Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mongo's Mock v1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mongo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Mongo's Mock v1 Reply with quote

1 BUF (from KC) Geno Smith QB
Buddy Nix gets his QB fairly cheap. He gives up R1.08 and R2s this year and next.

2 JAX Ziggy Ansah DE
JAX needs more pass rush. Ansah has the most upside of any prospect in this draft. Lotuleilei is a possibility, but less likely with the addition of Roy Miller.

3 OAK Sharrif Floyd DT
The Raiders need pass rush as well. They'll get theirs from the inside after losing Seymour and Bryant.

4 PHI Luke Joeckel OT
Joeckel will start on the rightside, unless Jason Peters isn't ready. He'll eventually replace him. In the meantime Todd Herremans moves back inside where he belongs and bust Watkins sits or is cut. Philly instantly has one of the best lines in the NFL, if healthy.

5 DET Dee Millner CB
Tough call between him and Eric Fisher. If they go with Fisher, expect a trade up for Millner forthcoming.

6 CLE Dion Jordan OLB
It's either him or Jarvis Jones. Can't see too much variation here. The Browns have the makings of a very good defense with DC Ray Horton. Their days as AFCN doormats may soon be over.

7 AZ Eric Fisher LT
What's that smell? Itís the BS coming out of AZ. Levi Brown is an elite LT? Matt Barkley and his mediocre arm is Bruce Arians' cup of tea? I don't buy either.

8 KC (from BUF) Star Lotuleilei DT
Branden Albert is not traded. Lotuleilei falls in their lap and gives the Chiefs a potentially devastating 34 DL with Devito and Poe.

9 NYJ Jarvis Jones OLB
What good is a 34 without OLB? Jones is a risk worth taking for a team without viable pass rushers.

10 TEN Bjoern Woerner DE
Tough call here. The Titans need pass rushers. Had Manti Te'o not screwed himself he might've made sense here. Woerner is the BPAN.

11 SD Lane Johnson LT
SD can use a corner too and if Millner slides they might be a trade candidate. Johnson allows them to move Jared Gaither to RT and cut the overpriced Jeremy Clary.

12 MIA Xavier Rhodes CB
Once Miami signs Eric Winston RT, they've addressed almost everything in FA. This is a slight reach, but the CB position needs the most attention. Chance Warmack is a possibility.

13 TB DJ Fluker RT
Tampa could use a DT after losing Roy Miller. I think there is a huge drop off after Fluker at RT. Greg Schiano wants maulers. QB could be a surprise shocker too.

14 CAR Sheldon Richardson DT
Carolina's defense needs a gap shooter at DT. WR is a possibility too. Richardson represents better value here. Has CAR had a DT worth a damn since Kris Jenkins?

15 MIN (from NO) Chance Warmack LG
New Orleans has no R2 pick after Bounty-gate. Minnesota has the ammo and give R1.23 and their R2. Warmack doesn't represent a great need. They have Charlie Johnson, who is serviceable. MIN needs WR too, but that position is deep and they can get one later (HINT, HINT). Warmack might be the best prospect in this draft.

16 STL Cordarelle Patterson WR
Sam Bradford has struggled without weapons. Itís time that changes.

17 PIT Johnathan Hankins DT
The Steelers really could go a number of ways. The defense is old everywhere. They could even go WR to replace deep threat Mike Wallace. Casey Hampton's exodus is the biggest void to fill.

18 DAL Jonathan Cooper OG
The Boys OL has needed attention for a long time. Cooper represents the best value.

19 NYG Menelik Watson OT
What's a draft without a reach or two? Watson is raw and talented. The Giants need to address an aging OL.

20 SF (from CHI) Kenny Vaccaro FS
The Niners have more picks than needs. The Bears are minus an R3. They gain R1.31 and R2.31 in this maneuver.

The SF secondary is in need of help. I still expect them to sign Charles Woodson to play FS and maybe even Nnamdi Asomugha. Neither are long term solutions.

21 CIN Tavon Austin WR
The Bengals will resign RT Andre Smith. They've quietly resigned most of their own free agents. Not a bad idea for an up and coming team. Its too early for Eddie Lacy. They'll get him in R2. Austin is the BPA since there is no BPAN better. Don't be surprised if NE trades up here to take the same player.

22 AZ (from STL via WAS) Tyler Wilson QB
Surprise! I told you I don't buy this Matt Barkley smokescreen. Wilson has a better arm and Arians values the deep ball. They give up their R2 this year and next to move up to STL. STL takes FS Phillip Thomas with the R2 pick.

23 NO (from MIN) Barkevious Mingo OLB
The Saints are switching to a 34. The DL might need a guy, but they need a pass rusher more.

24 IND DeAndre Hopkins WR
It seems Reggie Wayne will go on forever. He won't (I think).

25 MIN (from SEA) Keenan Allen WR
See Nordicsmen? I told you you'd still get a WR. Pretty nice day's work for the Purple.

26 GB Barrett Jones C
This is a tough call. Jones is a bit of a reach. I have the Packers signing Ahmad Bradshaw to address their RB need. What else is there? Maybe a safety? I'll take GB at their word that they like theirs.

27 HOU Tyler Eifert TE
Houston needs a WR opposite Andre Johnson. R2 is full of them. They've lost James Casey and Owen Daniels isn't the player he was.

28 DEN Kevin Minter MLB
After losing Dumervil, a DE is a possibility here too. However, Minter represents better value. Bye bye Joe Mays.

29 NE Robert Woods WR
The Pats replaced Wes Welker and Brandon Lloyd with Danny Amendola and Donald Jones. Not good enough.

30 ATL Damontre Moore DE
The Falcons are bummed that Eifert is gone. They could go Zach Ertz, but I don't see Osi Umenyora as an upgrade over John Abraham. It certainly isn't a long term solution. Moore was once a top prospect in this draft.

31 CHI SF Travis Frederick C
The Bears need interior OL help. They struck out on Levitre. Roberto Garza is 33. Frederick can play OG or C.

32 BAL Alec Ogletree MLB
I'm suspicious. Now that BAL has signed Elvis Dumervil I have a hard time thinking they won't move Courtney Upshaw inside. For now I'll take them at their word.

Last edited by Mongo on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no complaints here. I much appreciate you not putting Geno at #2 to the Jaguars.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blah pick. Much rather get a DT who can benefit our pass-rush. Morgan and Wimbley had a lot of missed sacks last year due to no interior pass-rush from our DTs. Richardson would be perfect.

P.S. Manti would've never been the pick. He was never that special of a player before the scam. Plus we have a good MLB in Colin McCarthy. We need depth behind him though bc of his injury concerns.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good trade up, but Warmack doesnt make sense. The Vikings wont be addressing OG early in the draft and Cordarrelle Patterson makes a heck of alot more sense.
Nobody

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why Hopkins with Keenan Allen still available? Go Allen there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
Why Hopkins with Keenan Allen still available? Go Allen there.

I wouldnt be surprised to see it. Allen does have knee concerns.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Good trade up, but Warmack doesnt make sense. The Vikings wont be addressing OG early in the draft and Cordarrelle Patterson makes a heck of alot more sense.

I alluded to that in my commentary. The Vikes are in a position where the can have their cake and eat it too. Why trade up for a WR when the end of R1 is loaded with them. If I didn't think they'd make a move for Warmack I'd keep them where they were and have them take a WR and a DT.

They are in a good position to take a risk to get a special player. Chance Warmack is someone's LG for the next 10 years.
Iceman88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good pick I like Werner more than other Titan fans...

Props to Kempes ^
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austin is a lot like a guy we already have in Andrew Hawkins. He's probably better, but not enough to warrant taking in 1.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

30 ATL Damontre Moore DE
The Falcons are bummed that Eifert is gone. They could go Zach Ertz, but I don't see Osi Umenyora as an upgrade over John Abraham. It certainly isn't a long term solution. Moore was once a top prospect in this draft.

Why are the Falcons bummed that Eiferts gone? If he was there don't see any way we would draft him. TE is like the 5th or 6th need we have in this draft at best. Their should be absolutely without any doubt a offensive player taken for the Falcons in the 1st 3 rounds in this draft with the holes we have on defense.

We need 1-2 CB's 1-2 DE's 1 3-4 NT and 1 or 2 LB 1 as a 4-3 olb 1 as a 3-4 olb.

Once atleast 3 of those needs are filled then maybe we can look at an offensive player.

With that said Moore is an excellent pick that would be the correct pick if Eifert or Ertz are there.
theindianstud12

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the trade down but Frederick is a reach. I'd rather take Arthur Brown.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the reasoning for the Hankins selection but I would prefer a pass rusher like Mingo or Moore if they go defense in the first.

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would be happy with this. but i think its a little too much to trade up that far. maybe our first third. our chicago adds a pick.

new sig... sorry alex
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take Geno Smith

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: