Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets 2013 Draft Interest/Rumors Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetskid007

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:
green24 wrote:

He can cover. He can play the run. He has a high football IQ. There is really a lot to like with him.

So do Vaccaro and Elam, arguably better than Cyprien.

I'm not saying I don't like Cyprien because there is a lot to like and I have him as my 3rd rated safety. I'm asking why, specifically, are you so infatuated with him? On top of that, why is he a better prospect than Kenny Vaccaro and Matt Elam?

Vaccaro isn't as complete of a safety IMO. He's great in coverage, but he struggles in other aspects of the positions. I see him as a Glover Quin type player. I think Elam is inferior to both of them in terms of coverage and run support.

Listen I'm open to get on board but I need proof, analysis, reasons why I should believe this... from what I've watched, Elam was better in coverage and pretty similar in run support. Elam also played in the SEC, a far more difficult conference than Cyprien played in. Cyprien has a higher ceiling because of his body and what he can be... he can develop into a guy that can cover TEs, but I can't agree that he'd ever be a better cover guy than Elam in nickel packages. I can see where Elam and Cyprien can be nit-picking prospects, but I can not disagree with you more on Vaccaro. Everything he's shown on tape suggests that he'll be able to do everything asked for out of a DB in the NFL Laughing
green24

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
green24 wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:
green24 wrote:

He can cover. He can play the run. He has a high football IQ. There is really a lot to like with him.

I'm not saying I don't like Cyprien because there is a lot to like and I have him as my 3rd rated safety. I'm asking why, specifically, are you so infatuated with him? On top of that, why is he a better prospect than Kenny Vaccaro and Matt Elam?

Vaccaro isn't as complete of a safety IMO. He's great in coverage, but he struggles in other aspects of the positions. I see him as a Glover Quin type player. I think Elam is inferior to both of them in terms of coverage and run support.

What does Vaccaro struggle in? Please don't say hit power because I could care less about that.

He isn't great in run support.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't rank my safetys for a while because I liked so many. There is about 6 or 7 safety's I like for Rex's scheme.

I put Cyp at my #1 because I loved the attitude he played with, how vocal he was, ability to play the run inside & outside the hash marks, and he has range to cover. He also can shed blockers. He doesn't allow WR's to block him out the picture. When I hear him speak, he sound like the type of player that will try to keep a defense motivated when things get bad. I think we really need someone like that.

I have KV right behind by a inch. It took me a long time to figure out who was my favorite. I think they both will be good players for the right scheme.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I didn't rank my safetys for a while because I liked so many. There is about 6 or 7 safety's I like for Rex's scheme.

I put Cyp at my #1 because I loved the attitude he played with, how vocal he was, ability to play the run inside & outside the hash marks, and he has range to cover. He also can shed blockers. He doesn't allow WR's to block him out the picture. When I hear him speak, he sound like the type of player that will try to keep a defense motivated when things get bad. I think we really need someone like that.

I have KV right behind by a inch. It took me a long time to figure out who was my favorite. I think they both will be good players for the right scheme.

Ryan scheme features short range S. Basically almost everyone can play S in his scheme. That is why we don't draft S that high. Playmaker with longer or wider coverage is only S that makes sense to draft that high.

Vaccaro and Elam offer this rarity. Both are fantastic at open range in run and pass. Both have problem with tackle angling inside the box. Wrong angling and they will make you look like a fool. That is fixable because both are very physical.

Last edited by quietjetsket on Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
green24

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
I'm in favor of any rumor that increases the chances of us landing Dion Jordan.

This. Jordan is my favorite prospect in the draft.
footballboss24

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
I'm in favor of any rumor that increases the chances of us landing Dion Jordan.

if by some miracle jordan is there at 9 we take him and mingo is there at 13 do you double dip.. This team has so many needs but an elite young pass rush could hide some of those I would have to say yes...

thinking about wilkerson coples jordan and mingo puts a smile on my face... id buy tickets to games for sure

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
skrILL wrote:
green24 wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:
green24 wrote:

What does Vaccaro struggle in? Please don't say hit power because I could care less about that.

He isn't great in run support.

He's not a stone-wall defender like Adrian Wilson but he reads and reacts very quickly and wastes no time filling holes. That to me is more valuable than tackling hard. He changes the dynamic of every play and at the very least slows down the ballcarrier and setting up gang tackles.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random food for thought, but reports are saying that Geno could fall out of the first with Nassib being the only qb drafted in the first. If we can swing a trade with San Fran and he falls that far, we may be able to snag him at the end of the 1st which would be insane
RDawg10

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Random food for thought, but reports are saying that Geno could fall out of the first with Nassib being the only qb drafted in the first. If we can swing a trade with San Fran and he falls that far, we may be able to snag him at the end of the 1st which would be insane

Manuel is ten times better than Geno
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

It's amazing how people can rank QB's so differently.

I think Manuel is one of the worst of the "top" QB prospects. I have him ranked #5 or #6 even.

1) Smith
2) Barkley
3) Glennon
4) Jones
5) Manuel
6) Nassib
7) Bray

Such an inexact science Laughing
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
skrILL

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

It's amazing how people can rank QB's so differently.

I think Manuel is one of the worst of the "top" QB prospects. I have him ranked #5 or #6 even.

1) Smith
2) Barkley
3) Glennon
4) Jones
5) Manuel
6) Nassib
7) Bray

Such an inexact science Laughing

Just curious what don't you like about him?

N E W Y O R K J E T S
green24

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate QB prospects. I just want to draft a really good one and then forgot about having to draft a starter at the position. Laughing
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

Name one facet of EJ's game that's better than Geno's. Only thing you can possibly argue is arm strength.
jetskid007

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Pauline...
Quote:
To date the New York Jets have been generally secretive about their plans for round one. The general consensus is they will take a guard early on. Tonight someone with knowledge of the situation told me, “they are looking for a weapon.” Seems receiver Tavon Austin of West Virginia is now in play for the team.

He's been against the Jets drafting Austin for quite some time, but I wonder if he's just taking this out of context... Maybe a "weapon" is a pass rusher. There's also the possibility that the Jets are trying to create some smoke so teams either trade up for their pick, or trade up before them so the prospect they really want falls.

Oh how I love draft season
green24

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The season of lies.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 22 of 30

Jump to: