Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kiwi to DE full-time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Kiwi to DE full-time Reply with quote

Quote:

"Mathias Kiwanuka - LB - Giants
ESPN New York expects the Giants to move Mathias Kiwanuka back to defensive end full-time in 2013.
Kiwanuka struggled at linebacker last season, and may be able to rejuvenate his career at his natural position. With Osi Umenyiora ticketed for Atlanta, Kiwanuka could push LE Justin Tuck across from RE Jason Pierre-Paul. The Giants figure to upgrade their linebackers in the draft, but for now have Keith Rivers on the strong side, Jacquian Williams at weak side, and Mark Herzlich in the middle."espn ny

I've been saying this for awhile this off season, and this is why we need first round talent at LB in the draft this year, unless they take Arthur Jones in the 2nd. With J-will at one LB spot, and Herz and Dan Connor probably going to battle it out for the middle, we need 1 more LB. It may be addressed through Justin Durant or Daryl Smith, but I'm putting my money on the first or second round. I don't like either of our options at middle LB just saying. What blackburn lacked in talent and quickness, he made up for with instincts and leadrship..sorta. I believe that position will be an obvious down grade next year. Just my own opinion.
dkebones

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there's going to be much of a "battle" between Connor and Herz. Connor is a much better player than his stats would indicate. His problem is that he is really strictly a 4-3 MLB. I mean, he got stuck behind Jon Beason while he was in Carolina. No humiliation there. And he had no business on a Cowboys team that was running a 3-4. Funny that the Cowboys are now looking at Blackburn, and he's expected to be a backup. I think they would have loved to have kept Connor if they could have worked out the money.
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Kiwi to DE full-time Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
Quote:

"Mathias Kiwanuka - LB - Giants
ESPN New York expects the Giants to move Mathias Kiwanuka back to defensive end full-time in 2013.
Kiwanuka struggled at linebacker last season, and may be able to rejuvenate his career at his natural position. With Osi Umenyiora ticketed for Atlanta, Kiwanuka could push LE Justin Tuck across from RE Jason Pierre-Paul. The Giants figure to upgrade their linebackers in the draft, but for now have Keith Rivers on the strong side, Jacquian Williams at weak side, and Mark Herzlich in the middle."espn ny

I've been saying this for awhile this off season, and this is why we need first round talent at LB in the draft this year, unless they take Arthur Jones in the 2nd. With J-will at one LB spot, and Herz and Dan Connor probably going to battle it out for the middle, we need 1 more LB. It may be addressed through Justin Durant or Daryl Smith, but I'm putting my money on the first or second round. I don't like either of our options at middle LB just saying. What blackburn lacked in talent and quickness, he made up for with instincts and leadrship..sorta. I believe that position will be an obvious down grade next year. Just my own opinion.

I agree, his first year I knew this player had talent at rushing the passer. Yet with Strahan, Osi and Tuck on the field finding time for him to get time to see him on the field was difficult. Moving him to linebacker was the best option at the time. I didn't like the idea but I understood the reason.

Now that the Giants are thin at end it wouldn't be a bad idea to see him get more playing time at end. A rotation to get Tuck more breaks would be beneficial to the aging veteran.
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just feel bad for this dude. He would be a solid player if they just kept him at DE. Glad he's back where he belongs.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK GOD.

Notice to all GMs and head coaches around the league: STOP drafting players whove played 1 position their whole life and moving them somewhere else.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the move. Kiwi is back where he belongs. I have so much respect for the guy. He is the ultimate team player.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: