasn't been good in like 8 years.
To be fair, Carson Palmer was one of the few bright spots for the Raiders last year.

[]_[] Family
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be mad if we signed him. If Sanchez would have put up those numbers, we wouldn't be looking for a new QB right now. But he is a west coast guy, and wants to stay out there. If Arizona offer the deal, he will be a cardinal.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: