Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets 2013 Draft Interest/Rumors Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RDawg10

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline reports the Jets are "looking for a weapon" with one of their first-round picks.
Pauline believes West Virginia WR Tavon Austin is "now in play" for Gang Green. Pauline's report comes just hours after CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora passed along that the Jets "like" the explosive 5-foot-9 chess piece. Picking at No. 9 and 13, the Jets have also been strongly linked to guards and outside rushers.

Guys you hear that?

were looking for a weapon in this draft....

Well i sure hope so
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been linked to everyone in the first round for cooper to warmack, mingo to jones, austin to eifert
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
We've been linked to everyone in the first round for cooper to warmack, mingo to jones, austin to eifert

Yeah, Jets are building the selling point now.
green24

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
The only players I can think of that we haven't been linked to are Joeckel, Fisher, and Lane Johnson.

#TeamManfred
RDawg10

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Random food for thought, but reports are saying that Geno could fall out of the first with Nassib being the only qb drafted in the first. If we can swing a trade with San Fran and he falls that far, we may be able to snag him at the end of the 1st which would be insane

Manuel is ten times better than Geno
Name one facet of EJ's game that's better than Geno's. Only thing you can possibly argue is arm strength.

Manuel has a quicker release, better footwork, better accuracy, Hes also very intelligent as well. He carries himself a lot better than Geno. And as far as offenses, the WVU offense is extremely easy. When defenses press his recievers and make him make decisions, Geno has shown that hes terrible.

Trust me man, I to was a fan of tyler wilson, tyler bray, geno smith, and mike glennon. Over the past few weeks Ive watched a lot of film and did a lot of studying on the quarterback class. Ive came away with the fact that theirs two quarterbacks with the ability to come right in and i mean come right in and play at a high level.

These guys would be Nassib and Manuel. In fact in the beginning you can look at my posts, i hated HATED manuel just because hes a black quarterback, with so so stats, and was a guy that NO one was talking about. Thats not a racist statement, its just the general consensus we see every year. Black quarterbacks that struggle to succeed through a long career. Its just the truth. Everyone liked geno to begin with, i mean whats not to like right? A guy that lights it up stat wise, and on film hes just airing it out every where for long touchdowns. But the truth is, he takes a while to make decisions. He was fortunate to have a great pocket, any body that has 5 seconds to make a throw should be able to read a defense. But how about when your hot route is getting owned all game, and the check down is covered? and you only have 2 seconds to read whats going on? I just dont see Geno being able to handle it. At kansas state, he couldnt do anything mainly because his to favorite guys were covered. The cross/go routes they used all year werent working deep and Geno couldnt hit the intermediate corner passes.

Manuel is a really good quarterback. He gets rid of the ball quicker than anyone in the draft. For a quarterback as accurate as he is, a quick release is a HUGE advantage at the next level.

Everyone as much as you may not like Manuel, go back and watch his film and then take a second and watch his wide recievers and tight ends. They are crap. Very mediocre young wideouts. Manuel has a huge ceiling. I hated the guy but he is good.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
The only players I can think of that we haven't been linked to are Joeckel, Fisher, and Lane Johnson.

Johnson did.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nassib is undraftable? I get to record Billy Crystal's laughing.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/326813979571810304

Wow...Back up is his high ceiling. I am SOoooooooooooooo insulted.
green24

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:

Probably has to do with teams making up for not seeing him at the Combine.

#TeamManfred
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:

Probably has to do with teams making up for not seeing him at the Combine.

Oh yeah. He was unhappy about being snubbed.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Random food for thought, but reports are saying that Geno could fall out of the first with Nassib being the only qb drafted in the first. If we can swing a trade with San Fran and he falls that far, we may be able to snag him at the end of the 1st which would be insane

Name one facet of EJ's game that's better than Geno's. Only thing you can possibly argue is arm strength.

Manuel has a quicker release, better footwork, better accuracy, Hes also very intelligent as well. He carries himself a lot better than Geno. And as far as offenses, the WVU offense is extremely easy. When defenses press his recievers and make him make decisions, Geno has shown that hes terrible.

Trust me man, I to was a fan of tyler wilson, tyler bray, geno smith, and mike glennon. Over the past few weeks Ive watched a lot of film and did a lot of studying on the quarterback class. Ive came away with the fact that theirs two quarterbacks with the ability to come right in and i mean come right in and play at a high level.

These guys would be Nassib and Manuel. In fact in the beginning you can look at my posts, i hated HATED manuel just because hes a black quarterback, with so so stats, and was a guy that NO one was talking about. Thats not a racist statement, its just the general consensus we see every year. Black quarterbacks that struggle to succeed through a long career. Its just the truth. Everyone liked geno to begin with, i mean whats not to like right? A guy that lights it up stat wise, and on film hes just airing it out every where for long touchdowns. But the truth is, he takes a while to make decisions. He was fortunate to have a great pocket, any body that has 5 seconds to make a throw should be able to read a defense. But how about when your hot route is getting owned all game, and the check down is covered? and you only have 2 seconds to read whats going on? I just dont see Geno being able to handle it. At kansas state, he couldnt do anything mainly because his to favorite guys were covered. The cross/go routes they used all year werent working deep and Geno couldnt hit the intermediate corner passes.

Manuel is a really good quarterback. He gets rid of the ball quicker than anyone in the draft. For a quarterback as accurate as he is, a quick release is a HUGE advantage at the next level.

Everyone as much as you may not like Manuel, go back and watch his film and then take a second and watch his wide recievers and tight ends. They are crap. Very mediocre young wideouts. Manuel has a huge ceiling. I hated the guy but he is good.
Quicker release? Not even close. Geno has one of the quickest in the draft. EJ's is average at bes. Accuracy NO. EJ is accurate 5 yards down field. He forces his receivers to adjust WAY too often and his accuracy downfield is atrocious. Accuracy under pressure is beyond atrocious. Also misses easy throws way too often. Geno is widely considered by most scouts to be one of the most accurate in the draft and excellent with pin point passes. Footwork is arguable. I'll give you that Geno has the talent around him and EJ doesn't, but if those are your best arguments, you're not watching the right tape. Only reason why EJ is in the argument to be a top QB drafted is because of the senior bowl and his strong combine. Before that, he was a 4th rounder at best and where were all the EJ supporters than? It's false hype.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

I went through almost the same process and I agree with virtually everything you said. The more tape I watched of Manuel the more I really liked the kid. I don't understand anyone saying he isn't accurate, he throws as good of a ball as anyone in this class.

Geno is meh, but he never comes off his first read, mostly because he doesn't have to since his first read is either a tap pass or a bubble screen that Austin or Steadman would then take to the house and pad Geno's stats.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to disappoint you.... barnaby8787 wins the debate. Easy.
green24

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw a mock draft that had us trading back and taking Desmond Trufant and Manti Te'o at 23 and 25. Go home Mock Draft forum, you're drunk.

#TeamManfred
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rampantjet wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

I went through almost the same process and I agree with virtually everything you said. The more tape I watched of Manuel the more I really liked the kid. I don't understand anyone saying he isn't accurate, he throws as good of a ball as anyone in this class.

Geno is meh, but he never comes off his first read, mostly because he doesn't have to since his first read is either a tap pass or a bubble screen that Austin or Steadman would then take to the house and pad Geno's stats.

ESPN: Accuracy 4 Showed improved anticipation as a passer in 2012. Not great in that department but showed much better touch and accuracy on throws made before receiver breaks versus man coverage or crosses into open zone. Most accurate throwing over the middle of the field. Seems most comfortable on intermediate throws between the numbers. However, not nearly as efficient on underneath throws. Takes something off shorter passes but does not appear to be very natural for him, as there are far too many dirt balls when pressure forces him to quicken release. Misses within the strike zone frequently, which limits run-after-catch opportunities for WRs. Can miss by wide margins on some relatively easy throws for no apparent reason (majority were outside the numbers). Deep accuracy and touch are inconsistent.

FF Toolbox: Accuracy is up and down. Short arms deep passes at times and must continue to work at not placing throws

NFL.com: Area code accuracy – short throws are often low or wide, preventing receivers from making a play after the catch. Deep ball accuracy is uneven, as well.

Walter Football: Weaknesses:
Not a natural passer
Decision-making
Field vision
Struggles to work through progressions
Runs to quickly
Spotty accuracy
Can panic at times
Didn't play as well against good defenses

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 23 of 30

Jump to: