Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UPDATED: Romo Contract - 7YR/119M/$40 Guaranteed
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: UPDATED: Romo Contract - 7YR/119M/$40 Guaranteed Reply with quote

UPDATE:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/tony-romo/

^^^^ Link with contract info

EDIT:

Quote:
Here’s the breakdown of Romo’s contract, not including the $25 million signing bonus:

2013: $1.5 million base salary, $11.818 million cap figure
2014: $13.5 million base salary, $21.773 million cap figure
2015: $17 million base salary, $25.273 million cap figure
2016: $8.5 million base salary, $15.135 million cap figure
2017: $14 million base salary, $19 million cap figure
2018: $19.5 million base salary, cap figure
2019: $20.5 million base salary, cap figure

With the high cap figures in 2014-15, the Cowboys can lower Romo’s base salaries to the league minimum and turn the difference into signing bonus. Such a move in 2014 could save the Cowboys $10 million in cap space but add $2.5 million to the cap figures in each of the remaining years.

In the first three years of the deal, Romo will make $57 million for a $19 million average. In the first four years of the deal, he will make $65.5 for a $16.38 average.

Without seeing the specific language, Romo was able to do well in the first three years and the team was able to do well over the first four years. Both sides would call that a win-win deal.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4707104/breaking-down-tony-romos-contract

4 years, $68 million, with $30 million guarnteed, per Graziano tweet.

@fishsports: As we just said on @1053thefan I think #Cowboys closing in on QB Tony Romo deal

@nickeatman: You don't bring people in without the intent to buy .. Romo deal has to be close .. As in hours maybe

Quote:
The Cowboys had Livings sign a re-structured deal, but it was never handed in to the league office.

If the Cowboys take a guard early, Livings could possibly be released, per Nick Eatman.

@Edwerderespn: Cowboys negotiating multi-year deal with Anthony Spencer. That could create cap space for visiting FAs S0 Michael Huff or OL Eric Moore

Quote:
The Cowboys are sticking their proverbial toe in the free agent market Monday by hosting linebacker Justin Durant and safeties Michael Huff and Will Allen for informational visits, according to sources.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2013/03/cap-strapped-cowboys-hosting-two-free-agents-monday-but-cant-offer-deals-.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited by Matts4313 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:15 am; edited 3 times in total
Captain Zapp

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't hate the contract. I like that its only 4 years and 17 per seems fair for Tony. Its hard to determine without details but hopefully its set up to where 80 percent of that 30 mil signing bonus is in the first two years and the team can feasibly cut him in 2015 worst case scenario.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that's true, Romo just got over in a big way. Schaub signed 5 years/$66M or about $13M per year. Romo is getting $16M per year. And they got the same guaranteed money but schaubs is spread out over 5 years.

All I'm going to say is now they better give the guy an OL.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant find the tweet. I read elsewhere that the tweet was deleted, so it could be wrong.

As for the contract, I think its great if true. Thats in the neighborhood of what I hoped for (15 per) and the guaranteed isnt too bad either. Good for all involved, and definitely a hometown discount as compared to the open market.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

YES!

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad contract. Like hearing that Livings could possibly be released.

I wonder if we'll see the likes of Durant and others be signed now that we have some cap room.

^^^mack
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 year contract, so essentially a 3 year extension.

I'm perfectly fine with that. Opportunity to find QB of the future in 2014 or 2015, and let him groom for a year. Any longer would have been a mistake, but I'm happy with this.

Now I just hope they don't screw it up and extend Spencer.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Graziano ‏@espn_nfceast 45m

OK, thanks for the tip. RT @lexhaynes88: @espn_nfceast Romo deal hours away 4 years 68 million 30 Guaranteed

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phenomenal deal for the cowboys if true.
htfryar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If true, it is a good contract. The price range is a little better than I expected. I figured it would be 5 yrs $80 million with $35 guaranteed. He gets 1 less year and 1 more million per year, but with less guaranteed than I expected.

Like Slam said, now that he is re-signed, we better get him an o-line that can protect him. I love it that we didn't sign in the paperwork on Livings and can possibly release him later. Wish we'd done that with McBurning Deuce.

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 26 tackles, 4 TFL, 1 sack, 1 Forced Fumble, 3 Pass Break Ups
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
If true, it is a good contract. The price range is a little better than I expected. I figured it would be 5 yrs $80 million with $35 guaranteed. He gets 1 less year and 1 more million per year, but with less guaranteed than I expected.

Like Slam said, now that he is re-signed, we better get him an o-line that can protect him. I love it that we didn't sign in the paperwork on Livings and can possibly release him later. Wish we'd done that with McBurning Deuce.

MB's contract is fairly small. Not sure that it would be wise to cut him. He might make more sense as a back up OG and C.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
htfryar wrote:

MB's contract is fairly small. Not sure that it would be wise to cut him. He might make more sense as a back up OG and C.

Except for the fact that he sucks. I don't mean just a little bit of suction. I mean full on Linda Lovelace action.

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 26 tackles, 4 TFL, 1 sack, 1 Forced Fumble, 3 Pass Break Ups
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how much cap space are we gong to have now? Maybe we can sign 1 or a few of these guys.

FS - M.Huff
OG - B.Moore
OG- M.Slausen
OLB - J.Durant

or maybe even RT A.Smith Very Happy

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Considering I don't think Romo is far from Flacco, the money seems to make sense.

Well, yeah, if you look it with the context of Flacco's deal, any deal looks like a good deal. Perhaps I'm just not used to the current inflation on QB contracts, but I don't think Romo is worth $17 million a year, and I'm not trying to be a hater (I've always liked the guy in fact).

Wish him and the Cowboys the best, but this deal could hurt the Cowboys in the long run, I believe.

E Manning - 21M
M Stafford - 21M
P Manning - 20M
D Brees - 17M
P Rivers - 17M
T Romo - 17M
C Parmer - 15M
T Brady - 14M
B Roeth - 14M
M Sanchez - 13M

E Manning - 20M
M Stafford - 19M
P Manning - 20M
D Brees - 18M
P Rivers - 15M
C Parmer - 17M
T Brady - 15M
B Roeth - 18M
S Bradford - 18M
J Flacco - 15M

E Manning - 20M
M Stafford - 17M
P Manning - 19M
D Brees - 26M Shocked
P Rivers - 16M
C Parmer - 17M
B Roeth - 17
S Bradford - 17M
Schaub - 17M
Sanchez - 16M

Just throwing this out there - Romo at 17 per is pretty reasonable.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Hoover82 wrote:
So how much cap space are we gong to have now? Maybe we can sign 1 or a few of these guys.

FS - M.Huff
OG - B.Moore
OG- M.Slausen
OLB - J.Durant

or maybe even RT A.Smith Very Happy

We could probably cut Free and sign Smith without the Romo deal. Which is something I think we should have done already.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 1 of 25

Jump to: