Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears re-sign OT Jonathan Scott
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
wiscbearsfan


Joined: 06 May 2006
Posts: 6350
Location: WI
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
Does this mean we can very, very lightly pencil in Scott/Webb as a RT camp battle with Carimi trying to get the RG spot?



I think that's likely.


Agreed. No light pencil needed.
_________________
Quote:
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that.........he is gone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10783
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiscbearsfan wrote:
It seemed pretty clear Emery intended to bring Scott back given his press conference comments.

I'm guessing they will let Scott battle with Webb for the RT job. Either way they have their starting tackles and the swing tackle plus Carimi as additional depth. Carimi should be inside for sure now at TC I would think.

Without a doubt, and at least this move makes it so that the move is done already with him now having 4 months of offseason work plus TC plus preseason to learn the position. It's disappointing that he won't pan out at RT but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't do the right thing and try to salvage him as a good starting guard which I believe he can and will be. Good move here on both fronts IMO.

As for Webb and Scott, I think Scott can be a capable starter at RT as he showed last year, especially in a more OL-friendly scheme, and with Webb having no ties to this staff and with him being in the last year of his deal he will have to show up every week and prove that he deserves to be our RT or he'll find himself on the sidelines.
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GRRLacher


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 07 Mar 2005
Posts: 20640
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carimi appears to be moving to G for good, and I think that's a great move, he should excel there, he seemed to learn how to work in that tighter space rather well last year.

Scott and Webb can battle it out for RT and we should be solid at LT now.

I'm seeing Carimi at LG for some reason...who wins at RG...Louis?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wiscbearsfan


Joined: 06 May 2006
Posts: 6350
Location: WI
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRRLacher wrote:
Carimi appears to be moving to G for good, and I think that's a great move, he should excel there, he seemed to learn how to work in that tighter space rather well last year.

Scott and Webb can battle it out for RT and we should be solid at LT now.

I'm seeing Carimi at LG for some reason...who wins at RG...Louis?


Earlier today I was thinking they could sign a FA OG and draft an OG. I don't know where that leaves Carimi though. If they feel good about him at guard would they wait until the draft to fill a spot?

All I know is they have to get better and younger along the o-line.
_________________
Quote:
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that.........he is gone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pigsooie5


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 4069
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great signing. Like the depth there. Now lets hope hope we can bring in Brandon Moore or Alan Branch would be my personal favorite.
_________________

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9655
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the depth signings on the OL and I hope they continue.

We have been crippled by a lack of depth on the OL and we rotate guys in who have no business playing at the NFL level.

Scott gives them a veteran back up.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 7120
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiscbearsfan wrote:
GRRLacher wrote:
Carimi appears to be moving to G for good, and I think that's a great move, he should excel there, he seemed to learn how to work in that tighter space rather well last year.

Scott and Webb can battle it out for RT and we should be solid at LT now.

I'm seeing Carimi at LG for some reason...who wins at RG...Louis?


Earlier today I was thinking they could sign a FA OG and draft an OG. I don't know where that leaves Carimi though. If they feel good about him at guard would they wait until the draft to fill a spot?

All I know is they have to get better and younger along the o-line.

Right now the only guards on the roster who have played in a NFL game are Edwin Williams, James Brown, and Gabe Carimi, and Williams is the only guy listed as a guard.

Still, 2013 is a contract year for: Webb, Williams, Scott, and Garza, so don't count out any lineman position in the draft.
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MonserinNC


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 5228
Location: Back in the CHIIII
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A much needed signing, with only 5 picks we can only address so many positions.
_________________


BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real


Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
G08


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 924
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Does this mean we can very, very lightly pencil in Scott/Webb as a RT camp battle with Carimi trying to get the RG spot?


The question is: Can Carmi be Steve Hutchinson?

Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7871
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Good to have him back.
That is a relief. So we will be looking for a developmental tackle in the second half of the draft I presume.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7871
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Slaymont Harris wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Slaymont Harris wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
As for who's next I hope its a backup QB or Lance Louis.

Or Izzy, or a free agent guard. Still work to do.


I meant to put Lance Louis or a free agent guard. Izzy's market seems to be dry so him coming back on a 1 year deal seems likely. As for Jason Campbell I have no idea where his market is at.

I thought I heard a report that the Bears would like Campbell back. They might sign Louis and another guard, or just sign one and plan to draft one.


They want to bring him back but there may be other teams lurking that want to bring him in as competition to their stater.
I think that ship has sailed. Seems like I recall Cleveland was talking to him over a week ago. Maybe one other team, too.

Do we know if Trestman has even talked to him?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7871
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
wiscbearsfan wrote:
It seemed pretty clear Emery intended to bring Scott back given his press conference comments.

I'm guessing they will let Scott battle with Webb for the RT job. Either way they have their starting tackles and the swing tackle plus Carimi as additional depth. Carimi should be inside for sure now at TC I would think.

Without a doubt, and at least this move makes it so that the move is done already with him now having 4 months of offseason work plus TC plus preseason to learn the position. It's disappointing that he won't pan out at RT but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't do the right thing and try to salvage him as a good starting guard which I believe he can and will be. Good move here on both fronts IMO.

As for Webb and Scott, I think Scott can be a capable starter at RT as he showed last year, especially in a more OL-friendly scheme, and with Webb having no ties to this staff and with him being in the last year of his deal he will have to show up every week and prove that he deserves to be our RT or he'll find himself on the sidelines.
Webb is going to have to keep improving and has all the incentive in the world to do so, big money is floating within reach.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7871
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRRLacher wrote:
Carimi appears to be moving to G for good, and I think that's a great move, he should excel there, he seemed to learn how to work in that tighter space rather well last year.

Scott and Webb can battle it out for RT and we should be solid at LT now.

I'm seeing Carimi at LG for some reason...who wins at RG...Louis?
We cannot depend on LL being ready to go after surgery, at least I cannot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 18342
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Slaymont Harris wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Slaymont Harris wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
As for who's next I hope its a backup QB or Lance Louis.

Or Izzy, or a free agent guard. Still work to do.


I meant to put Lance Louis or a free agent guard. Izzy's market seems to be dry so him coming back on a 1 year deal seems likely. As for Jason Campbell I have no idea where his market is at.

I thought I heard a report that the Bears would like Campbell back. They might sign Louis and another guard, or just sign one and plan to draft one.


They want to bring him back but there may be other teams lurking that want to bring him in as competition to their stater.
I think that ship has sailed. Seems like I recall Cleveland was talking to him over a week ago. Maybe one other team, too.

Do we know if Trestman has even talked to him?


That she hasnt sailed at all. It has been reported just recently that we want him back. I have no idea if has talked to Trestman or not.
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7871
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Slaymont Harris wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Slaymont Harris wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
As for who's next I hope its a backup QB or Lance Louis.

Or Izzy, or a free agent guard. Still work to do.


I meant to put Lance Louis or a free agent guard. Izzy's market seems to be dry so him coming back on a 1 year deal seems likely. As for Jason Campbell I have no idea where his market is at.

I thought I heard a report that the Bears would like Campbell back. They might sign Louis and another guard, or just sign one and plan to draft one.


They want to bring him back but there may be other teams lurking that want to bring him in as competition to their stater.
I think that ship has sailed. Seems like I recall Cleveland was talking to him over a week ago. Maybe one other team, too.

Do we know if Trestman has even talked to him?


That she hasnt sailed at all. It has been reported just recently that we want him back. I have no idea if has talked to Trestman or not.
I was speaking of Campbell competing as a starter anywhere not him being our backup. I am lukewarm about the latter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group