Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Private workout and visits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
Given what we currently have on the roster I'm not even that keen on the idea to take a QB with a late round pick.

How come?

If McCoy is gone, we have no young QB to try and coach up.

Why not take a flier on a 5th or 6th guy?

I know the ones that work out are far and few between, but it's worth a shot.

I'd actually like to take one in the 4th depending on who is there.
McCoy isn't gone (yet). My opinion could change if our roster situation changes. That being said, I'd be every bit as happy getting a young developmental guy as an UDFA as I would spending a pick on one. I think we have some other areas where late round depth picks make more sense.

Obviously things can change.
bruceb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
Given what we currently have on the roster I'm not even that keen on the idea to take a QB with a late round pick.

How come?

McCoy isn't gone (yet). My opinion could change if our roster situation changes. That being said, I'd be every bit as happy getting a young developmental guy as an UDFA as I would spending a pick on one. I think we have some other areas where late round depth picks make more sense.

I don't think McCoy is going anywhere.

If, as I expect, Weeden wilts under the pressure of a fair competition with Campbell, he won't automatically be the backup QB.

In fact, he would be rather ill-suited for that role, having no experience in it, and McCoy would be a better fit, being more a game manager QB like Campbell.
DawgX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:

How come?

If, as I expect, Weeden wilts under the pressure of a fair competition with Campbell, he won't automatically be the backup QB.

In fact, he would be rather ill-suited for that role, having no experience in it, and McCoy would be a better fit, being more a game manager QB like Campbell.

McCoy is a terrible fit for the new offense. A strong arm is a must and that is something that McCoy does not have.

Anyway, even if the Browns hadn't signed Campbell, I didn't think the Browns would draft a QB early. Like I've said before, I wouldn't mind if they took a flyer on a late-round QB like Dysert.

Smack on the sig.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
bruceb wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:

How come?

McCoy is a terrible fit for the new offense. A strong arm is a must and that is something that McCoy does not have.

Anyway, even if the Browns hadn't signed Campbell, I didn't think the Browns would draft a QB early. Like I've said before, I wouldn't mind if they took a flyer on a late-round QB like Dysert.

I had a bad feeling we were going to go crazy and give up multiple picks for Geno. The Campbell signing has me feeling like my feeling was a stupid feeling, which gives me a good feeling, that is with the exception of knowing my feeling was a wrong feeling so now I've lost faith in my feelings. -Feeling sad.

Colt is gone Bruce, if he makes it to the regular season as a Brown I will go out and buy his jersey.

Disclaimer: I won't really go buy his jersey so my statement means as little as the rest of my statements
bruceb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
bruceb wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:

How come?

I have reviewed mocks in which we were projected to select Bray, Dysert (sp?) or Glennon in rounds 3-4.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no scenario where McCoy fits in this offense.

Bung - I can agree about some roster spots that need upgraded and can be done by late picks (P, K). Thought I think chances are, the more physically talented QB's will probably go earlier rather than later.

I'd be more than ok with a Dysert or Glennon in the mid rounds, though I don't think Glennon falls that far.

Bray is a nutbag and I really don't want him in any way.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

browns have wasted to many 3rd round picks (and late 1sts) on second tier crap QBs....

Draft the top guy or fill depth with an udfa.... Stop wasting picks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
DawgX wrote:
bruceb wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:

How come?

I had a bad feeling we were going to go crazy and give up multiple picks for Geno. The Campbell signing has me feeling like my feeling was a stupid feeling, which gives me a good feeling, that is with the exception of knowing my feeling was a wrong feeling so now I've lost faith in my feelings. -Feeling sad.

Colt is gone Bruce, if he makes it to the regular season as a Brown I will go out and buy his jersey.

Disclaimer: I won't really go buy his jersey so my statement means as little as the rest of my statements

Nice lulz...I thought you were going to say you would buy me his jersey!!
StewieRules

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then it must be true, random mocks and their GPS-like accuracy and all.

Honestly, with Campbell here (not a bad signing as a veteran backup with some skills IMO) and Weeden here, anyone who honestly thinks Colt and his 2nd-year salary will be on the roster come day is devoid of math. He doesn't fit the vertical game. He will be moved on.

I also think the whole "draft em raw and coach em up" theory is a bit outdated, since it rarely ever happens. Joe Gibbs left coaching partly because of his frustration with being unable to do that with FA - draft a kid, work with him, coach him, etc etc ... and then watch him sign on with someone else after his contract's up. Other than Romo, who's done it? Teams who need a QB draft one early or trade for one. That said if Matt Scott were around in the 6th, which I doubt he will be despite his "tiny hands" (is that like Joe Thomas and his "short arms?") I'd draft him because of his overall pass/run skill set.

Lastly, I'm getting a kick of the obsessive word use, "wilt" for example. There was a poster in another forum who used "fabulous floating flutterball" EVERY SINGLE time McCoy's name came up. Every time. For years. Ya can't buy that kind of entertainment Wink

Their reaction when Weeden 1st maintains his job and then puts that live arm of his to work in the new scheme? Ya can't buy that either. I can't wait!
bruceb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StewieRules wrote:
Well then it must be true, random mocks and their GPS-like accuracy and all.

Honestly, with Campbell here (not a bad signing as a veteran backup with some skills IMO) and Weeden here, anyone who honestly thinks Colt and his 2nd-year salary will be on the roster come day is devoid of math. He doesn't fit the vertical game. He will be moved on.

I also think the whole "draft em raw and coach em up" theory is a bit outdated, since it rarely ever happens. Joe Gibbs left coaching partly because of his frustration with being unable to do that with FA - draft a kid, work with him, coach him, etc etc ... and then watch him sign on with someone else after his contract's up. Other than Romo, who's done it? Teams who need a QB draft one early or trade for one. That said if Matt Scott were around in the 6th, which I doubt he will be despite his "tiny hands" (is that like Joe Thomas and his "short arms?") I'd draft him because of his overall pass/run skill set.

Lastly, I'm getting a kick of the obsessive word use, "wilt" for example. There was a poster in another forum who used "fabulous floating flutterball" EVERY SINGLE time McCoy's name came up. Every time. For years. Ya can't buy that kind of entertainment Wink

Their reaction when Weeden 1st maintains his job and then puts that live arm of his to work in the new scheme? Ya can't buy that either. I can't wait!

It's fitting alliteration. Weeden will wilt because he's a wimp.
bruceb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:

Bung - I can agree about some roster spots that need upgraded and can be done by late picks (P, K). Thought I think chances are, the more physically talented QB's will probably go earlier rather than later.

I'd be more than ok with a Dysert or Glennon in the mid rounds, though I don't think Glennon falls that far.

What are you talking about?

Neither you nor I nor anyone in this forum knows what "this offense" is.

Chud's calling card is a willingness and ability to fit "his" offense to the best players available.

Campbell has just less an arm as Weeden.

McCoy has just less an arm than Campbell.

So, what exactly is your point?
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb quit clowning bro. Your conspiracy theory's are joke enough, and now you are trying to act like Colt McCoy is a better option than Brandon Weeden?

Jamison on the sig
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

What are you talking about?

Neither you nor I nor anyone in this forum knows what "this offense" is.

Chud's calling card is a willingness and ability to fit "his" offense to the best players available.

Campbell has just less an arm as Weeden.

McCoy has just less an arm than Campbell.

So, what exactly is your point?

The offense that Chud has used is predicated on throwing downfield.

Chances are that we are going to use a big arm QB.

Weeden and Campbell fit the bill.

Colt doesn't

I'm not saying this because I dislike Colt or like Weeden, it's just the way it is.

I know you love Colt, but that doesn't mean he is a fit here.

BTW, Dropkick

The 9ers and SeaHawks must be kicking themselves for not taking the top guy and instead waiting till later to get their QB.

Not saying it's the norm, but it happens.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
bruceb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
bruceb quit clowning bro. Your conspiracy theory's are joke enough, and now you are trying to act like Colt McCoy is a better option than Brandon Weeden?

Why don't you get specific?

The Big was a waste.

He and his/LaMonte's entourage were flushed summarily.

Not just me questioning the Weeden reach...err, pick.

We now have Campbell, who I have pimped for repeatedly.

Why don't you get specific and tell me exactly where my vision has been as globally wrong as you imply?

Or better yet, enlighten me as to how yours is so superior.

No conspiracies...accurate observations.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:

BTW, Dropkick

The 9ers and SeaHawks must be kicking themselves for not taking the top guy and instead waiting till later to get their QB.

Not saying it's the norm, but it happens.

of course it happen... 49ers had a starting QB that was drafted #1 overall, and who had just taken the team to the NFC championship. Seahawks had just brought in FA QB with the assumption he would start, as they were looking to rebuild the team, WIlson was depth/camp competion. Heck even Tom Brady, who many like to point there finger at, was drafted by the Pats who had a #1 overall QB who was the starter...

sure it happens.... rarely. Statistics show over the last 20 years that its a waste of a pick.

In the Browns case when this pick is your starting QB it results in another losing season. Fact is the Browns have wasted a number of picks on second rate qbs that have all failed. At some point you have to pony up and take a top rated qb and stop wasting resources that should be devoted to the team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: